Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. Brother PE-Design is MUCH MUCH better.
  2. That's just pointless, will all of those people even use DB on those machines? And why the hell do primary school teachers need laptops?
  3. ok then Nelson Thorne is utter crap because it doesn't work unless you remove the Flash/IE security and it almost lost me my job as i didn't get it working straight away like all the other software I was presented with. as for digital blue. why do you need it on more than 1 machine per classroom of the dept using it?
  4. Any software by Nelson Thornes JUST SAY NO!
  5. If you want something in your school to scare you, go look at the electrics. Usually VERY scary when you start investigating.
  6. As with all company sales depts you will get good ones, and bad ones. I work with both types atm so have seen first hand what it is like. Do not deride all of the account managers based off the ones you have dealt with. I know at least one of the guys there is a very abrupt typical salesman, but unfortunately they are the company's face. If you dislike your salesman, you dislike the company. As for obscure equipment, what are we talking? Some TV Screens that weren't installed when you wanted and then turned out to be ex-demo? That could have been a stocking error or maybe you got a huge discount because they were old stock. You have to remember that the number of install teams is based on speculation, and they are a company, it is no good them having 20 perm guys when there is only call for 6 outside of easter/summer. What happened with the sceduling? Did they tell you why they were delayed? I know they have terrible luck with their vans and people crashing into them.
  7. I spent 2 years dealing with NSO and personally I found them to be an excellent company to deal with for alot of out purchases. We got most items at a much lower price than from other places and they were always able to give, or find out, useful information. My AM Brian was fantastic, great person to talk to and very helpful, Alan was a fantastic Engineer and Dal the Tech Support was very helpful in giving information when I required it, or getting replacement parts sent out the next day. However their biggest weakness are their temp installers that they have to get in order to fullfil all the installs that are required during the holidays. As with alot of temp staff, they don't really care about the company and don't give 100% irrespective of what industry they are in. Just as you can have bar staff who are abusive to customers and lazy, you can get installers who don't want to do any work for their money. If you want just fully trained, full time staff to come do the installs then do what I did and arrange them to happen at slow periods, such as training days or during term if it doesn't disrupt T&L. £0.02
  8. Who was your account manager?
  9. kearton> monaro? you can get an LS1 powered CV8 one for £15k now. I'm holding out for a VRX though as they have the better brakes already fitted (worth £2k) and a better nose. £500 on a quickshift and you're ready to roll.
  10. DO NOT GET A NETGEAR SC101 You probably weren't going to, but I have seen no end of these devices come in for recovery, and 9/10 times they can't be recovered. Do not get any NAS/SAN device that requires you to use their software, else it will just end in tears.
  11. if man is 5 then the devil is 6 then god is 7 this monkey's gone to heaven
  12. Get a copy of MHDD. boot into it and test the HDD, if it shows slow/bad sectors bin it. It's not worth the hassle of risking it
  13. I hate that company with a passion. My name and ability was dragged through the mud because I could not get their software to work correctly straight away. One thing you may need is this patch for flash which will remove the security to allow it to work . It works for the stand alone version, and probably the network version (but I gave up on the Network install as it was a PitA)flash_patch.zip
  14. that man is correct, I used to extend the life of toner by sticking some bluetack over the transparent hole.
  15. only if i get the job seems unfair but i get some Experience. thanks for the replay Do they have 195 interviews lined up?
  16. Unfortunately in alot of cases the only way your place will get an extra technician in, is to quit and force them to see how much work is required.
  17. From the fact you say powerbook am i to assume that it is HFS formatted? in which case you will need MacDrive to mount the drive in windows. R-Studio or winhex will work if the data is ok, or getdataback with a raw scan to get some of the raw data.
  18. have you considered putting the PCs off the desk behind a kickboard and having some hard glass screens. That way only mice and keyboards can be damaged easily
  19. ICTNUT> now that is VERY tasty, i shall have to keep an eye on this thread
  20. yup. although not sure about using the key for 2007 on the 2003 install, but the licence covers it.
  21. get a PC from a supplier who will install linux, and then get an xp licence for it. ... although im not 100% you can do it anymore as I was told a little while ago that vista licence is not backwards compatible with xp licence like office 2007 is with office 2003.
  22. did someone call? post up some details of how the drives sound etc and I can talk you through some tips to try before the huge cost of sending it off to a company like mine
  23. Why the hell would you move into EduIT when you can get £90/day on supply work with New Directions?
  24. I hate rpm based distros, took up debian and stuck with it and now onto ubuntu
×
×
  • Create New...