Midget
Members-
Posts
1,313 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Midget
-
23, looks like this is a job for career starters and finishers (ie people getting into IT and people retiring into this job) going by the results so far
-
What's wrong with good old fashioned VPN?
-
evil. timbo> give youself a pat on the back.....wait sorry.
-
yes you can using RIPrep. I'm doing that exact thing atm and it works
-
Is pete the bloke that didn't do any work that indiegirl spent all that time complaining about? Appart from a few piles of PCs my office is pretty tidy. Yay for cupboards.
-
RIS FTW! I am so very glad that I discovered it and learned how to use it. Gotta love free, instead of the carp that Ghost puts you through. tying the licence to the HDD is stupid, one of the main reasons for imaging it failed hard drive.
-
Ahhh I thought you could have been someone from the LUG, as he's in an RM school in 'diff. Glad to see more welsh members anyway.
-
what's the throughput like on them? I can't image blistering speed from a usb hub
-
Bloody Hell, that's brilliant. I'll have to look into it, shame it'd make my mini-itx redundant. I assume its a fully useable debian install so i would be able to run bittorrent?
-
Dare I ask if the school you work for begins with a 'R'? If not that just mean's you aren't who I thought you were.
-
The Washington Area Girls Soccer League? Bloody Gangsters. Damn them! Damn them to hell.
-
Google are much more evil than microsoft.
-
shhaaduuuuuup [/lenny] ...
-
oooOOOooo is the new Fascist Biscuit Collection in?
-
i blame SuccessMaker, easiest way, and it's usually true
-
B*ll*cks to that if they aren't paying your phonebill
-
here's a similar one that just made me laugh Job Title: IT Support Analyst Reporting to the IT Operations Manager the ideal candidate will provide front line support for all IT equipment on all hardware and software issues throughout all business locations. A good working knowledge of Windows 2000/2003 server, Exchange 2000/2003 server and Active Directory is essential as is the ability to diagnose, configure and correct Windows 2000/2003 and XP problems. A solid knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, WIN/DHCP, remote access, dial-up network) is crucial. Candidates that possess knowledge of Cisco hardware products ie switches, routers or firewalls and have any Microsoft qualification would have a distinct advantage. Candidates will be required to provide out of hours support if required. Salary: £15,000
-
You're screwed. sorry.
-
I have a piece of perspex that is screwed into the door and coveres a piece of paper with my name on it.
-
YAY! They finally realised they have to work WITH MSOffice to increase their userbase.
-
Quick question, the datediff function, is it in seconds or minutes? Because if it is seconds then this will mean that hardly anyone will be allowed to print TimeinQueue = DateDiff("n", dtmActualTime, Now) If TimeinQueue > 15 Then
-
That's MUCH better now you've removed my line foo.DeleteFile "C:\WINNT\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.*" Isn't a pain when you can't replicate faults so that you can test your solutions?
-
Learn something new everyday. What program do you use to encode into this format? I'll have to try it out later on the 45" RP TV to see how it compares to XviD On and Off looking at the Ubuntu show atm (shame you missed out adding it to a domain) I'll post up any non lexicon based complaints later if there are any.
-
How often will you run this script? From the brief skim I just did of it, it will delete ALL the jobs from ALL the printers. This might be a good thing if run at the end of each lesson, as the teacher probably won't care about the print jobs and it would just be a waste of paper, but just making sure you understand.
-
There's only a 1.4MB difference in file size between the two :S
