Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

RobD

Members
  • Posts

    678
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobD

  1. Quite jealous, I want a cable tester.
  2. RobD

    CCNA kit

    I bought a router and a switch that I've never used so cant vouch for it as I used packet tracer and GNS but I could sell you it?
  3. RobD

    CCNA kit

    I bought a router and a switch that I've never used so cant vouch for it as I used packet tracer and GNS but I could sell you it?
  4. To auto add http://HTTP://www and .com to a browser address bar type something then hold down "Ctrl" and hit "Enter"
  5. It all depends on upload and download between hops. I.e. if you run a trace route to the location it should show how long each hop takes in MS.
  6. Pensions are incredably important but would you stick with a job that made you misserable for a lifetime just for the pension?? I'm in the private sector and have moved around quite a bit in the last 6 years and my pension has ranged from 3% to 6% employer pay in.
  7. You could try to re-index the search: Open up the Exchange Management Shell navigate to %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts and then run the following command: .\ResetSearchIndex.ps1 -force -all
  8. This guy is great, have no doubt he'd do site visits etc: Colour Shack
  9. RobD

    OnePlus 3

    The OnePlus 3 is no longer available just the 3T so looks like I'll have to spend the extra.
  10. RobD

    Websites!

    You may of had enough quotes but my friend has recently started web development (he's very good and he's not far from Birmingham). www.colourshack.co.uk
  11. This any help??
  12. RobD

    OnePlus 3

    Maths fail, my bad.
  13. RobD

    OnePlus 3

    I cant decide if the 3T is worth the £80 extra? I need a new phone soon (although I still love my Nexus 5) but just £80 is quite a lot.
  14. You could try and repair it or just demote it setup a new one. Esentutl /p c:\windows\ntds\ntds.dit
  15. You could remove the AD users then remove the home drives using this (presuming the home drives match the usernames): https://community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/2000-clean-home-folders-not-matching-active-directory-accounts
  16. Used to use SonicWall to bandwidth throttle for certain subnets in the day (i.e. boarding houses were on a separate vlan) and used to use Lightspeed to limit access to the internet. Worked really well.
  17. Hi, Sorry dont have much for you but the NPAPI thing has been an issue for a while, there' a few possible fixes below you could try: Chrome & Citrix issue | Tech Blog
  18. Thanks altecsole, was really useful. Yes it seems to be working as it should, is there anything I should do to run it on the package??
  19. Hi, Need some help with copying files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Desktop\ with SCCM but before I do that I need to kill a process. Soooo I created a batch file: REM Check if a file exists? If not then install the new version, if it does then exit. if exist "c:\program files (x86)\Desktop\New_Version.flag" goto :EXIT ELSE goto :RUN :RUN taskkill /im Desktop.exe echo DesktopInfo.exe was killed xcopy /s \\Domain.net\sccm$\Source\Desktop_R3\*.* "C:\Program Files (x86)\Desktop\" /Y start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Desktop\Desktop.exe" end :EXIT end I then created a package and pushed it out but it fails, I was about to start going through the logs but I thought I'd ask here if I was actually doing this correctly as I'm totally new to SCCM. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
  20. Probably need to re-index Exchange from "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts". .\ResetSearchIndex.ps1 -force -all
  21. So this isnt a conversation about Parents getting Engaged? (sorry I'll get my coat). I've used FireFly before which was very good.
  22. I'd wait for a job offer, its all part of the negotiation when offered the job. "Is there any negotiation in pay or holidays?"
  23. We had "The Throne Room" by John William (we had quite a lot of star wars out our wedding).
  24. RobD

    Battlefield 5

    I quite like it, game play and look and feel is great but I'm not fused on the oldy worldy theme.
  25. I bought this one a few days ago from OC and its awesome!
×
×
  • Create New...