Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

PeterW

Members
  • Posts

    767
  • Joined

Everything posted by PeterW

  1. Office ultimate 2007 for students Lets here your thoughts, if only it was this price for everybody I'm sure there would be a lot less piracy
  2. N95 is 950mAH N95 8GB is 1200mAH, I doubt Nokia will release a bigger battery for the original N95, there are some third party ones but I have heard its not worth the hasstle. The other option (I believe) is the US version N95 which is the original N95 but with the larger battery so you could still pack in a 32GB card when they become available.
  3. I was kind of joking 8GB should be fine, was trying to make my "Classic" N95 out to be better, if I had the choice I would go for the new one I was reading a forum and a blogger that had been invited to the launch event said "Bottom line with the N95 8GB black - Its so much better it hurts, its what the N95 should have been". Smart phones are such multifunctional devices these days and have practically killed off the PDA market. 8GB is loads but I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could fill it up with my music collection maps for the whole of europe, apps , email games and classic game roms, photos, videos. All depends on what you use your phone for.
  4. I have the N95 which I love to bits, I knew about the phone's short comings as I researched it heavily first. If you are after better battery life give it a few months and the new N95 8GB black should be here, its got a bigger battery, 8GB flash onboard (no expansion slot so when 32Gb cards come out at least my old N95 will be upgradable ) the silder is supposed to be alot more solid and the screen is a wee bit bigger.
  5. SBS is wizard based you shouldnt really have many problems on initial setup, there should be a setup guide on the MS site link I posted. Also check out the forum on smallbizserver.net that should give you some clues as to the kind of problems you may encounter.
  6. Microsoft small business server 2003 R2 is a good solution for this, you can find info here Microsoft Small Business Server Home Small Biz Server.net most versions include 5 cals and you can add cal packs starting from 5 user/device cals. You have remote web workplace and have the option of the premium version if you need sql 2005 workgroup and isa 2004. Have a good look at the sites I have posted above there is some usefull info there.
  7. PeterW

    New survey

    Really! what brand out of interest?
  8. Which lan controller is it exactly? (Or which Intel mainboard)?
  9. As already mentioned 17" 4:3 panels are in constraint and dell probably did not forcast enought stock. What you have to remember is that it is 4 weeks shipping plus any assembly time from the manufacturers to dell.
  10. That board does not have firewire, you would need a board with firewire to use that port on the front of your case thats why it is not connected.
  11. PeterW

    Here's a puzzler

    Hook up a spare HDD with a clean install of windows on it? This should confirm if its a software or hardware problem your looking at.
  12. PeterW

    Here's a puzzler

    When you say the screen is black is it that there is a black screen being displayed or is the monitor not receiving a signal?
  13. PeterW

    Nokia N800

    Do you just need a screen shot of whats on the N800 screen or do you actually need screen shots of the N800 display on a computer desktop?
  14. Does the bios have an option to set the SATA mode to Compatible or IDE instead of RAID? Make sure you have the latest BIOS also, VIA made some updates to thier SATA rom code over the last year.
  15. Yeah and if you have to phone to report a fault I'm sure the first thing the nice indian person will say is please restore the dell windows from your restore disc ! LOL
  16. As long as everything goes well GeeMore Technology LTD should be handling it.
  17. Indeed it was! So keep your old Atari & long live the evergreen Amiga!, (currently running as WinUAE on Windows or Monkey Island/Flight of the amazon queen/Beneath a steal sky running under ScummVM on my N95 )
  18. Not a bad little lost leader! But I always prefer to brew my own.
  19. Think I will stick to my Amiga thanks
  20. DaveP can you let us know the make/model of the mainboard and/or server? We may be able to help better if we have this info.
  21. Ok I'm in on the action!
  22. Unfortunatly its been on the cards for some time. Somebody might take it on though so things may get sorted over the next couple of days.
  23. Check the technical docs here this shows the location of the front panel headers and pin outs. Just to be sure there is not a problem with the power switch when you find the correct pins short them with a screw driver. Also with the new psu do you have all three power connections going to the board? Or just the 20 Pin atx and 4 Pin atx 12V? Good Luck!
  24. Thats the correct way to do it. OEMPNPDriversPath=\Drivers\NIC would mean you had all your nic driver(s) in that folder with no sub folders.
  25. 677Mhz is the maximum the chipset will run the ram at. I would just get another 2x 512MB 677Mhz ECC to take you upto 2GB. You will not really see any speed increase with the lower timings.
×
×
  • Create New...