-
Posts
643 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by eejit
-
Can't think of anything stripped out - though a lot is now in new places.
-
Breakthrough! For people in future, there are a certain brand of motherboard that just can't be built using WinPE from the network. Instead burn the ISO and build from there. Worked for us anyway. Cheers.
-
She was bonkers to assume those were private. At least if they were DMs she'd have some case, but not normal tweets.
-
Thanks for that information Richard. We are having the same problem on some RM laptops - but the BIOS is basically empty so there is nothing to enable/disable. Bit stumped at the moment.
-
Nope, it wasn't crashed/hung, it took 3 hours and 50 mins to go to the next stage. This may be useful info for someone else later though.
-
I've just installed the fab EduSweep 2.2 on a new system which has something like 3TB worth of pupil data - so yes, a lot. It has been stuck on "counting number of directories to scan" for 3 hours so far though, so should I assume the program has crashed or could this be normal? It's only using about 9MB of RAM and 1% CPU, though "Resource Conservation Mode" is enabled. Cheers eejit.
-
Yes, needs a melting time lord
-
Our secret 30,000 members competition!!
eejit replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Wow nice one Edugeek. -
Excellent post. And from experience that is exactly what will happen. "Anti-terror" laws are rarely used for anti-terror.
-
Now 147 for next day delivery Can you really get a 1TB laptop drive for £50?
-
I know a school who recently moved away from Synetrix - they went to Zen after being unhappy about their internet for years. It was much more expensive, but they are very happy with the speed and reliability. Many schools moan about their internet in London, but now is probably the last time they'd want to move, they are more likely to wait and see how the Virgin move goes - unless the alternative is very cost effective. If you'd proposed this last year then I'm sure that you'd have had a lot of interest.
-
Virgin Media is future supplier for LGfL
eejit replied to arthur231283's topic in London Grid for Learning (LGfL)
I bothered to read the PDF and it sure is. Wow, can't make up my mind if this is good or not -
Virgin Media is future supplier for LGfL
eejit replied to arthur231283's topic in London Grid for Learning (LGfL)
Is this instead of Synetrix or for something else? -
I'm a little annoyed with them
-
Looks like it's just going to be that The Beatles music is finally going to be on iTunes. If it really is that mundane I'll be a little annoyed with them.
-
Yeah, sounds like the job just isn't finishing. Do you log to a server location during the build using something like this in your customsettings.ini? SLShareDynamicLogging=\\servername\Distribution$\logs\%OSDComputerName% (you need to make the logs folder - it won't make it itself) If not, have a look through the logs in the minint folder - it'll ALL be there, but it'll take some time to go through. What are you trying to build anyway? XP? Did you manage to get the adminpak deployed?
-
Sure no probs. I change the default container for all new machines to a folder called "New PCs" - that way you can at least apply policies to them - you can't apply policies to a container which is what the default "Computers" location is. I let the build occur there and then after I'm finished my "Install Appications" section - one of which is adminpak.msi, I create a new "Run Command Line" which is something like this: dsmove "CN=%computername%,OU=New PCs,DC=School,DC=internal" -newparent "OU=Workstations,DC=School,DC=internal" Make sure you tick the "Run this step as the following account" box and "Set" it as a domain admin and off you go.
-
I do this successfully too, but I'm almost afraid to say how after the torrent of abuse I received last time I used this tool. I deploy the adminpak as part of the build. You then have the dsmove tool available to you and you can move the PC many times during the build (i.e. to put it into an OU with no Windows Updates, then one that forces immediate installation of Windows Updates towards the end)
-
Download torrents and use Sky broadband ? You may be on this list !! LOL
eejit replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Apart from the initial shock/snigger "people porn habits revealed" reaction, that interview was actually very interesting and the subject of how a company keeps information about us, which could be medical, financial or anything else is of huge importance to us all. -
iPhone 4 Announcement at 18:00 (GMT) Today
eejit replied to Dos_Box's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
iPhone 4 = Apple's Vista. -
Cheers guys, yep HP are one of the ones that we would look to. Never heard of Taran before, so that is a good addition. I'll check them out. Thanks!
-
Hi All, We are looking for recommendations for PC and laptop suppliers. Someone "like" Stone I guess, but we are looking for alternatives at the moment. Who can you recommend? Thanks.
-
He thought that Eastenders was ending surely?
-
How did you actually come across these...
-
Can't wait for pit to register later and give his response.
