Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. so alpha that the install won't actually run edit: got it working under MS Virtual PC, it doesn't like VirtualBox
  2. That sounds like an awesome idea. Edit: now downloading and sticking onto a VM to try.
  3. That reminded me of Angst Technologies, used to love that comic http://www.inktank.com/AT/index.cfm?nav=19 http://www.inktank.com/images/AT/cartoons/09-15-00.gif
  4. That sounds brilliant, I'd be very interested in having a look at those, thanks alot
  5. I like zimbra, been playing with it on my own time, may introduce to here if i ever get the time to set it up
  6. briefcase, 4 lengths of cat5, and an envelope. People are too busy wonder just what you are doing to ask you to fix things
  7. /me hands ChrisC his jacket The answer to this and every other problem is Ductape
  8. that's a bit easier. I have 2 Servers (miniitx and rackmount) and 3 computers in my house, and then 4 fully built older machines and enough parts for about 5 more plus lots of spares in the corner of the living room in a full height metal filing cabinet and a 500GB XBox just for Films and TVShows. ....and part of the South Wales LUG.
  9. Now that IS geeky. You've now set the bar far too high for me.
  10. Sorry we only have the Peek Freans Trotsky Assortment
  11. So it turns out that it dislikes one of my servers. copied the eclipse data over to another server and it works fine, how peculiar
  12. yes ma'am. *makes tea* *eats a fascist biscuit*
  13. I'm all for women in IT if they can pull their weight. Much more pleasing on the eye, and they can make the tea. *looks at amy. runs from flying kettle*
  14. They suggested something similar in my place, except they wanted me to do it, at the beginning/end of every lesson. They were told where to go with that one. I'm sure you'll have a mini revolt from the teachers for this, probably have unions getting involved because teachers are so hard pressed already
  15. We don't have an AUP here atm, been trying to get something sorted, but I don't have the time to do it (and i'm not exactly paid to do that sort of work)
  16. Does anyone know what permissions are required to run this software as I can only get domain admins to run it atm, i've tried giving my testuser full access to the whole of /prog files/ and /system32/ which are the only places that it is installed to, and on the server where the files are kept, but it doesn't work. I get the error message "Unable to locate the systems databases. Please check the line PATH= in the file LOCAL.INI points to the applications directory" (which it does, as it works as admin) Does anyone have any idea what i need to change?
  17. The inspectors will have a dim view of that.
  18. I can beat you all, the previous person who'd done my job had told all the heads of dep the admin password to make things easier for him, and they'd subsiquently passed it onto their teachers without him knowing. I didn't know this and didn't bother changing the admin password since there was so much else to do (assumed it was secure) Some time during the year, one of the teachers gave the kids the admin password to use the admin account (i assume because they had forgotten their password.) Queue all the kids knowing the password and going around deleting eachothers work.
  19. What about the fact that whilst those tests are taking place, noone else is able to use those IT rooms which will greatly effect some curriculums (or the kids play time)
  20. Don't forget the amount of time you'd be needed for it, or they'd have to hire an IT literate exam officer, so it'll either cost more money, or result in less work being done.
  21. WWJDownload? Porn and Lost episodes probably Only JewKing ..... i mean joking.
  22. This is why I fully support the govt's new idea of allowing high level business people with no teaching qualifications to apply for jobs as Head Teachers as they will have much more real world experiance and ability to manage people. Teachers just can't DO management, they aren't organised or trained enough.
  23. I wasn't sure if javascript would be able to do it, but apparently it can so i'd reccy using that instead as its easier to embed into html Here is a very good simple walkthrough http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/31646
  24. put the intranet in the trusted domains list and use java to run the .exe
  25. YES! I knew it, similar thing happens here, but only with the female teachers. I owe myself one cup of coffee which i'm going to go claim now.
×
×
  • Create New...