Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. He has a love for any woman who works in IT but then, who wouldn't?
  2. Just go and add it to Gatt's ToDo list (so he can laugh at you) or ask on a forum for people who care. Incidently does google.co.uk or google.de work? oh and can we have a "STUDENT" title under his name so that we remember that he isn't an IT Tech, just a school pupil?
  3. *looks at katem's avatar.......* QUICK! SOMEONE CHECK JAKE'S CAGE! I have no set up remote RDP access so I am able to do most things on the network from home, but if there is a HW failure, or a machine needs reimaging (and they won't let me talk them through the RIS image setup) then tough, I'm unable to do anything. However so far I haven't been ill for more than the occational 1 day as I get bored at home, and would rather just duke it out in work, than have to make up the day in the holidays.
  4. Midget

    what no!!!

    You mean like a fire extinguisher has a gauge? I think the product is a bit too 'throw away' and cheap to include any form of high tec wizardry really... on an unrelated note, how do you get foam out of your PC?
  5. You DO have the gateway of the work server/other machines set as the smoothie machine right? You can define several gateways under the tcp/ip advanced settings.
  6. i thought a blackberry was a PDA with a phone in it, if she wants the convienience of only carrying one device, then fine.
  7. how can you force upgrades if you don't restrict old software? Has anyone tried Vista Business? is it as crap as i imagine?
  8. I dunno, the M400 looks ok, core2duo chips as well http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/jsp/seriesHomepage.do?service=UK&SERIES_ID=114023
  9. Toshiba Portege?
  10. I'll be honest and say i've never tried fedora since the first Core release ~4years ago and never tried distributing in a way similar to RIS, only ghosting.
  11. since when has linux been a straight forward, easy to mass install, secure desktop OS?
  12. You are talking about OS/2..... Go sit in the corner
  13. Why can't they make a good Business OS, JUST for business, none of the fancy stuff, just a raw stable easy to install (via RIS) OS, like Win2000. An OS that is designed from scratch to be put onto a domain and have sufficent security out of the box to stop roaming profile bloat.
  14. Midget

    Hello

    So which school are from and which of the people on here is your IT person? As I assume you are trying to queue jump and get his attention quicker *runs*
  15. I get the feeling that a lot of people think this, problem being is that if I'm out of the office LOOKING busy, i'm actually doing less work than if I was in my office fixing things.
  16. why would it be illegal?
  17. also check that you have selected the correct com port
  18. bits/s = 9600 databits = 8 parity = none stop bits = 1 Flow control = none
  19. go on then, who's who?
  20. Midget

    superbowl

    w00t! I love these lazy sundays. Welsh Rugby at 3, SuperBowl at 11 Roll on bleary eyed monday
  21. On this note, have any of you found it difficult to get into industry after working in a school, because they see 'school' and just throw the CV out? I half tempted to just go and get a job as a labourer, as its similar pay, and try from there.
  22. Well that's a boring thing to to with 7TB of space.
  23. You can get just that seagate 400GB HDD for £79 from dabs 14x 500GB HDDs? are you planning on starting a giant Warez FTP?
  24. Until they stop HR drones from writing jobspecs, whitiling candidates down, and conducting interviews, this will never happen
  25. I did a real ComSc degree (sorry axe to gind over shit cs degree that friend is now doing) before getting into this job.
×
×
  • Create New...