Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. I used to play rugby and go to the gym before taking on this job.
  2. how much a computer costs to run for 5 years? well surely the hdd and psu will last 5years, if you include reimaging every 2 years which takes 5min of your time per machine. So <£10?
  3. I use textpad for all my editing as you can have syntax highlighting, but that's probably a left over of my programming days when I used it for everything
  4. /me looks at job description, then looks at pay. /me feels ripped off
  5. Thats the one i've posted up to save trawling through the mess that is the MS site.
  6. Yes, here it is. Remeber to change .doc to .exe
  7. Could you not get some mounting rails for a a normal server chassis and then stick that in the rack?
  8. chmod
  9. ajb> you're evil you know that. I remember trying that out myself when i was ~17 on a P2 233MHz. Worst idea evAr
  10. i'm not a fan
  11. Pico Anything else is just bloated
  12. you need to correct your spelling and use a spell checker. *runs* *is fat* *walks* Try chucking it into Dreamweaver.
  13. if you find ubuntu slow, you might find gentoo much faster, however expect a few hours to build the kernal
  14. FreeBSD FTW or if you aren't as massocistic as me, debian or ubuntu for an easier time.
  15. *resists urge to get out red pen* ...sorry sorry, bad taste. Out of curiosity what has caused this as I haven't seen anyone making remarks about spelling mistakes etc? As long as you are able to use the correct grammar and write in fully understandable terms I don't think many people would make much of a fuss over some spelling mistakes or phonetically similar words (which/witch etc). Now if you were typing in "txtspk" it would be a different thing altogether.
  16. ah ha its working now, must have been a problem on the webpage to make it easier here it is http://images.chron.com/apps/comics/images/2007/2/24/Close_to_Home.28.g.gif
  17. A friend was able to do this. Apparently it stayed there the whole day.
  18. I'm also interested in this as i will be doing the Dells next week.
  19. /me bangs head on desk! You Maniacs! You put it at the top! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell! I can't believe I didn't see that command sitting at the top of the sif file.
  20. As we are on a revivathon, and I'm having no luck with google atm, How can I stop RIS from automatically disabling the local admin account?
  21. I use a script which will map the successmaker directory, map the successmaker printer manager printer as default, and then run SuccessMaker. Once SuccessMaker is closed the printer and sme dir are unmapped.
  22. Saw these and though of you guys, so I blatently stole them from b3ta user finnbar. These are the ones for XP (have a transparent bit for the tastbar, I also have ones that fit the full screen if anyone wants them.
  23. Are there any guides etc about what is required to move over to thinclients for people who've never looked into them before?
  24. That's a spectacular offer considering our usual supplier quoted £110 2 months ago. Shame there are no more orders until may/june here
×
×
  • Create New...