Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

caffrey

Members
  • Posts

    4,763
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caffrey

  1. Good point, not sure if chromebooks in a school environment would last the 8 years though I think we're starting with teachers first, hence the slightly bigger screens
  2. National holidays has gone, no more mystery (misery) weekends for me ☹️ https://nationalholidays.com/
  3. Thanks, thought that was the case Argos for example https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8814700 Which I thought was not a bad price (we have to pay VAT) for a 14"
  4. Can the chrome device management licences be used with any Chromebook ? Say for instance buy a load cheap from say Argos and enrol them ? Any 14" Chromebook recommendations ?
  5. Looks like I'm back in on the 1st June - I've got black and yellow striped safety tape on the floor across the door threshold so I'm safe at least
  6. Is this recent ? As like I've mentioned Google said to me you can't because of issues, Edit just checked, there is no option like that, although Meet has now appeared in the list of apps instead of hangouts chat and google hangouts but I guess that's to do with the new changes on the 15th June
  7. They do, but for some reason wanted to do a private one - they don't like using their School accounts.
  8. Thanks for that, confirms it then - it was just undocumented to the point where I went through 2 Google engineers that didn't even know I guess they need to sort out the admin panel to allow OU's to accept external meets instead of a blanket block Meanwhile the governors just ended up using Zoom.
  9. This is terrifying https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-israel-mask/mask-in-a-restaurant-this-one-can-gobble-like-pac-man-idUKKBN22U200
  10. Tried creating a meet using your personal GMail account and inviting your GAFE account ? I know it works from GAFE inviting personal GMail.
  11. Well it's yellow with black stripes so close
  12. Went into school today, there's tape everywhere
  13. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/19/only-5-of-teachers-think-it-safe-to-reopen-english-schools-poll-shows
  14. Through gmail or meet.google.com, GAFE can create a meeting and private GMail can join but not the other way round
  15. Weird that they allow hangouts, a recent issue with meet I had (Can't join GMail meets from a GAFE account) was met with this from google support :-
  16. After a few days of working with Google I got this response :- So you can't apparently join External Gmail meets from GAFE accounts
  17. Stay alert, the world needs more lerts Been called back in this Thursday \ Friday - press 'F'
  18. https://twitter.com/chantal_oiseau/status/1262143517301882880
  19. It does all need merging into one with a specific education version , more confusion to follow with the update to the admin panel too Nice person at Google asked me to change a setting in my admin control panel and the setting was missing - they are still looking into my issue It's typical it's a governor , they don't want to use a school supplied account and want to use a personal email address. Normally I doubt there would be a need for a private gmail account to set up a meet with a Gsuite account I guess. meet.google.com is a new thing for private accounts
  20. Yes, this is where the confusion lies, hangouts works, meet doesn't https://hangouts.google.com/ works https://meet.google.com/ doesn't Too many products
  21. Been having a chat with Google this morning over this and they don't know why - nor can help with private gmail accounts. Has anyone got a private Gmail address they can send a meet request to their GAFE account and see if it works ?
  22. Must be missing something but If I set up a meet from my non school email address on gmail and invite my school email address I get the message "you aren't allowed to join this video call" when the school address tries to join - Must be a setting somewhere Is it to do with Hangouts chat being turned off for the domain ? trying it now - so confusing all these products with the same name!
  23. I've suggested getting staff a Chromebook, in the possible second wave they would come into their own. Problem is cost (and maybe getting a hold of them) Those keyboard covers sound good, but what about mice ?
  24. The AR stuff on those new ones looks handy not had the chance to try it though
  25. Just picked up an email saying the Internet was down at the school, about 4:00pm - seems to be okay now, were there any issues ?
×
×
  • Create New...