-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Ok so this is fake, but we know just how close to reality this really is. Some poor IT guy is forced to pause his Halo game in order to deal with a bunch of dumb employees who are absolute morons. Voices have been altered to protect identities, it's not a company of elves. IT Guy Vs Dumb EmployeesVideo
-
Huge budget cuts here due to falling role, my job is a little shaky.
-
With my wife I don't get no respect. I made a toast on her birthday to 'the best woman a man ever had.' The waiter joined me. Last week I told my psychiatrist, "I keep thinking about suicide." He told me from now on I have to pay in advance. I was making love to this girl and she started crying. I said, "Are you going to hate yourself in the morning?" She said, "No, I hate myself now." When I was born the doctor took one look at my face, turned me over and said, "Look, twins!" I was such an ugly kid. When I played in the sandbox the cat kept covering me up. Rodney Dangerfield RIP.
-
Promethean? Just remember to look into what projector they are supplying, I would go with buying your own. Sanyo do a plc-xw55a for around £400 with a 3 year warranty including bulbs and insight are giving away 7MP cameras too.
-
Is true, the password is held in a separate flash memory space. deliberately hard to get at or change though there were tools to be able to read this space available a few years ago. Though we had a hell of a time trying to unlock it.
-
How valuable is the data? try plugging it into a usb to ide adapter to see if your PC will pick it up, else you are looking at some serious money (£300 upwards) to get the data off of it.
-
Working on files from their my documents folder held on the server? Big Video files? Can you see where I am going here? have a look at your network load on your server to see if its getting swamped. We are looking at doing some DV stuff here, and I think I am going to be ending up making a scratch partition just for video editing. Though this is not without problems.
-
All i do is have a shortcut on the desktop pointing at http://ict-tech/login I have changed the icon to something that makes sense to teachers and they happily ignore the system completely. They come to me, I create the ticket
-
I always grab my icons from here Icon Archive - 18,400+ free icons, buddy icons, xp icons, vista icons, desktop icons, aim icons I have various software with dilbert characters as their icon, no one has cottoned on yet, especially Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light.
-
I always grab my icons from here Icon Archive - 18,400+ free icons, buddy icons, xp icons, vista icons, desktop icons, aim icons I have various software with dilbert characters as their icon, no one has cottoned on yet, especially Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light.
-
Use the HP boot drive utility and a usb drive.
-
I would go with the idea that you have exceeded the download limit, if you go over on three the charges can be very expensive.
-
Agreed, I am using logmein at the moment, sitting at home using my school pc to post this (novelty still not worn off). Gotomypc is faster, better looking and more feature packed, however logmein is free and it still works. Works well enough. School would pay the £100 per year but I woulds rather spend it on a bigger monitor.
-
For a long while you have been able to copy to the clipboard text from an unprotected pdf file.
-
Cheap economic mono laser for home - any recommendations?
ICT_GUY replied to Ben_Stanton's topic in Hardware
I keep saying it, IJT will do 4 toners and a brand new HP1022 for £100. -
PSU is a prime suspect. Also run memtest x86 that will spot bad ram, leave it running over night.
-
Server is unable to allocate memory from the system paged pool Reads as a bad driver though, I reckon it would be worth checking for updates for all your mobo and network drivers, especially if you used the ones that came on the system CD. Aslo can you post the specs of the server? Memory CPU ect.
-
Yes! It's the Knight Rider satnav! | Register Hardware The days when Michael Knight tore across the US in KITT are long gone, but Mio is keeping the memory alive with a Knight Rider inspired satnav. Knight_Rider_GPS_01 Mio's Knight Rider satnav uses the car's original 'voice'. Images courtesy of Auto Blog According to a report by car news website Autoblog.com, Mio has designed a Knight Industries Two Thousand-themed GPS unit that, of course, speaks all navigation instructions using the voice of William Daniels – the voice behind KITT. Perhaps that means every user will have to be called Michael by default though? The satnav’s body is piano black to echo the colour of the show’s 1982 Pontiac Trans Am. The unit also features dual Anamorphic Equalizers, aka the red search bar integrated into KITT’s front.
-
This technology has been around for years, but has never taken off. A shocking lack of foresight really, networking could do with a jolt from a few bright sparks but there's always resistance to new technology.
-
Did no one watch the mythbusters trying to ignite petrol vapour with mobiles and cigarettes? Highly Improbable is their conclusion, also their results for mobiles. MythBusters Episode 2: "Cell Phone Destruction, Silicone Breasts, CD-ROM Shattering" MythBusters Special 7: "Hollywood on Trial"
-
And the driver walked away without a scratch. Hmm he really earned his pay cheque that day
-
They are going to have their work cut out for them at our school, the new rack server weighs in at 27KGs + another 2 KGS for disks and is going to be bolted to the wall and lock up in a secure area. Oh right hot swap bays might make it easier to run off with them doh!
-
Its impossible to set petrol alight with a cigarette. Do you not watch Mythbusters? Matches and lighters are a different matter though.
-
How much data is considered sensitive? Not a hell of a lot I bet, even as far as the teachers stuff goes, 99% is crud in their user areas 1% might just be considered sensitive. The truly sensitive stuff is on the admin network. Besides, encrypting everything is going to cause extra hassle if ever anything ever goes mammary glands up.
