-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Never thought of doing nads with vats, Ive not been using them cause they are so hard to throw! DOH!
-
Thought that myself, will run memtext x86 on it now.
-
Here is an odd one, my take is that there is a hardware fault with the disk controller but I would like your take on it. I have a laptop that came in with a corrupt HD. I used BartPE to run checkdisk, confirmed that it was fubar with a fair few bad sectors, so I swapped it out for a previously working HD from another Laptop that had died. It all booted up fine, joined it to the new domain, did the usual stuff with updates. After about 5 minutes it blue screened and on reboot came up with missing files errors. checkdisked it with BartPE and it came up with a huge amount of errors. So any ideas? The laptop looks to have been dropped at some point though not badly.
-
Which hack is that then? I would be very interested in such a thing.
-
Anyone know if the 10 user limit affects connections to xampp running on windows XP. my tech PC is hosting a temporary website that is going to get hit hard tomorrow by kids and staff, I'm just wondering if its worth putting it on a 2003 server (that I will have to build quickly) or if my tech PC will cope (dual core 2 gigs of ram win XP).
-
It has all sorts of awesome on the PC, my wife has not seen me in days. The perks are great, I cant wait for the mysterious stranger perk. The only thing I hate is the speed at which you walk, its set just a little too slow. But once you have visited an area you can travel there instantly which is nice.
-
can confirm this, my brother in law sent his off, paid his £65 fee got a brand new one back.
-
Oh I forgot, the basement of my house in Germany is haunted, not by a pleasant spirit either. When I sleep downstairs in the basement (now only ever with the light on I add) I often get woken up by a screaming in my ear, Its loud and very real but goes away when I open my eyes. the medical explanation is auditory hallucination, but Ill tell you this, its as real as you can possibly imagine and very loud and the second you close your eyes it happens again. This is enough to freak me out. It only happens in the one place. I have never had it happen anywhere else.
-
Aslo the prison in London I used to work at was built on an old insane asylum, yes it was haunted, When will they ever learn?
-
run baby girl, Smells like rabbit! From the devils rejects.
-
Our house is, Phantom footsteps, odd noises, stuff switching on and off by itself. About 5 days ago my wife discovered a pair of hidden draws in the cupboard that we inherited from the previous owner (who died 10 years ago and was a close friend of the family) It was full of photos, silverware and odd knick knacks. My wife had a good look through it before putting it back (strong feeling that removing the stuff would not be the best thing to do). The next evening I in the bathroom upstairs, I had placed a full container of salt on top of the toilet seat (long story), I left the room and was talking to my wife outside of the bathroom, when we heard the container fall over. Nothing odd about that apart from it being a good 30 seconds from when I placed it squarely on the seat, and the container acts like a sand bag and it is impossible for it to wobble. I have also heard footsteps come down the stairs and walk out to the kitchen when I have been alone in the house. There has also always been a strong feeling of being watched from the back room. We keep our heads down on all hallows eve.
-
Agreed, wossy is the best thing on radio 2 at the weekend. But then again no one is allowed to cause any offence to anyone any more. This makes me sad, as there is nothing more cathartic than really offending people you don't like.
-
Its not worth turning up for less than £50, My call out fee for any job at the moment is £30 + £20 per hour. That's me being very cheap, normal price is £50 to turn up. for you I would go with £60 first hour £30 - 40 for every hour after that. This way they will likely get you in and keep you as long as possible, this means more money for you.
- 16 replies
-
- consultancy
- hourly
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Xbox, pest control (though some people can get nervous of IT bods carrying guns around schools), gym workoputs x 3 hours per day. Make a fort out of monitors. Prank phone calls. Call tiscali technical support and make them hate you. brew your own beer, paint your office, make a spud gun, fly planes, fly helis, Spend hours on photo shop, build a plane from scratch, build a trex 250, watch LOTS of zombie movies, order in a different take away everyday. I would / have done all of the above in work time for various employers.
-
I have heard of various people having problems with the aspire 1, no fixes for the eepc because it works? I'm kind of thinking that a super small xp laptop would be quite fun. The linux one was ok but the 800 x 600 didn't make me love it.
-
They do 10 for £100, this is a permanent offer that they keep quiet about.
-
dabs.com - Asustek EEE PC 900 1GB 16G SSD Linux White (EEEPC900-WF001) £200 and able to have xp pro installed? Anyone installed XP pro or know of idiots guide? I was thinking of actually buying one for myself, though might splash out on a real laptop instead.
-
Create a coms relay blimp and station it 5 miles up, advantage being that you can smite your enemies with well aimed armour piecing tungsten carbide rods of death. though at low altitude they will not reach hyper velocities, then again most lusers lack suitable ballistics armour anyway.
-
GoCoding.Com - PeToUSB - Boot BartPE From USB petousb, works well.
-
[closed] bug/error: GCHQ Advert Problem
ICT_GUY replied to Butuz's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
Its caused by GCHQ downloading your thoughts, looking for deviants. -
AHAAHA! You can buy 2.5 inch adapters that either use 2 x usb cables or a usb and a ps2 connector! I have one, and it works> :0
-
they are up to service pack 1 already. They are no where near as clunky as 2003. The 64bit version just zips along. Login times are down to 5 seconds, 10 on the older systems.The old 2003 server was 45seconds - 3 minutes. New servers = time to change the whole network. Completely new AD.
