Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

DAckroyd

Members
  • Posts

    465
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DAckroyd

  1. sounds like something is killing the boards - have you fired up the board before installing it into the case - if so and it work and then when you put it into your case I would guess that something in the case may be shorting something on the board?
  2. does the computer have onboard graphics? if so that will take some of the ram
  3. have you looked at the MDOP App-V or Med-V? they might help you without the dark arts of XP Mode?
  4. have you gone from 32 to 64 when you moved to Win7? do your print servers have drivers for 32 and 64 bit OS's? Like others have said I would highly recommend using group policies in 2008 and the 2008 print server as they are much better than in previous server versions
  5. Does anyone know if you can use the same VMDK on 2 VM's? What I am trying to do is setup a new set of servers identical to (exept the problems) our current servers and we have a VMDK file for the old server and I was wondering if while I was setting up the new servers whether I could share the VMDK so data on the 2 servers was identical. The Servers are running Server 2003 and our hosts are VMware ESX3.5 connecting to a SAN thanks for your help
  6. my guess is that 90-odd percent of schools have a server1, server2, etc... not hard to guess
  7. I have just added the office 2003 adm files to a 2008 server and am trying to set the setting to stop the \\server working but like projector1 above I can't find the "internet and network path hyperlink" option. there are also other options in there which I might want to set but as there are no descriptions I'm reluctant to fiddle... does anyone know of a help document that can, well as the name describes, help on this? thanks
  8. That looks like it makes sense now... now have \\DC4\Profiles$\AppData\ and will do the same for Contacts, Desktop, Links, search, start menu and Saved games The Other bits are going to Home - Downloads, Music, Video, Pictures, and favorites
  9. I was aiming to specify where these things are going so I know they aren't going to end up with local profiles everywhere or bits going missing - if it's set as "redirect to the local userprofile location" is that their roaming profile or locally on the workstations?
  10. gggrrrr... I hate computers - I have changed what I am doing (for the second time now) First change was to goto \\server\Profiles$\%username% as that didn't work as hoped I then tried to set \\server\%username%$\Profile\ but that wont even set - the first one would set but would still only give a local profile - rest of GPO's policies were set ok though so It has picked that up
  11. I have done that and it comes back with something but I'm working from that administrator account so it's not got this GPO being applied to it
  12. I am trying to redirect some things into where I want them (see image - may then make sense) any help on why the specified target is not valid would be great Thanks all, Dave
  13. "These small bits of card don't seem to be working... they are still stairing at us, whatever 'they' are!"
  14. "Congratulations Kid's, You all passed your GCSE's... don't worry that it looks like I made these certificates"
  15. At this point we all realised we'd been given ounterfit 5 pound notes
  16. I want to say Bye Bye Winsuite - I hate the thing - but I don't have time on my hands... I have problems that I'm having to fix know that if I was to replace the network it would fix but because I need to fix these problems as they are essential for the T&L of the kids then I have to sort those bits so no new domain ready and I have hundrads of software packages that will need to be turned into MSI's or App-V programs in weeks... I'm going to end up letting the whole system die after putting in writing that it is doing so and I need to completely replace the old server images with new one but I haven't been given the time. anyway I'm starting to rant and not make sense so I'll leave you all to work out what on earth I'm going on about and I'll see if any local NM's want to swap jobs?
  17. The problem I see is if builders are in then they will cut through all your nice fibers
  18. how many people do you have working on that Manic? I'm hoping I might beable to work on our new domain over the summer as I haven't been able to work on it much in term time as I get disturbed working on site and it's not possible for me to work from home under H&S - will probly start in september with the same domain as we currently have dieing under us now
  19. Everything seems to be fine after the upgrade appart from Virtual PC didn't work so I got the beta with WinXP mode but I can't see how to boot my windows XP PC
  20. I think this is the one I saw it on first First Look: Office 14 for Web | PDCNews | Channel 9
  21. t'other day I went past our music Dept and they were recording singing onto Digital Camera's... I don't think anyone can beat that for a setup
  22. 2010 is going to have the full office program in a browser thing which looks very good
  23. office 14 out at the end of the year (or very early next) - Office, CoreCAL and Server OS is possibly better on lease
  24. Well I'm back and it worked fine - about 2 hours to run the upgrade... about double-four time that of the fresh install
  25. here goes... just going to run the upgrade and see if all works - thanks for help guys
×
×
  • Create New...