Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Anyone fancy a re-draw? This was taken from schools letter head, there is no other digital copy. Shield attached, Motto for school is "Caring, Sharing, Learning Together" Thanks Si
  2. Hmm getting tempted, how about AD integration, password resets etc?
  3. Had thought of that, I've not looked at Live@edu, they have their own domain name registered so I think they would like to keep that for emails, hense the enchange server plan
  4. Fairly new Fujitsu econel (not sure what model) has 4 gig of RAM and loads of disk space
  5. Ok story goes, Local primary school have approached me to help them install exchange, not they have a server (just 1) which is DC, DNS, DHCP etc. They cannot afford new hardware. The current OS is 2008 32bit, and this is where my problem lies. I cannot install 2003 onto 2008, also I cannot install 2007 or 2010 exchnage on 32 bit hardware. I'm thinking of Vmware and installing another instance of 200864bit to run exchange 2007. I know they will have a performance hit on this but the server is under used at mo, only individual staff (20 or so) and year groups login, so its not getting hammered. Any advice, tips or warnings. I think I know what your all going to advise but hey, got to ask Cheers Si
  6. Got through here, just updating my twitter b4 I get it blocked
  7. Did you get a chance to play fella?
  8. Can someone please take a look at our logo, the Head has added a circular "motto?" around it but not lined it up correctly. I have an image of our badge but have no clue how he created the motto cirlce and he aparently can't remember. Alos would it be possible to create a lighter version of the finished logo, as when its printed in mono it comes out black or very dark. Thanks for any help. Si
  9. Blocked here, but Teachers just download the resources at home and print them in school.
  10. Sods law, going to get my Iphone 4 on Monday and its bound to be 4.02 or 4.1 firmware. I like my Jailbroken 3G but its sloowwww now.
  11. I have about 60x 256MB PC2-5300 So-Dimms which were take out of our IMac's when the memory was updated. these have Never been used so i'm loath to just bin them but I have no idea what to do with them. Any suggestions ?
  12. This any good http://www.edugeek.net/forums/downloads/35037-microsoft-autocollage-free-uk-educational-use.html you could create your own and get it printed?
  13. pooley

    IT crowd

    One of the better episodes, even the wife laughed at some of it. So many good lines tonight: = If this was a human being i'd shoot it in the face etc
  14. He needs to get out more!!
  15. Why go to all the effort of making that POS, not remotely funny?
  16. Ahh worked it out. Need the ADML files inside the language "en-us" folder within the "PolicyDefinitions" folder and the admx files just within the "PolicyDefinitions" folder. Not sure what i was trying to do earlier but it obviously wasn't that!!
  17. Just a bit more info. This domain ahve been upgraded from 2003, I have since decommisioned the old 2003 server and now run with 1 x 2008 Dc and 1 x 2008R2 dc. I have created the PolicyDefinitions folder and placed offcie 2010 admx files directly in there and they are detected, if I then add (downloaded) 2008 admx files I get errors readimg the admx files. So I place them all in en-us folder withing the central store. GPMC says its looking in the central store but alals there are no admin templates listed when I try to create a new GPO. I'm tired and grumpy and was not planning on wasting 80 of my time today bugg£$*(g about with this today. Any ideas? If I delete the Policydefinitions folder all is well as GPMC looks locally for for the adm(x) files. If I try the old fasioned way of right clicking and adding an admin template, it doesnt let me nor does it show ANY adm files loded?
  18. I am running on a 2008 domain infastructure, I am in the process of upgrading 90% of our client pc's to Windows 7 & office 2010. So naturally I start looking at ADMX files for office and this leads me down the slippery route of Central policy stores. So I copy office admx files to the newly created C:\Windows\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\PolicyDefinitions\ on my 2008R2 DC. Open GPMC and lo and behold I have Office policies to play with but.... NO OTHER Policies remain?? So I copy all the folders that were in C:\Windows\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\ into my new store and lo and behold - gpmc wont run (permissions error) If I move the folders back and remove/delete the "PolicyDefinitions" folder all my std policy options come back but no Office 2010 options. Am I missing somthing very obvious? Thanks Si
  19. 1 more week here, then to re-image everything to Win7 and Ofice 2010, and just a simple task!!!! of decomissioning 2 small suites and building 1 new large one ... this was dropped into my lap yesterday
  20. I did this earlier this week. Put your Server 2008 dvd into your server 2003 machine, navigate to \sources\adprep\ and run adprep (32 bit version) from there 1st adprep /forestprep 2nd adprep /domainprep Then DCpromo your 2008 server, all should be good
  21. In the adaptor properties try turning off IPv6 support
  22. FYI: Chkdsk /R implies F anyway
  23. From what I can find the "OPPY_UI" file is a process used by the OKI PCL5c UI Printer Driver program. This system file was created by Oki Data Corporation. Typical errors with the oppa_ui.dll file include File Not Found, Missing File, Exception Errors.
  24. Yep you can add a login script to your "managed" mac pc's. Look at http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mac/22957-mac-login-script.html for info on how to do it
  25. Look to the bottom of this Delete from Desktop using Applescript [Archive] - The macosxhints Forums post for example sripts to delete/remove all fies on desktop. You could then add the script as a startup file on login.
×
×
  • Create New...