Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

dwhyte85

Members
  • Posts

    1,314
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dwhyte85

  1. So, you're suggesting if teacher X is assumed to be having a relationship with pupil Y and they've been communicating over e-mails... that the school should simply wait for permission from either pupil Y or teacher X to go ahead and check e-mails? If they don't consent, what then? Wait for the police? EDIT: You mention 'breaking in', as I see it the school has rented the pupil an e-mail account to use based on a set of terms. It's not breaking in as such, it's checking up that was agreed to prior to the account being setup. If you have a landlord and they've got a clause that states 'If we think you're doing something naughty, we can enter without warning' and it's signed.... they can pretty much do that.
  2. It's just to bolster any argument - not aimed to resolve this debate ;-)
  3. http://www.ucisa.ac.uk/sitecore/media%20library/Files/publications/bestpractice/ExploitingtheNetworkGuide%20pdf - page 11
  4. It depends what they signed up to DPrince. You can sign an AUP that says we're allowed to read your e-mail if we feel it's necessary, that is the terms of you getting an e-mail account... it means they can read your e-mail. If the pupils (or staff) haven't signed anything that implicitly states this... you have a case to argue it. I'd imagine both staff and pupils have, somewhere along the lines...
  5. The school owns the e-mail and they'd (students) presumably sign something saying within the AUP that allows for this access? Honestly, I'd do it because: a) A boss has said to do it, they're accountable - you're just following instructions b) It may save someone getting a kick-in? c) It's not worth arguing with a senior member of staff regarding it, you're not going to win! If it was his Hotmail account and you sniffed the PW/logged it... different story!
  6. I don't think you need to have 2 different forums, not all of us in education want to stay in education and keeping them all together makes it for interesting reading sometimes In terms of making it a source of revenue... it could work, you have a targetted userbase with key skills in IT... resourcers would love to post IT jobs here... I can think of 2 agencies that need to wise up, this would be a better place for them to start and likely cheaper than advertising on reed, totaljobs or the IT Job board.
  7. Get a PS3 and let her watch you own it up on COD
  8. Egypt will be monitoring calls to that number and will be sending a few of the tough guys out to those that use it.
  9. Consultants who sit on in the meetings getting it wrong or advice from technicians being ignored?
  10. Ask for a discreet chat with your managers LM and the HR lady. If nothing is said, nothing will be done - they will see that things are running and therefore, she is doing her job.
  11. Would freeze frames do this? Windows->Freeze Frames I can't remember how to adjust the frame it 'freezes' though.
  12. It all has to route through points that are maintained/administered by the baddies. Unless people have a satellite connection, they're offline. In the UK all our data pass by GCHQ eyes... maybe not as foreceful but it's still in place.
  13. If you're applying with a CV and cover letter, you are not required to put your DOB. If you fill in an application form and the DOB is required on the equal opps form they can't use this discriminate against you (based on the bits on the equal opps). Put your experience, engineer your cover letter and cv/app form to the job requirements & apply, I wouldn't even worry about my age until I've got to an interview... if I get that far, I've done something right & it probably wouldn't be the main thing on the employers mind. Just ensure your directly relevant experience is shown clearly Best of luck.
  14. Another good blog entry. You should submit these to some article directories & IT news sites.
  15. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvI2oO9iuhTRHX9JMrvTOQLnMmXfxdZqh2VogubGyapzpSNMjgKQ&t=1 I've wanted to use that for ages, sorry.
  16. I don't want to know how or why you know that...
  17. Sneaky brand advertising. It's been so long since I watched it... did they ever mention the models of the cars with the manufacturer in Transformers?
  18. Breaking news! what the... with the bananas is with caption??
  19. Where do you get those?
  20. Alot are getting friendly now for the guild levelling stuff, where they get perks and you get perks
  21. I don't take criticism well. I'm right.
  22. That's what they all say
  23. Calibri
  24. TomTom is helpful, as is QuestHelper - and Atlas Loot.
×
×
  • Create New...