Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mjs_mjs

Members
  • Posts

    1,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mjs_mjs

  1. Not sure if one exists but if not I was planning on making one in php. Who would be interested in such a development?
  2. a 'health check' checks permissions and changes them as necessaries.
  3. Active Directory Backup and Restore - this could also be of use to you.
  4. We do the same thing here using NT backup to a nas across the site every night, and we also have backup-exec doing differentials mon to thurs and full every fri to disk and tape. Should one server go down we can restore from the last good backup, and let AD replicate from our other DC's. Should total disaster hit the site we have offsite backups (encrypted) as well.
  5. many thanks - will doing this on a live network cause any issues? // ignore this - read the MS doc wrong (fail) We have 59 GPO's - RM CC4 and about 6 of our own. RM use the security method to select GPO's in some cases (most i was told by rm) and no the OU method.
  6. Is there an easy way to export GPO's to another machine/domain?
  7. I played with it for a bit and found it was faster (by a huge margin) to just go with windows than an RM solution. I made a server (off the domain) then smart cliented it onto the network as a standard workstation, then installed terminal server and played with the theme to make it look like XP (was on server 2003 at the time). it worked, just very slowly.
  8. Anyone got an NC10 they would be willing to sell to me? After one that works (screen, kbd, mouse ect), but not to fussed about scratehes ect. I will have monies waiting as of next week.
  9. here its; * 6 character min, * changes every 42 days, * last 10 passwords remembered. irrc.
  10. I'm dyslexic too and spell is sandels... cos it's like handels... also i pronounce it san-dels.
  11. I too have this Gerber - certainly worth the money I paid for it. (around £20)
  12. I'm sticking with 32bit for the next few years - I have applications for modelling that are written in 16bit and I do use them regularly. I'm aware I can run these in a VM but have no reason to go 64 yet, nor do I need more than 2GB of RAM. So I don't really have a reason to move. The only possible reason I can think of moving 64bit for me will be so I can run 64bit VM's to host 64bit OS's like 2008r2 for testing and certs.
  13. I was mainly thinking at work
  14. fortunately not.
  15. poll is now open.
  16. What are you wearing on your feet? Just thought it would be interesting to know what other people wear on their feet.
  17. 0/1 + 0 - 0*3*(2/2) = 0.... what that make me?
  18. mjs_mjs

    Back soon

    congratulations to all of the new parents/soon to be's.
  19. I rebuilt my raid 1 array on an SIS controller (less than £30 jobby) over night. I did the same array in online mode and it took ni on a day to complete.
  20. On Screen Keyboard?
  21. can i use DSL or tiny core to be a web server with apache, php and mysql on them?
  22. it's cc4, even tho the ad says 3.
  23. well I'm leaving.... probably best i say no more.
  24. just by co-incidence the zero 88 betapack 2 dimmers that are so often used in schools WILL and SHOULD fail a PAT test. they have a capacitor to meet CE regs and this means it will fail the PAT test. Not sure if the ones used in this was a zero 88 model but just a FYI. http://common.zero88.com/public/files/IM8025Betapack3ManualIssue2_1.pdf page 8, bottom left, up a bit for reference.
×
×
  • Create New...