caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Been a week now, no documentation issued.. -
Don't worry, I think we all do to some extent - I've no idea why or how I ended up a NM, I certainly don't feel worthy in the slightest
-
Did you add the application via > Application \ New application ?
-
From here :- https://cloud.google.com/chrome-enterprise/browser/download Has the admx templates too if you get the bundle
-
-
Parameters? I have msiexec.exe /i googlechromestandaloneenterprise64.msi /qn
-
You need to add it to your task sequence (assuming that you've already imported the app under applications) under State Restore - Add , General - Install Application
-
I found computers fascinating from the day the commodore PET was wheeled between classes in my junior school, I was always first to finish my work so I could get to play on it. VIC20 - C64 basic programming then Amiga. I actually started a career path of becoming an accounts technician but I didn't enjoy it. Got a job as a accounts dogbody and ended up creating databases in db4 for expenses and petty cash and stuff then my career just fell into IT - I have no formal qualifications in IT at all, not even any certs, I just enjoy solving puzzles and not necessarily in IT. I don't enjoy IT as much as I used to, as it's all got very fragmented and it just doesn't feel as exciting anymore
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I still get access denied here (not the usual netsweeper block page), wonder if its the captcha -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I get an access denied here, using a test teacher account edit it works on my guest account which bypasses netsweeper -
This is ours for students, operations group is logoff \ shutdown shortcuts It really is finicky, one mistake and it breaks, looks like microsoft will be changing the start menu in the next release so we probably have this all to do again in the future xmlns:defaultlayout="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/FullDefaultLayout" xmlns:start="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/StartLayout" xmlns:taskbar="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/TaskbarLayout" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/LayoutModification" Version="1"> StartTileGroupsColumnCount="1" />
-
-
The Ark of the Covenant found... on Antiques Roadshow (US)
caffrey replied to LeMarchand's topic in TV & Movies
Don't open it! -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Seems to be okay now, but has Google Password Sync broke for anyone ? Or is it just a coincidence ? I've put a support ticket in anyway *edit* ignore me, just fixed it - just a coincidence -
I'm deliberating what to do too, especially as our domain is single label
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Seems to be working okay today, but then again the traffic hasn't really started Spoke too soon, it's slow again Slow for anyone else ? -
Blaming IT again
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Update – P0 Case Reference – 01138958 Apologies with the delay to this communication, engineers have been on a conference call all afternoon with Netsweeper. We believe we have found the issue and have put a temporary fix in place. We will be carrying out additional work this evening to make the fix permanent and will send further comms in the morning. A full RFO will be distributed once we have a confirmed fix in place. Still running like a sack of potatoes here -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just had this, Customer Communication - Netsweeper Intermittent Outage – P0 Case Reference – 01138958 Some customers may be experiencing an intermittent connection to the internet this morning. Our engineers are working closely with Netsweeper and believe they have identified the issue and are taking steps to confirm/rectify. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and will send a further update at 1.30PM -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
No statement from SBB yet ? DNS is resolving slowly now but it kinda works -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Wonder if it's anything to do with this At Risk Maintenance Notification – Monday 24th February 2020 8PM – 11PM We are taking precautionary steps and replacing a switch in one of our data centres following a power surge. Customers should not be affected unless they have not followed previous advice sent in multiple notifications and updated their DNS settings. To confirm, customers should be using the following DNS servers 85.92.188.226 and 85.92.168.104 -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Same, Great first day back... -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Had the recaptcha thing before it went , I thought it was to do with post half term traffic. I wouldn't care I did some network stuff last week and it's a horrible coincedence! -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Is there a problem with netsweeper today ? -
My budget is terrible, so terrible in fact I won't say what it is. What they have done is force me down a cyclic maintenance route which is not how I work or like to work, they have done this to forecast the yearly IT spend. I understand it but it's frustrating and stops me from innovating.
