-
Posts
46 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dsquared2
-
Hi all, SLT would like students only to be able to email teachers and not other students, we are running exchange 2003. Does anyone have any ideas the best way or if this could be done? Any help would be appreciated, thank you
-
Webmail won't work, unless you put the domain name in!
dsquared2 replied to dsquared2's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Thanks you Sukh, I have a look and it all looks fine. On a machine outside of the network is when you enter your log in details on the webmail on our website it re-shows the log box again, as if your got your log on wrong, then next the time it copmes up in the log on box it say's the 'local machines name\user name' so you have to change the local machine name to our domain name and then it will work. Could anyone help and tell me why is it defaulting to the users local machine name? Thank you- 5 replies
-
- exchange 2003
- owa
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi all, Last week webmail wouldn't let users log in, after abit of investergation I worked out if you typed in 'domain\username' into the log in box it would let users log in. We are on Server 2003 and exchange 2003. Has one got any ideas why it would start to do this?? Thank you dsquared2
- 5 replies
-
- exchange 2003
- owa
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi all, I have been looking at a electronic booking system for booking our computer rooms. I found one for £300 but the headmaster doesn’t want to spend any money and has asked if there is a way of doing it for free? Is there any open source options? We run our website on joomla is there any add on maybe? We run a 2 week timetable. Thanks Dsquared2
-
Hi All, I have installed Pinnacle 14 in one of our computer rooms but when I tested it there is a problem when trying to import video clips, it just freezes and all you can do is end the program in task manager. I rang Pinnacle support and they said it is because on our network we redirect My Documents to the pupil’s user spaces and Pinnacle needs to be My Documents on the C drive. But they had no solution for me! Has anyone else come across this problem or got any ideas how I could get round this? Thank you Dsquared2
-
Has anyone got anything to add about V3 now its been out abit longer?? Cheers
-
A local school has just started putting at the end of there emails 'It is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses'. If you receive a email, legally who is liable for the virus? The sender for sending the virus or the receiver for not scanning it? Is this something my schools should look into doing? Cheers Dsquared2
-
Hi all, Sorry this is a really simple answer, the data manager is off work and i have staff needing password resets on SIMS but i dont know how??!! Can anyone help please?? Thank you
-
Memory leak, reinstall server 2003?
dsquared2 replied to dsquared2's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
I've been able to pin it down to my anti virus (McAfee) that is coursing the memory leak and then making the server crash. -
I'm a new network manager at a school and two of our servers have a memory leak!!!! I've been looking how to sort it and finding it very difficult; would a reinstall of Server 2003 solve the problem as a very last resort?
-
We use SIMS.NET as our MIS so we use students enrollment number e.g 008995 as there user name and for staff just there surname e.g smith
-
Right guys i've tested it. Even tho it does say that by default in GPO that only Admins and Power users on a workstation can change the date and time my pupils could aswell. So i've enabled 'Change the system time and properties' and added Admins in. This has stoped kids being able to change the time and only allows admins (even tho it should do this my default anyway??!!!) Thanks dsquared2
-
Your right only local admins should be able to change date and time but my pupils can and they are not local admins, i will have to look into this because something is not right there!!! I have added my students group to this policy in GPO and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your help
-
How messy is your IT Room? or Server Room
dsquared2 replied to stevenlong1985's topic in How do you do....it?
Mine is a mess but as soon as i tidy it people notice and say i have to much time on my hands to tidy it!!!!!! -
Hi, I have the clock in the system tray for pupils and they have access to change the date and time, so they change it and then the next pupil would comes along to log in cant because the time and date doesn’t match the server!!!! Very frustrating getting called out to log in as a local admin to change the date and time and as kids do they have all caught onto this!!!! Any ideas please??? Something in GPO would be great if somebody knows!!! Cheers
-
When I do SIMS upgrade i go round every workstation and log on and let it update anyway or I get teachers moan at the time it has wasted. Maybe you will have to go round every workstation!!!
-
Hi, I get alot of teachers after school holidays asking me if i've had a nice break and i've spent all holidays setting up new stuff only for them not to notice!!! I was just woundering do other IT staff send out newsletters or anything else?? Thanks
-
I tried pinging it and there is no interrutions, thank you for your reply pantscat. Internal emails on outlook are not affected, that funcutions fine, it only affects webmail internally and extenally.
-
Hi all, I have a exchange server with OWA set up that works fine most of the time but every so often it wont work internally or externally. For the last few months i have reset server and this sorts the problem. I have checked all the services and they are running! If i go to http:/myservername/exchange on the server i get 'Page cant be displayed' like all the other users. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks
