Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

skell

Members
  • Posts

    585
  • Joined

Everything posted by skell

  1. skell

    Year end

    Thanks everyone for your input. I went to my LM and explained the situation. Long story short, we're getting someone in from the LA to assist us, and the admin tasks are going to be spread around to actual admin staff. @CAM: I started to create the NAY yesterday, but it failed when I tried to start the new year from the 6 July. Apparently the current year runs to 22 July in SIMS. Joy...
  2. skell

    Year end

    That's the problem - the school doesn't have a data manager... I don't think it should be me really either, but that's beside the point. Thanks for your support @CAM. I suppose I'll just have to muddle through... Although I'm more annoyed than nervous at the moment.
  3. Hi all I've been assigned to roll over the year in SIMS. I've never done this before, and I don't know enough about the timetable and such to do this on my own. The previous NM did the year end so its been lumped onto me to perform it. Does anyone have any guidance about the information / staff I need to involve in order to get this done? I've downloaded the year end docs from Capita but it's not as helpful as I'd hoped. Thanks!
  4. skell

    Ergo & Very PC

    +1 VeryPC
  5. Haven't got that far yet! It's fun to match server to names though.
  6. Marvel and DC superheroes here...
  7. I followed this guide when I did ours. http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2010-to-exchange-2013-migration/
  8. Seconded.
  9. Hi all Trying to renew our FS cert and can't find a decent guide on how to generate a CSR with a private key. Anyone know? Thanks!
  10. Hi @mjk I'm trying to achieve something similar with our Meru and SmoothWall, without the complication of a second SmoothWall, but failing to get my head round it. Have you got any pointers?
  11. We use Lansweeper. It even picks the serial numbers off the monitors connected to the PC's... £600 for the year.
  12. The Default Web Site should be 1. Mine was ID 2 which was causing issues.
  13. Whats the Default Website id on IIS?
  14. Try this, and let us know the results https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/ConfigMgr-2012-R2-e52919cd
  15. Have a look at the port settings on the switch and see if there are any energy settings enabled. On Cisco switches, for some devices you have to disable these types of settings for them to connect successfully.
  16. You would probably need to change their UPN suffix in AD from domain.local to domain.com.
  17. Hi guys Just for clarification, this update will upgrade the clients... again... yes? Cheers skell
  18. I gave up with SSO in the end and just enabled forms auth. I don't think the clients are passing the kerberos token properly.
  19. Hi guys I've recently inherited an Office 365 setup. I'm not too familiar with it, but I've managed to sync the users up and remove ones that shouldn't be there. External access seems to be OK from from with the school, either domained or undomained PC, I get this error message There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again. If the problem persists, contact the administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem. Underneath comes a random reference number which links to nothing. Anyone any ideas / thoughts? The infuriating thing is that it sometimes does work, but its very hit and miss. Thanks!
  20. I've heard good things about Serif WebPlus X7. What about using that as an alternative?
  21. Write a Disaster Recovery Plan and scare the bejebus out of them when you state in the event of fire / flood / etc you wouldn't be able to restore their data
  22. Add these lines to your wp-config file. define('WP_PROXY_HOST', 'IP'); define('WP_PROXY_PORT', 'PORT');
  23. We use laptops with Ubuntu installed. Everything stripped out apart from gEdit.
  24. Is the time off on them?
  25. No problem Here's the link for 11.4 https://smarttech.com/gb/Support/Browse+Support/Download+Admin+Software/Software/SMART+Notebook+collaborative+learning+software/Previous+versions/SMART+Notebook+11_4+Win+admin
×
×
  • Create New...