Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. I know, which is why I'm looking at 42u height, 1000mm depth, however I have the choice of 600mm wide and 800mm wide, is there any reason what so ever why I should consider the extra for the wide cabinet the millimeter measurements are external btw
  2. how does the width effect how deep a server can be?
  3. Does it matter what width the cabinet is? Are there any benefits to having an 800mm one over a 600m?
  4. ! Who owns Callum? How come he hasn't got bored yet? I thought kids these days had the attention span of ....oooo shiney red ball.
  5. EduGeek 2.0? /me fears a Facebook/Flikr for edunerds.
  6. The most annoying bit of it was waiting to see who the new advertiser was. Also how about increasing the font size of the sections? because now they are getting lost because of the adverts and I can't just scroll down and automatically see the forum I want. $0.02
  7. Is this in ref to the new windows forum sponsor?
  8. Get a proper Email Program with a learning Anti-Spam agent. Mozilla Thunderbird is free.
  9. you'd have to change the default/mandatory profile
  10. FYI: LFS is the worst idea evAr if you are doing it on a P2 233MHz machine (although that WAS 5-6years ago so you probably wouldn't even consider it now)
  11. ahh stolen the neighbours laptop whilst they are out and don't want them to know you've been playing with it when you give it back just before they get home.
  12. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
  13. just use the microsoft image resizer. select the pics in explorer, right click "resize" and pick your new size.
  14. Why am I a school ITTech? Someone I know phoned me up and said "Fancy a job? it'll be ~£17k for 42weeks/yr and basically money for old rope". Considering I'd just finished uni and had spent the summer sitting around doing SweetFA I said yes. I worked in industry before and during university, but that was as a consultant and programmer, which is far removed from what I do now, and this job is MUCH more enjoyable than programming (but pays nowhere near the same amount) Why am I still here? Mixture of lack of jobs in my area; I'm overqualified for the low end jobs (ie they think i won't stick around) and underexperianced for the more advanced jobs (ie they want someone who's doing what i've been doing now for 6+years) and the fact there is still alot of work to do and I'd like to get everything able to run with little support. I also enjoy the 'basically my own boss' thing. I could do without a 1hour each way drive though.
  15. I said Mainly UK, and he was offering a job that required a CCNP or CCVP in the US. I very much doubt someone who holds those qualifications will be working as an ITTech on <£25k I was just suggesting he's not get many responses here
  16. I'll take that as an excuse to go a kent LUG meeting.
  17. How dare you! Nothing is better than sensible soccer....... well maybe cannon soccer... or was it sensible fodder? i forget.
  18. wooo for JPR Williams, one of the local heros (unlike Henson who's known as pony)
  19. ............ when I get my CCNP I won't be working in a school. Surely this isn't really the right place to advertise this job. Especially as you are in Pennsylvania and this is a mainly UK site.
  20. MSIs for software that was decided to be put on between image cycles, WSUS for win/office updates between image cycles. Create a new image for roll out every 2 years with full updates and all software required.
  21. since doing so i've never been approached with a prob reguarding it so i assume so
  22. That's what OffRoad Vehicles are for. Can I suggest a Toyota Landcruiser or Landrover Defender? You can also sit in the wagon back bit and plug a fridge into the battery to keep the beer cold.
  23. /me looks suspiciously at amy..... what SORT of horse riding? If it's dressage I'm out of here, I used to go out with a girl who did dressage. Couldn't ask anything about her horse without a 2hour lecture on the ancestry of her horse.
  24. PARADOX are an old school cracking group, I'm not suprised that they were one of the first to release a REAL solution to the Vista Activation problem.
×
×
  • Create New...