DAckroyd
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DAckroyd
-
I've had a fault on my MSA and phoned HP to get it sorted - they have sent out a new Controller and I goto swap them over earlier and the old one has fixed it self!?! should I change it over anyway or just leave it and contact HP?
-
how do you check through students image files?
DAckroyd replied to DAckroyd's topic in How do you do....it?
would there be any harm in making a backup tape and then wiping out all user data and see who shouts for what? -
how do you check through students image files?
DAckroyd replied to DAckroyd's topic in How do you do....it?
I have just finnished looking though the images in the year10 areas after starting at 7:30 thismorning with about an hour at most doing other stuff but I do have 35 year 10's to remove tomorrow morning (+16 in other year groups who I found when I started by searching all year groups in one go (before thismorning)) Glade thats over - just leaves me with tomorrow for year 9, thursday for year8, and friday for year 7 - or I leave it a couple of days -
depends if the other two floors are below ground
-
VM Server 2 - The Free One
DAckroyd replied to garethEds's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
just having a look around the web consol I can't see anything that will do the trick... if you have 3 or less ESX boxes then look at getting Virtual Center Foundation as it (half a year ago) cost just over 500 quid and that should help with the management -
VM Server 2 - The Free One
DAckroyd replied to garethEds's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
we have virtual center server running and that starts thing automatically but it should easily be possible from webconsol also - I'll look for you -
I'm currently trolling through all the images on the network in the students user areas for inapropreate material but it's taking forever. I am currently doing a search for picture files and *.jpg's and looking through the search results. can you think of a quicker way of doing it or if you have to do the same how do you do it? hope that made sence (brain is switching off atm so not a lot makes sence to me atm)
-
that should be fine as a short term thing but I would look into something a bit more perminant also - if you are close to a server upgrade then looking at rack mountable and put them higher up in the cab for water clearance possibly?
-
logged on remotely, su'ed then: [root@...]# telinet 0 bash: telinit: command not found
-
I can't log into the server as root through SSH (it's an ESX box) I su into root but it doesn't allow it
-
shutting down server doesn't work through ssh and when I was just installing something I had to run a preinstall_setup.sh and it wasn't able to reboot so I had to walk to the server and do it
-
ok looks like I will need to walk to the server to perform certain tasks - thanks
-
Hi all - should I hope be an easy question (even if the answer is "not possible") I want to connect to the main console (tty1?) from an SSH session from PuTTY. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks all
-
sorry that is the other way I have tried - the first way and all computer names are correct and printer shares are right also - thanks
-
Hi All - this should be a simple one.... I want to add a printer to a classroom of computers. the pinter is networked and goes through a print server. the computers I want this printer added to are windows XP and running winsuite. If I add the printer as a domain admin it only appears for the domain admin, if I install on a local admin it only comes up for the local admin. the last printers I installed I had to remove the computers from the domain and add the printer then reattach to domain... now that doesn't work - the only way I can see of getting the printer to show now is to installed the printer onto each computer and not have management over the print ques doesn't anyone know a better way other than destroy all printers or all users? Thanks, Dave
-
that's a shame... will you be stocking bathrooms, or selling conservatorys and double glazing?
-
does anyone have a/know of a good guide to powershell stuff with and user creation?
-
any recommendations for server 208?
-
I've just installed AUM on one of my 2008 DC's and get an error when trying to activate saying "The Activation Code entered has not been accepted" anyone else experiance this or is it a 2k8 thing? thanks
-
I'm still on beta on this machine as I've been using it as my main machine I don't want to loose the stuff - gonna upgrade to RC soon though (when I have 5mins) the other thing is it doesn't seem to like the task bar - is that a beta thing or a win7 task bar thing?
-
we resently got a load of Hanns-G HC196 monitors which were a great price for 19" hard screen's. good picture quality - only missing DVI cables (got the port)
-
I'm pretty sure this is what we have on our current domain but we don't use at the moment - am I being dopy or does this not create the user Dir?
-
you can just do a concotonate in one cell and fill down - 2mins work if the file is otherwise prepared
-
Is this program worth $99? also is it avalible in UK pricing and if not how do you buy it for the school?
-
I have just installed Safari4 onto my Win7 machine and found that when you hover over the thumbnails it puts the screen into some strange mirror mode (see attached) Has anyone else found this?
