-
Posts
1,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by pooley
-
So ok, on the reversal then can you use smtpdiag to send the school an email, see if there is a routing error?
-
Try using smtpdiag from client end, see where it falls over?
-
Are the schools getting any specifit NDR's? the mail thats getting stuck, is it external, internal?
-
Read somewhere that they were made by yealink, (yealink.com) they have some software called skypemate? Looks like they are re-badged USB-P1K phones, drivers and software on yealink site
-
All blocked here... what does the "pi" do ?
-
'Hiccup girl' lawyer explores possible brain disorder...
pooley replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
Odd takes me to an oops this isn't a page any more type of thing Scrub that, link now works for me... how odd. Internet must of been down/broken for 5 mins ;~) -
'Hiccup girl' lawyer explores possible brain disorder...
pooley replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
Working link 'Hiccup girl' lawyer exploring brain disorder role in killing - CNN.com -
Admin & Curriculum are separate here, dictated by LA. I'm hoping to "flatten" within the next year and have once nice domain.
-
Be very carefull when selling tickets on Ebay, if you sell for above the face value the WRU will do their best to locate the club you had the tickets from and punish them, if your putting an image up make sure the serial number and club name is not visible.
-
Does it happen for all users on the same machine? I've had this after an update, Office decided it wanst a valid (paid for) version and refused to run, had to re-enter serial key to get it running.
-
Not tried it myself but (taken from another forum)
-
on mine at the moment Winterboard Sbsettings 3G unristrictor (allows Facetime over 3g) iFile Terminal AndroidLock XT Backgrounder Wi-Fi Sync to name a few
-
Didn't upset me
-
New GPO's not applying since setting up central policy store
pooley replied to pooley's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Thanks.. Ignore me, its friday, I chose the only pc in the ICT suite that was in the incorrect OU, if I had looked to my left i'd of noticed the new desktop backround (one of my new gpo's) It's nearly beer o clock -
2 fish in a tank, one says to the other "how do you drive this thing?":getmecoat:
-
As topic, Since setting up a central policy store any new GPO's I create do not apply nor are they even listed when performing gpresult or rsop. DC1 = Server 2008R2 64bit DC2 = Server 2008 64bit Clients = Win 7 32bit. The Gpo's that were present before creating the policystore are still there and working, if I edit one the changes appear on the desktops. Any idea's where to look?
-
Ahh scrub that "yep" above, I had forgotten to copy the R2 admx files into the store, I was only copying the office admx files. Let the normal idiotry continue. Thanks mate
-
Yep, Ill post some screen shots now
-
Ok I had 1 DC running Server 2008 + Exchange 2007, Exchange was only being used by staff and Y6 pupils so I didn't need (nor was I given a budget) to install EX2k7 on another server. Now 2 years on I needed to "control" my Win 7 machines... So I install Server 2008R2 and promote to DC. (Both are 64bit) I now have a 2008 functional domain level, with 1x 2008 and 1x 2008R2 DC's replicating. My problem is that I cannot set a central policy store, I create the folder, it replicates, I open gpmc on the R2 box and it thows up errors about not being able to fine ADMX files etc. I open gpmc on the 2008 box and there are NO group policy objectes at all, no domain listed under the Site etc. I assume this is because 2008 and 2008R2 use different versions of adm(x) files? I cannot De-promote the 2008box as its got Exchange installed, just the same I cannot upgrade it to R2 with exchange installed. I'm considering offloading our Exchange to live@edu but this is a long term project, not somthing I have time for at the moment. Any suggestions? GPO's taken from the R2 box work fine (still nothing on the 2008 box mind) but I can't controll Office 2010 etc from the std adm files. thanks for reading Pooley
-
[video] NSFW - NSFW - Warning Warning - 50p flights song.
pooley replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Fantastic!! -
As has been said, do a price comparison, then go to Quidco - The UK's Most Popular Cashback & Voucher Code Site and see if you can sign up via them and get some cashback, I just got £50 cashback for signing with eon
-
My phone came with firmware 4.02 so there hasn't been a jailbreak option for me until now
-
Just used the new "limera1n" software to jailbreak my Iphone 4 Sw 4.1. I now have SB Settings back, damn ive missed it
-
Anyone used or using MS Live@Edu ?
pooley replied to UKDarkstar's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Yep, although if you want AD sync of passwords etc you need MS ILM Server which is about £215 edu prices. -
Sysman I would love your skills, that is awsome, thanks fella. If your ever in south Wales the beer's on me!!
