Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

PeterW

Members
  • Posts

    767
  • Joined

Everything posted by PeterW

  1. Now I wish I had one of those. btw nice tower PC
  2. This should be your minimum really, don't get attracted to low end graphics cores with large memory its only on there because its cheap the card will have such a tiny bus it won't be able to push data round very fast at all.
  3. Ouch! how many do you have, what was the problem?
  4. That was actually a slightly different issue which as far as I'm aware is not related to the current issue, the problem we had with yours was a firmware issue relating to the drives being used with certain SAS controllers to this day there is still no mention of it on any Seagate support channel or knowledge base but you will find references at Adaptec 3ware etc like here for example Answer a bit naughty really. The current issue seems to affect drives manufactured in/around december 2008, we will of course be be monitoring the situation.
  5. Please explain??? I'm confused
  6. Lol http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3288/2611168004_c5f7d837f0.jpg?v=0
  7. Sorry its a bit unclear is it the Panasonic toughbook H1? H1 Rugged Mobile Clinical Device Specs - Official Panasonic Toughbook UMPCs If so it looks good
  8. A few people have questioned how the Pentium Dual Core E5200 performs compared to the last generation of CPUs, for reference it performs slightly faster than the now discontinued Core2 Duo E4600 while using less power and generating less heat. Hope this helps!
  9. Sahara I - Pentium Dual Core E5200 2GB DDR2 80GB DVD-Rom £205.00 (£15.00 reduction on normal price) RV80 Slim desktop & tower case with no holes in the top of the lid Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5Ghz 800FSB 45nm 2GB DDR2 Ram 80GB SATA300 Hard Drive DVD-Rom Drive Intel G31 Chipset with GMA3100 graphics 5.1 HD Audio Gigabit Lan No O/S 3 Year OS Warranty Pharaoh - Intel Dual Core E5200 2GB RAM DVD 80GB HDD 19" TFT £275.00 (upgraded from 17" Widescreen TFT to 19" 4:3 1280x1024 TFT) As above bundled with keyboard mouse and 19" 4:3 TFT Prices exclude VAT & delivery please call, email or PM for a customized quotation. http://www.sclonline.co.uk/uploads/stock/Pharoah-DB.jpg
  10. Maybe try another power supply if you have one handy.
  11. Is it an IDE drive or SATA, ahve you changed the cable also?
  12. It sounds like the hard drive might be faulty, can you plug it into a different computer to verify?
  13. Really thats surprising, were they the latest vista drivers from realtek here Realtek (I'm assuming its WinPE 2.0) That sounds right once WinPE loads it needs to plug and play all the devices and takes control of the lan connection loading an appropriate driver if one is available.
  14. I'm talking about the WinPE image that is being used to boot the system and connect to the network. For example you could mount the boot image with imagex and use peimg to inject the drivers into winpe.
  15. Looking again it looks like it uses a Realtek PCI Express gigabit lan controller so I'm now certain you need to update your image to the latest driver version.
  16. It sounds like you need to update the lan drivers in the Winpe image.
  17. This is nothing against your mates company nephilim its just a major bug bear of mine the way hosting companies advertise unlimited webspace/bandwidth etc, plenty of them do it but its just plain not true I mean how can you have unlimited webspace surely there is only a certain amount of storage on the planet at some piont you will hit a limit? Maybe its just me?
  18. Are these for teachers
  19. I would thin the deal is for all of Viglen, I'm not sure on the valuation I know Viglen had a really poor year so I think Stone will look to pay as little as possible.
  20. They were definatly in negotitations and I have heard from somebody that it is a done deal. Viglen are quite strong in storage it wouldn't suprise me if they Viglen brand becomes the storage/services arm of Stone. I can't seem to get onto the Viglen website at the moment I wonder if it is just a coincidence.
  21. I doubt they will drop the Viglen brand there nothing really wrong with it.
  22. Glad to hear its sorted enjoy your new servers
  23. standard or epic? http://www.themadhat.com/images/vader-fail.jpg
  24. PeterW

    Defrag Problem

    + for JKDefrag
  25. That must take away all the fun (but save you a hell of a lot of time:D).
×
×
  • Create New...