Midget
Members-
Posts
1,313 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Midget
-
1. Can't you? DOH! Oh well nevermind guess we're stuck with 4 2. Yup was thinking RAID5. How much are SANs and do you have any info on them? Dealt with NAS before but not had any experiance with a SAN. 3. I requested one so i hope so. The idea was to have this server be the DC, DHCP, DNS, AD tree and the current server for Storage and Apps in order to speed up the network. However it might be better to just get a SAN and keep the current server.
-
ok then, well ignroing the CPU, is the rest ok? Enough RAM? of the right type? Am I right to insist on RAID5 to stop loss of data in a HDD crash? What about price?
-
the 3000 series is just a rebadged Core2Duo though.
-
I've been looking at getting a new server in order to speed up the network by splitting tasks and I've got this quote on a server and was wondering what you lot thought of it. Windows 2003 Standard R2 2x Intel® Xeon 5140 2.33GHz/ 1333MHz / 4MB Cache Intel S5000PSLSATA Motherboard 4GB (2 x 2Gb) Fully Buffered Memory 533MHs Memory 5 x73GB SAS 15k HDD LSI 8308ELP SAS Raid Card 0.5 Metre 4 Port SAS Breakout Cable Intel SC5400BRP Server Chassis FPP4550WPSU 16x Dual Layer DVD Rewriter (Black) 3 Year Hardware Warranty £2,999.00 Is this a good price? Is it a bit OTT for a DC ? I've gone with RAID5'd SCSI because of fear of HDD failure
-
Jake in his office earlier today: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/19/119288822_f774c96afe.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/19/119288822_f774c96afe.jpg
-
heh thats funny I'm specing up exactly that (except using the current win2003 DC for storage)
-
New instant boot - diskless Linux OS with built in Office su
Midget replied to mark.hopgood's topic in *nix
Chuck it my way and I'll try it out on a classroom which i've taken offline for repairs to see how well it works. What's it based on? Knoppix I assume? What size is it? -
Open the collar further and have it as a Medallion And for the people saying ties get dirty and ruined, then the easiest solution is to stop doing that sort of work and spend more time at your desk drinking coffee. Everyone probably thinks thats all you do anyway.
-
I give you two years before you're wandering around in underpants and a string vest 8O is he from Yorkshire?
-
Shirt, slacks and tie. Looks more professional and it shows up some of the scruffier teachers.
-
Teachers installing illegal software on laptops
Midget replied to _Bat_'s topic in School ICT Policies
I'll place bets on 95% of them -
crazy quote for new server! what do you think?
Midget replied to titch's topic in Budgets and Expenditure
Have you tried NSOptimum? As long as you don't get network cables installed by them (although the offenders have been sacked), they are a good company and have very knowledgable Network Engineers and 3year warrenty -
Wierd, I stuck the network install on the server and created a bat file to copy over the ini file during startup, stuck a shortcut to the UNC location and it just worked.
-
So microsoft have managed to take something really useful and money saving and make it completely useless for people not using vista? great. guess I won't be installing SP2 for a while then
-
There is actually a problem with this, and MS released a fix a while ago This is the one you need WindowsXP-KB899409-x86-ENU.exe
-
crazy quote for new server! what do you think?
Midget replied to titch's topic in Budgets and Expenditure
First off before I forget: Office licence is $50, so should only be £25-30 per licenece depending on exchange rate What do they mean by project management? and I know how much work is involved in a server install, but £8k is pushing it a bit. I may get shot for this, but give NSOptimum (the supplier I primarily use) a call and see what they'd do it for. 01926880300 and ask for Brian Higgins -
I've got one of the 3005n's and I havent had a problem with it since purchase a few months back.
-
pfffft Butters *imagines Butuz in a Professor Chaos TinFoil helmet*
-
just add advjectives before or after the Sir T*sspot Sir Sir Fatboy
-
so it's a standard thing from RM to have "removed" then? Successmaker has it as default as well [ edited for the reason above - tarquel ]
-
The error code Error code 000000fc, parameter1 f7ae18e8, parameter2 049d2963, parameter3 f7ae1848, parameter4 00000001.
-
Damn my internet connection. Ghost wasn't used, so the problem is not with that (wish it was so that it was at least identifiable) and I have had no further luck searching the internet for presidence. Has there been something new with windows update that could have caused this?
-
Rolled out using RIS
-
2 diff images both created from sscratch
