Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. I have to install a base copy of XP on the machine first before i can install my image
  2. I'm working at C/D and employed as B. As I'm the only person here, if I don't do it noone will and nothing will work
  3. I tried that one and was told "if you didn't do the additional work you wouldn't have a job" and that becta just provide guidelines that they dont HAVE to follow
  4. Are you asking how to create the shortcut without windows shouting at you about that location not exisiting or asking how to push that shortcut to the student's desktop? or both?
  5. tidy, works over a network too, i'll try it as a pupil later. /me moves love over to gecko
  6. Pull the battery out and check the chargebar? ....sorry.
  7. I have just tested this and Lee is right, they don't have access to run the shortcut. Balls.
  8. I think I love you
  9. What about ICT Teaching staff? are they just pure evil?
  10. Midget

    Web Filter

    aaaaaahhhh. Don't your LEA deal with the filtering or have you got your own connection? Symantec Web Security is one option, but other than that I can't suggest anything else for windows. TurnKey or Linux on the other hand.......
  11. Midget

    Web Filter

    Screw that, chuck Smoothwall's edu verison with dans guardian on it
  12. Why do you say that? Have you taken into account the dubious websites that some staff visit that could introduce a virus or other nasties onto the network? uhhhhhhh...... i think you have the wrong end of the stick
  13. except the techy who is unable to download anything from microsoft.com etc
  14. You should demand they call you "Sir" "Sir, you're fat bald lazy techy SAH!"
  15. This was 5years ago and I hadn't seen smoothwall express, hence i went to IPCop which is an offshoot of smoothwall
  16. I only recommend IPCop because that is what I have used in the past (as smoothwall wasn't free)
  17. ....every boy under 16yo in midwales by the looks of it
  18. They are available, but they are few and far between and are no longer stocked as standard. you don't like them? well I guess there's no accounting for taste
  19. Caramac is the single greatest loss to the average UK Shop/Vending machine.
  20. You can do this with an IPCop Router. We had an IPCop router and a central server used for all FTP, DCC+ and BT traffic that was controlled via a custom website (house of ComSc students)
  21. That's because Sales staff make money, whereas ITStaff either spend money or stop the loss of money, neither of which are any interest to the managers.
  22. How can you people regularily sit and read the TES forums .... sorry Staffrooms.... without wanting to stab people?
  23. Where's that from Bat?
  24. Then the obvious solution is to turn up in a summer dress.
  25. SME.bat rem @echo off c: cd c:\windows\system32 NET USE m: \\WIN2KSRV\sme /persistent:no START \\MyServer\SMlas m: cd ResultsManager\SuccessMaker\bin LOGIN.EXE C:\ResultsManager\SuccessMaker\Launch.txt WScript removeprinter.vbs c: cd c:\windows\system32 NET USE m: /DELETE removeprinter.vbs Option Explicit DIM WSHNetwork, SMLas Set WSHNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") SMLas="\\MyServer\SMLas" WshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection SMLas, true, true Completely uncommented because I'm lazy and didn't see the point on such a short script. Apparently there are ways to remove a printer in a bat script but calling a vbs works just as well.
×
×
  • Create New...