Midget
Members-
Posts
1,313 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Midget
-
ahhhhh, so now you can piss off people listening to radio one in a traffic jam
-
I thought they were made illegal by OfCom (or whatever they have acting as the uk equiv of the FCC)
-
Ive got one I got for ~£7 from a garage. Works well, plugs into headphone jack, even has a cig lighter charger thing
-
i have used this script and it works well have done a few mods to it ie 4 settings 1 home 2 school proxy 3 staff unfiltered proxy They need to log int proxy to become unfiltered 4 no change. and the best thing is that thay still cant change proxy manually its still grayed out. so i am really happy now. just need to know how to shut a script down as it opens ie and does not shut down till ie is shut?? thats normal with bat files, just do what i do and create a shortcut to it, and get the shortcut to make the cmd window the minimum size and hide it behind the startbar.
-
This looks interesting, and here it is in franglish seems to be €392 (a assume its euros) for a site licence, which is cheap. have you tried this? does it work well?
-
We have lots and lots of fibre each link at 1GB/s. If i get some more money and learn how to do it, i'll try to upgrade some of them to 2GB/s
-
ooo ta HeeBee didnt know it would default to there. I've been playing with our profiles recently (see the mand profs + macros thread) and this is a stop gap until i can sort something else out
-
How do you force windows to use that Default User?
-
just tried that and it does it the 1st time, but if more shortcuts are added, it just adds them to the bottom. Close enough until i figure out flex profiles and implement that. Good thing i'm reimaging all the machines atm ey?
-
The users are unable to do that as they cannot right click
-
The Start-->Programs list, just HOW can I force it to always be sorted in alphabetical order on the profiles? I use Re-directed folders for the menu list which is sorted by name on the server, but when a user logs in, it's in some random order. any ideas?
-
Sorted it now, it was attempting to lock the mdb file and that was failing as they didnt have full access to that mdb (Users had the perms to full access, but Students specifically didn't, and not all users are in the Domain Users Group for some reason) All hail filemon
-
Geoff: Great idea, I'm trying FileMon atm, bit slow to go through as i can't run it as a student. Stese: Both running latest version, works fine as an admin, and MLS support didn't know what it could be.
-
So now i'm getting this error when logged in as a kid, but as admin it is fine. Anyone have any idea what it could be? (see attachment)
-
I tried wget previously, but it fails, might be the proxy playing up though.
-
I'm looking at it now, seems interesting, has anyone else tried it ?
-
I know that one, people seem to think that i'm not doing anything atm, when in fact I am using TS to control another machine which i'm creating a full sysprep on (with all our software etc) and making sure it fully works
-
I use a firefox extention to switch between my 4 proxy options. It sits in the bottom right and you just click and choose the proxy to use.
-
I'm trying to find a way to automatically download all the files from the AV update site so that they are hosted onsite. ie i want a script to go to this website and download all files and stop them in a directory. http://speedownload.nai.com/products/commonupdater/ anyone have any ideas to save me having to manually do it?
-
I want to change over to mandatory profiles to remove some of the weird little profile problems that we get, and reduces the amount of space that they take up; however the kids need to be able to create macros and macro buttons in word. Now thanks to the ... unique... way that word stores the normal.dot their macro buttons and any macros in normal.dot will be deleted when they logoff. Does anyone have any idea how to overcome this problem?
-
have you considered Novell?
-
you've now got me wondering if its possible. Surely by installing it on the PC as normal, but to a mapped network share and taking an msi of the changes it could be made to work. won't be very bw friendly, but it should work as all the dlls and ocxs will be installed on the host PC. But then, if you are doing that you may as well install fully (unless HDD space is a problem)
-
its ruining the schools image
-
It installed perfectly for me today, just as it did when I last tried it about 18 months ago. If I ever get some free time, I'd like to try and get some applications running under it. It's an interesting project, one of the many that I monitor to keep my finger on the pulse. Thanks for heads-up. read my edit. It just didn't like VirtualBox, fine with VirtualPC Not bothered enough to try it on a real machine, just wanted a nose,
-
very basic but shows promise Quick to boot, uses the windows CLI commands, linux stuff can be used. Doesn't like my virtual NIC though so can't test networking. Very interesting project all the same
