-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
Cisco Meraki - 802.11 Disassociation - Unknown Reason
RobD replied to CallMeMonks's topic in Wireless Networks
Are you near any radar? Planes or airport etc? Could be a DFS event so the channels are changing? -
I've used a cisco Hyperflex system. It works and does what it says on the tin, IOPS are low etc etc. My issue is we're constantly harassing support about one thing or another and the update process (firmware, esx and hx) was overly complicated.
-
Is the client stationary when it degrades? My guess would be interference from something between you and the AP. You could monitor the RSSI and the SNR with something like WinFi, when the signal drops does the SNR decrease? Ideally, you want to aim for a higher SNR. Above 20 dB is good SNR. Yesterday in fact my friend had the same issue, his wife was walking through the house setting off his alarm motion detectors which in turn made his wifi unusable. He turned off the motion detecors and pollers and bobs your uncle. Failing that I've seen Microwaves, strip lights and radar cause issues.
-
It can be difficult working with power, if you set it too high the SSID may broadcast further but the device might not have a sufficient antenna to broadcast back. Another issue is if the power is too high then you're at risk of CCI and ACI which can have a negative affect on your devices. I'm not familiar with the power levels on unifi but I'd set them to half and check the farthest classroom, use something CloudCheck on a mobile or iperf or jperf on laptop to test speed from client to server.
-
Will Access Points ever need two data points?
RobD replied to kennysarmy's topic in Wireless Networks
No wonder you had poor performance with 80Mhz wide channels with 180 clients, unless you have a specific reason or a lot of direction antenna? -
Will Access Points ever need two data points?
RobD replied to kennysarmy's topic in Wireless Networks
I'd be interested to know what channel width you were using? I agree with this (and this), wireless designs are so important in high density environments. -
hitting a snag when looking at removing hybrid exchange
RobD replied to KK20's topic in Cloud Services
I create AD user as standard then use Enable-RemoteMailbox i.e. Enable-RemoteMailbox -Identity %USERNAME% -remoteroutingaddress %USERNAME%@YOUR_SITE.mail.onmicrosoft.com https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/enable-remotemailbox?view=exchange-ps -
I like to check here too:
-
Rackspace are doing something free at the moment: https://www.rackspace.com/en-gb/email-hosting/migrations
-
Not a School but have used McAfee Web Proxy and Cisco Umbrella for client filtering. Both are pretty good.
-
I'd be tempted to stick a mail client on your server and just test that works first.
-
Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Sant Hapus (My wife had to tell me how to pronounce this as my Welsh is terrible)
-
This is what we do, the only issue is when a user runs out of space (all 1TB of it), they're unable to delete anything.
-
Double check the domain controller is replicating the good as it should: https://bohemiangrove.co.uk/domain-controller-sysvol-and-group-polices/ Failing that try and clear the local gpo cache on the machine: https://bohemiangrove.co.uk/clear-group-policy-cache/
- 5 replies
-
- domain
- group policy
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Boom, awesome!
-
This may or may not help but I did some Azure training recently: I used these resources which I can recommend: AZ-900: https://www.udemy.com/course/microsoft-azure-fundamentals-training-bootcamp/ AZ-104: https://www.udemy.com/course/70533-azure/ These labs using the free credit for new accounts from MS: AZ-900: https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/AZ-900T0x-MicrosoftAzureFundamentals az-104: https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/AZ-104-MicrosoftAzureAdministrator Then these practise exams: AZ-900: https://www.whizlabs.com/microsoft-azure-certification-az-900/ AZ-104: https://www.whizlabs.com/microsoft-azure-certification-az-104/
-
Hello, For the wireless side of things, you need to match SSID to the QoS profile to what you need. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/quality_of_service.html So for example, if you setup a video ssid and set that as gold then the traffic will automatically get dscp 34 (AF41), if that doesn't match on the switch then it will be re-classified again. We use autoqos for all our cisco switches: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-0_2_EX/qos/configuration_guide/b_qos_152ex_2960-x_cg/b_qos_152ex_2960-x_cg_chapter_011.html Worth remembering that QoS potentially only applies internally (so great for p2p), once it hits a router on the internet, all markings could be ignored. While we were running video conferencing internally it used to make a big difference for conference calls etc, then when we moved to teams it made no difference at all. We just increased our internet lines.
-
Patch management software - what do you use?
RobD replied to Kitkatninja's topic in Enterprise Software
I use WSUS together with GPOs to auto patch around 500 servers a month. I've split them into three groups, early adopter which get the updates immediately and the two more group which get the patches 15 days and 30 days later. -
Check DFSR and the sysvol. DFSR For /f %i IN ('dsquery server -o rdn') do @echo %i && @wmic /node:"%i" /namespace:\\root\microsoftdfs path dfsrreplicatedfolderinfo WHERE replicatedfoldername='SYSVOL share' get replicationgroupname,replicatedfoldername,state The "state" values can be any of the following: 0 = Uninitialized 1 = Initialized 2 = Initial Sync 3 = Auto Recovery 4 = Normal 5 = In Error Sysvol: For /f %i IN ('dsquery server -o rdn') do @echo %i && @(net view \\%i | find "SYSVOL") & echo
-
Depending on which one you get they have a probe like direct access i.e. are you on the network? Yes, then disable proxy. Or just use the client proxy permanently (DNS filtering) i.e. get rid of the server based proxy.
-
We had the same issue so split them out to use their own internet and installed a client proxy (Cisco umbrella) so they couldn't look at unsuitable websites.
-
Congratulation, best move I ever made leaving education. In the last 5 years, I've had incremental pay increases and travelled the world. On my first day in a School, a Science teacher stood in front of me and waged her finger at me and told me it was a disgrace her smart board was broken (at this stage I didn't know what a smart board was). People are people, you get the good and the bad where ever you work.
-
I use a wordpress site on krystal for £60 a year. As soon as they become more expensive than Azure I'll jump ship.
-
They help with my kids who only seem to have one volume....at 6am #homelearningsucks
-
[2004, 20h2] direct access stops working after clients upgrade to 20h2
RobD replied to chazzy2501's topic in Windows 10
I lost all my machine certs after an upgrade. Had to pull them down again. No errors on the server or the client?? Can you ping the server from outside the domain? https://directaccess.richardhicks.com/2018/03/15/directaccess-troubleshooting-windows-10-network-connectivity-assistant/
