-
Posts
412 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mitchell1981
-
Premiere Pro and OneDrive Home Folder - Loading importerquicktime.prm
mitchell1981 replied to mitchell1981's topic in Windows
Sorry, old thread, but still having this problem, and really don't want to stop using Cloud Drive Mapper as it works well for us, expect for this problem. @Jaan Did you ever find a fix? -
This is worth a try: https://bios-pw.org/ Worked with most of our Government issued laptops. It doesn't specify Lenovo, but it still might work. You have to get the password wrong three times and it should give you a code which you can put into the website.
-
That sounds great. I'll give it a try. I did look at the retention thing before, but I figured it would just delete the messages, and not the "chats" themselves allowing the students to just pick up where they left off. If that is not the case I will give it a try. Thank you.
-
Almost a year later, just wondering if this is still the case? Really want to turn on supervised chat, but aware that there are thousands of old chats just sitting there waiting to be abused! Seems crazy if there is no way to apply this to all chats, or delete the old chats! Anyone come up with a solution, or have you all just left chat switched off?
-
[22h2] PEAP/MSCHAPv2 and 22H2 Credential Guard
mitchell1981 replied to mitchell1981's topic in Windows 11
Thanks for this. I was being stupid when I tried this. I changed the settings on NPS, and completely forgot to tweak the GPO! Got it working now. -
[22h2] PEAP/MSCHAPv2 and 22H2 Credential Guard
mitchell1981 replied to mitchell1981's topic in Windows 11
Just for anyone facing this problem. A quick non-fix is to disable the Credential Guard feature until you are ready for it: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Guard > Turn on Virtualization Based Secuirty > Credential Guard Configuration Disabled I've set this policy with a WMI filter to just Windows 11 22H2 until I can modernise the WiFi setup. -
Installed 22H2 on a test laptop and immediately ran into the Radius / Credential Guard issue. Can anyone advise what is the best way to go if we are no longer supposed to use PEAP/MSCHAPv2. Is it EAP-TLS we should be using now? Anyone know of a good guide to get this set up? Sorry if these are silly questions. It's an area I've not fiddled with much recently.
-
Hi Jamwatn, I don't suppose you ever fixed this one did you? We have the same problem. Can't print anything from Edge at all. Browser just shuts down, and nothing comes out the printer. Have tried the other suggestion of using the system dialogue instead. The dialogue changes, but no difference. As soon as you press the print button Edge closes down and nothing comes out the printer. Thanks.
-
SIMS connected (avoid like the plague)
mitchell1981 replied to HereIGoAgain2601's topic in MIS Systems
Having exactly the same experience. Barely working the last two days. Users constantly disconnecting. Some can’t log in at all. Having to ‘re sync’ passwords for the same users over and over again. Have now told teachers to use Edulink for registers instead. -
Finding IPs of All Devices on Single VLAN?
mitchell1981 replied to Madman_Lorenzo's topic in How do you do....it?
Try this utility: https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ Just ensure your pc (or a second adapter on you pc) is on the vlan you want to scan. -
The whole thing runs from the cloud (ESS), and all the data is in the cloud, expect for (as you mentioned), the server that connects to third party services. For us this is a VM running a local copy of Sims (the application, not the database) that connects via a VPN to ESS. You can install anything you like on this server, and it works just like an standard old fashioned install of Sims. I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible to run this server in Azure, or similar, and therefore not require a local server. Maybe ESS will even host this for you, but I've not asked.
-
We have now made the move to Sims Connected. I should point out that absolutely no information about what it was, was provided by ESS before we moved. We were just told it was better for licencing purposes. It is basically just Sims opening in the web browser rather that RDP. Advantages: - One log in instead of two - Seem to be less problems with passwords going wrong / out of sync - No longer have to manage licence numbers Disadvantages: - Printing is a bit weird. You print to a special printer which then forwards the print to you actual physical printer. Usually works, but we've had some complications with printer settings, double sided etc.. - File management is awkward. Files are saved to a Web Files mapped drive, which syncs to the users 'Downloads' folder. The problem is, sometimes the Web Files drive just isn't there. Usually when there are problems getting the users to sign out and back in fixes it, but with the missing Web Files mapped drive, we've occasionally had to contact support to fix it. Command Reporter continues to run on the VPN based server, so is not affected.
-
Hi All, I have Operating System Images in MECM for both Windows 10 and 11. I often go through the update process on these images. Right click and Schedule Updates. The Windows 10 image gets loads of updates. The Windows 11 image only ever seems to get the Malicious Software Removal Tool Updates. Is this normal behaviour, or should I be seeing matching updates across both OS? I've ticked all the Windows 11 options in the SUP Settings but there are only three.
-
Yes, working again. Thanks all.
-
Looks like they might have just fixed it. DNS now resolves correctly again. Just doing a flush!
-
Thanks Steve21, can you advise what IP id.sims.co.uk resolves to? Thanks.
-
Hi All, Has hosted Sims gone down for anyone else? Seems to be DNS related possibly, but I don't think it's at our end. Can't get to: https://id.sims.co.uk Can anyone check for me. Thanks.
-
Thanks for the info. Still not heard from account manager! Seems that appended URL thing no longer works. Wonder if they spotted this thread!
-
Hi All, Anyone know anything about Sims Connected? We are currently on Hosted Sims. We needed some more licences, but we've been told to hold off, as we are apparently about to move to 'Sims Connected'. All I can find is a small piece in a blog, about a web based version of Sims. Does anyone know any more about Sims Connected, or what it will do? This has all come via our Finance Officer. I've ask to speak to our ESS account manager to clarify what is going on, but not heard yet. Thanks.
-
Hi All, We have the A1+ licence in place for all students. Recently we've noticed students having problems using the Office 365 apps on their iPads. Am I right in thinking that if the 'Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise' box is ticked then the user definitely has the licence required to use these apps and make edits? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.
-
Hi All, We had a pretty good Photoshop based site map of our school building. Unfortunately the template was lost and we now only have printed copies and jpegs, so all the layers are gone and it's a pain to make changes. I want to start from scratch with it and make a new, clearer site map that can be used for different purposes. I could do it again in Photoshop, but I was wondering if anyone was aware of any internal mapping tools that can make nice clear maps that are suitable for every day use. They don't need to be details plans that show every wall construction and window. I was hoping to create something a bit interactive with different elements that can be switched on and off. Does anyone have an impressive map that they would be willing to share, and how it was made? Thanks.
-
Hi All, Not sure if I'm minunderstanding how Windows Admin Center (as a gateway) is supposed to work. I've got WAC installed on a Server 2022 VM. I've followed the guides, and run the scripts to set up the constrained delegation for every server I want to manage. If I access WAC on the WAC server everything works as expected. I can connect to all the servers using SSO credentials. If I access WAC from my admin machine I can sign in to WAC no problem, but the connections to the servers fail and I get advised that I may need to set up constrained delegation, despite having already done it. Is this the way it is supposed to behave? I'm using the same user account for both attempts. I can't see myself using WAC if I have to constantly sign in all the time. Thanks.
-
Our Sims Hosted connection is running terribly again. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Reluctant to log a ticket as ESS are about to switch to a new helpdesk system in a couple of days time!
-
No, they are just like big foam pads in a box. Really not obvious. I'll buy a spare to be on the safe side! Thanks.
-
Just ordering consumables for our big Epson Printer. This seems like a silly question, but can anyone tell me, looking at the screenshot attached, is the Maintenance box nearly full and about to run out, or does this mean it is 'full of capacity' and good for a while yet? They could have made it a bit clearer! Thanks!
