DAckroyd
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DAckroyd
-
we don't know if we are licenced and if we aren't then we don't want to be made to buy one. I will try our County IT support - see if they can help as they put it in origionally
-
tried from H:\ being mapped to \\phserver1\rollnt$ and changing the logon script to the same and it's still not working - get same message
-
ok I have tried on a VM and have had no luck there attached is a screenshot of a question I'm asked when I try and install winsuite
-
Crystal Palace school what to see your VM setup
DAckroyd replied to nicholab's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
too many lorries - not safe to sit servers there We're up in King's Lynn if you want to see VM ware - as said earlier not much to see - couple of servers and lots of cables EDIT: Just up the road is Hunstanton so you can have an ice cream on the beach there -
are you due to become an academy or BSF any time soon?
- 15 replies
-
- bat cave
- infrastructure
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
it ran the program but couldn't complete
-
it doesn't seems to be saying that... it's loging on ok to the domain
-
I don't think anyone was saying you can't but I'm guessing that as there are only 2 people connecting buying SQL would be a waste of money (only above 25users you need to buy it is it?)
-
More help required please! I've tried installing winsuite from \\\NTroll$\townt.exe I've tried installing from the winsuite.bat logon script on a new user for installing winsuite with administrator rights and domain admin rights and the .bat looks at the above and adds /i/bug and that doesn't work It's moaning about some winsuite group thing not being there - I hate this bloomin thing - any help is desperately required! Thanks
-
setup an upto xcopy script on a memory stick and cycle which one you use - easier to take off site and cheaper than tapes
-
there's no problems with running exchange on a VM as long as you have a desent host then there is very little you can't run as a VM - even very CPU intensive things are good on VM cos if the hardware goes down if you have a good selection of hosts then your HA or equiverlent will kick in and move
-
if you want to stick with physical servers, for your SIMS, get an eeeBox and put server 2008 on that - it would do a good job for 2 people or you can get HP servers for under £100
-
if you are building a machine of from scratch then you don't have to do a P2V conversion - just build from template or ISO or from WDS Domain controllers are great things on VM's as you can split out roles between VM's to help security. I have a physical Domain Controller as a just in case thing but it's not essential and it's just on a cheap HP rack server (DL120)
-
My network doesn't have any onions... I'll get an order in on Tuseday for that... Just a thought though, How do I use the onions on my network? do the go well with spam?
-
I wasn't sciving off early or anything... I wasn't even meant to be in!
-
Thanks for you help on this - I'll be checking back on Tuseday as I'm off home now.. well to town then home
-
If you are managing lots of primary schools why not setup a big network which will cover all schools? might get it so you can manage lots of the schools at once...
-
the MSI you have would be good to try thanks tmcd35 sted... why do you have to try and pursuade your school? If your the Netman and you feel Winsuite is a problem on the network then you should be able to ditch it - done over the summer nobody would notice surely not 13 already til summer?!?! I need more hours in the day to work on new domain or I need BT to kick into gear so I can have an internet connection at home via somthing that isn't a mix of 3G and GPRS (just a thought... does anyone use MSTSC over G3 or GPRS and if so how much data do it use?)
-
I did the same thing just before christmas and went for Option 1 with about 25 Cat6 cables (lots of colours to make it pretty - they are also labled) Having a couple of servers with 10 cables to each I needing to organise these somehow... unless you just want to make a big 2Gbp/s bottleneck I would go with option 1... you can box in cable fine but also having lots of cables around make it look scary to others and keeps them out of your server room... also add some fairy lights for christmas time and it will look very cool (Blue LED would be best!)
-
Just a quicky... With WinSuite2000 will MSI files install or will I have problems? I did try SP3 on an msi onto one computer a while back and then gave up but I don't know if that was because it was still on SP1 and not SP2. I have a LOT of software to get onto our new computers and also got HoIT wanting more software installed also (what ever happened to the relaxed holiday time that we had when I started into this game? I'm in on my day off... well in for a few hours at least!) As always thankyou for your responces... your answers are all useful (except the ones that aren't:)), Dave EDIT: I have just tried Scratch1.3.1 msi from their website assigned to room15 (one that isn't being changed and where HoIT want's it installed) and it doesn't seem to be working after about 10 restarts... I HATE WINSUITE!!!!
-
turn off screensavers?
-
[Norfolk] [Broadband] 100MB Upgrades
DAckroyd replied to NeoPlosive's topic in East of England Broadband Network (E2BN)
I will try not too be TOO rude about them then! -
[Norfolk] [Broadband] 100MB Upgrades
DAckroyd replied to NeoPlosive's topic in East of England Broadband Network (E2BN)
If someone at county found this they would mark it as being porn or something and block the site!! -
[Norfolk] [Broadband] 100MB Upgrades
DAckroyd replied to NeoPlosive's topic in East of England Broadband Network (E2BN)
We had Paul W in and he said that it was still meant to be at 10meg but their network shaping wasn't working properly -
[Norfolk] [Broadband] 100MB Upgrades
DAckroyd replied to NeoPlosive's topic in East of England Broadband Network (E2BN)
we had ours installed and were told it was too fast and they been buggering about with it scince I think - don't oftern have a fully stable connection and have had to restart our new router a couple of times cos the radio has been braking up lots SPEED TEST RESULTS: Download 83.64mbps Upload 9.11mbps (speedtest.net as JJonas)
