brewerd
Members-
Posts
57 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by brewerd
-
We have looked into a few different bits of software: - Windows Live Movie Maker (quick and simple - doesn't like network shares) - VLMC (VideoLans free offering (lacks certain features but works well) - Lightworks (Great program for editors but has a steep learning curve) - Cheapest reliable product is probable premiere elements.
-
We currently run 2 Hosts with a 16TB SAN and D2D2T which run our 6(maybe 8) main virtual servers. We also used some old physical servers to make a couple of extra hosts - one to run some of our ancillary systems (ClickView, Spiceworks etc...) and another as a kind of development box. There are a number of advantages for going virtual - the mains being power, space and hardware savings as well as the manageability, administration and availability during and after major issues.
-
I had to go through a kind of iMovie crash course recently as I had never used the latest versions and I can see why your guy is having issues. Most of the options for editing things are hidden above the video preview, clicking adjust will show them - theres a set of buttons for editing length of clips/transitions, cropping or resizing the video, adjusting the sound and colour correction/balance My advice is watch a couple of youtube videos on how to use the program for basic editing. It should take less than an hour to get to grips with the basic functionality of it as most of the time this is all that is required and then he can just learn the rest of the functionality as he goes. There is always the option of using open source video editors like VLC Movie Creator, Lightworks etc... that may or may not be more intuitive.
-
Facilities Management/room booking/online payments
brewerd replied to wesleyw's topic in How do you do....it?
That is a lot of specific requirements for one piece of software. I would look into integrating things like parentpay, schoolbookings.com, you school MIS and possibly your VLE to house the parent/student side of things. I'm sure you could make it work with a bit of research. Happy hunting. -
I know, I haven't personally used the ipod version as someone here just bought the full blown camera and sent it our way to setup.
-
Iris connect discovery kit is the ipod driven package from Iris. It uses one or two ipods to record teacher observations and upload them to the secure iris connect website. Setup should be fairly straightforward. You'll need to create accounts for the teachers on the Iris website and there is a guide on there as to how to setup and record an observation. We have one of the Live View Advanced cameras and it is pretty easy to manage.
-
We have a similar issue with some of our RM machines, our fix was to flash the BIOS for the latest version and then replace the power supply, as there is a fault with some intel BIOSes that interfere with power up cycles and can knacker power supplies and cause the intermittent power on issues. I'd say its worth trying on a couple of your problem machines. If you can't get them on to flash the BIOS unplug all USB cables reset the power and try again, as this has also helped me turn on trouble machines in the past.
-
We use Bizhub (KM) machines leased from a local company. They are good sturdy printers, run just as well as the sharp machines we have. Easy to install and maintain too.
-
Hi all, I have a job logged about this already, but I am just scouring the web for more info. Has anyone deployed Adobe Creative Suite 4 (ours is production premium) on an RM CC4 network? Specifically to win 7 64-Bit machines? We have the package (imported from CC3) which is working for XP machines, and standard windows 7 machines. However when you deploy it to a 64Bit 7 client photoshop is missing. I cannot get photoshop 64Bit to package, using the payloads from the discs, or a direct download from Adobe (as it wouldn't accept our serial no) and without RM App Wizard I am at a loss as to how to move forward. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
-
how are your macs bound to AD? what server version are you using?
-
We use Emerge for our PE staff to take registers on iPods, haven't heard of a desktop version. As Rozzer said running an RDP session is a great way of accessing sims on a mac. It's the method i use day to day.
-
I can second schoolradio.co.uk, we have one of their mobile studio setups and it is a brilliant piece of kit, and came with a good training session.
-
I've ran numerous tests and scripts trying to bring it to life and discover its problems. Found out that 2 of the drives were more bad sectors than good, and that one of the memory sticks was having issues, got all that sorted and it still wouldn't play ball. Haven't tried it minus the DVD though. Could try that. Cheers.
- 15 replies
-
- 24-7
- click view
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
They sent me an image to use to reinstall my system too, but neither me nor their support guy could make it work. I did a manual re-install of everything instead and had them dial in to check settings and do the final setup and the darn thing just kept falling over. We finally got it working for about a day, and then it just stopped recording channels. I think the only way to solve my issues at the moment is a different machine.
- 15 replies
-
- 24-7
- click view
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Not really, I am in the process of attempting to rebuild our 24/7 box (by the sound of it you have the same one as us) and if that fails again I am just going to create my own.
- 15 replies
-
- 24-7
- click view
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Mine is a ClickView built (4 years ago) box. I have talked to support and If i build my own they won't support me if i have issues, but I cannot afford to buy a newer box or have the one I have refurbed, so looks like i should get comfy between my rock and the hard place. At least for now.
- 15 replies
-
- 24-7
- click view
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I definitely will, I just wanted to take a bit of a census first.
- 15 replies
-
- 24-7
- click view
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
- 15 replies
-
- 24-7
- click view
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Does it still have to be XP Media Centre Edition?
- 15 replies
-
- 24-7
- click view
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi all, I've been having issues with our 24-7 server (It's one of the original ClickView Models) and was thinking of making a new box for it to reside on, just wanted to know what setups people are running elsewhere, whether they are clickview boxes or something that you have built. Machine spec and O/S info would be great, and if anyones had issues with building their own box. Cheers.
- 15 replies
-
- 24-7
- click view
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
you could try KRCS, I know they do apple repairs, and work with schools alot.
-
Tasks not deleting in the RMMC (CC4)
brewerd replied to gmj's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Okay, Thanks. I will try and remember where i left my patience. -
Tasks not deleting in the RMMC (CC4)
brewerd replied to gmj's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I am having a similar issue with 'hung' tasks for installing/uninstalling from a virtual machine. Did your jobs clear themselves eventually?
