Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

RobD

Members
  • Posts

    678
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobD

  1. Could you post it somewhere and block printing from a CSS?? I know it doesn't stop the repeated point of taking a photo but could be something? Or.......Print it off and make people read it in front of you.
  2. Black Timberland boots for me from the outlet store in Bridgend. Soooo comfy, will defiantly buy another pair, my only grip is they're a pain to get off when I dont have a shoe horn.
  3. You'll probably need to classify the site as a safe zone in GPO: Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel/Security Page/Site to Zone Assignment List User Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel/Security Page/Site to Zone Assignment List Or reg setting: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\companyname.lan\file DWORD 1 (For Local intranet zone)
  4. On and Off I have to travel for work, I love hearing my kids shout "Daddys home" as I walk through the door.
  5. Double check the clock on the PC, if its off then that can cause issues.
  6. I agree with what everyone else says here but at the same time imagine someone moaning their email is broken and just shrugging and saying "speak to google".
  7. I'm celebrating in Wales today but without Welsh Cakes..might have to make some.
  8. You need to: On the Edge: Create vlan 50 Untag vlan 50 on port 3. tag vlan 50 on the uplink trunk to the core, On the Core: Create vlan with a interface IP tag vlan 50 on the downlink trunk to the edge. Add a IP helper to the DHCP (if needed) and use the vlan 50 IP as the gateway, Think thats it from the top of my head. Edit: Sorry just read the post by @Techforyou and he's already said all this.
  9. Just the core and the edge, when you contact an IP in a vlan so long as the route is on the core switch it should be able to route to it.
  10. Can I see too please?
  11. I followed this guide: 365 – Shared Mailbox on a mobile device | Tech Blog
  12. When you setup a cluster it creates a new AD object and associates DNS to it etc etc. My guess is that's not happening here, either your account doesnt have permission or it maybe the server objects themselves need permission to create another......
  13. You configure it for the cluster i.e. adds as a role so only need to do it once and when the updates run it will make sure each node is up before proceeding.
  14. How are you backing it up? To an encrypted tape?
  15. Setup a laptop with that ip on that port and see if you can route to the server.
  16. Your Sysvol replicating as it should? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2218556/how-to-force-an-authoritative-and-non-authoritative-synchronization-fo
  17. I agree: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2147929
  18. RobD

    Ghost Stories

    I thought it looked like a bat.
  19. Try downloading an app like GPS Status & Toolbox to clear your GPS data and to start connecting to satellites from scratch
  20. Just to add to what @Duke5A said what speeds are your clients getting and what can they potentially get i.e. do they have AC cards in and is AC supported on the APs? Also on the 2500 wireless controllers you can set QoS polices, if you can on the 4400s then maybe create a new SSID, set it and compare.
  21. 1) Battlefield one (admittedly the only game I've played).
  22. Yep, DA is going although they've not said it officially yet. I love DA (we use it a lot) but this looks a decent replacement.
  23. Once you've worked out the connection you could use Always on VPN from MS: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wsnetdoc/2017/07/10/deploy-always-on-vpn-with-windows-10-clients-and-windows-server-2016/ I've not deployed the new version but I've heard you can use app based policies, where a list of applications can be marked such that only traffic originating from these apps is allowed to go over the VPN interface. Also its works on none entrerpise versions of windows 10 but Remote client computers must be running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607) or later operating system, and must be joined to your Active Directory domain.
  24. What if you pushed it via PDQ deploy or similar?
  25. 49" Samsung TV, its beautiful.
×
×
  • Create New...