sidewinder
Members-
Posts
3,170 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by sidewinder
-
pasta salad with tuna, pesto, peppers and spring onion or something similar is one of my staples, also couscous with lots of roasted veg and cumin/chilli/coriander. Both of those you can make one night and have 3 or 4 days worth of lunch (if you dont get bored) Failing that just a salad with some chicken or something. I'm trying to think of a good way to bring noodles in (proper ones, not supernoodles) Plenty of carbs in all that but healthy too, ive got no problem with carbs as long as they're in moderation. I get too hungry otherwise!
-
hmm...im planning to do the same thing...lets hope they offer me something similar!
-
How the bloody hell did you get 3 months of leave? Fair play though, enjoy
-
To be fair I do prefer it on its own, but it doesnt look great drinking it like that in the pub! At home, always straight, rum and whiskey
-
LOL @ WKD. Those who drink that need to take a long hard look at themselves Pints (decent foreign lager or preferably english ale), then dark rum/JD & coke. And a Jagerbomb or 2
-
Yeah, can only imagine you're seeing the international version for some reason. Maybe Derbyshire has seperated from the UK?
-
lol WTF? Makes no sense at all. Perhaps give them longer between inspections or something. But never again? What if the majority of the staff left one summer, that would change the school somewhat!
-
The Cinema: "Oh wow I must see that! Wait, it's not on anymore???"
sidewinder replied to Rydra's topic in General Chat
Well, restrictions within reason. Like not being able to go on day of release or it not being valid on friday nights or something. That would be understandable. The copyright does seem rather far fetched, yes! In cinema news I finally went to see Four Lions last night at my local independant place. Really, really good -
The Cinema: "Oh wow I must see that! Wait, it's not on anymore???"
sidewinder replied to Rydra's topic in General Chat
I really, really wish Vue and the others would do a similar scheme. Even if it cost more and had restrictions I'd still be all over it in an instant. But as they dont then they just get my custom once every few months. Missing a trick I reckon -
The Cinema: "Oh wow I must see that! Wait, it's not on anymore???"
sidewinder replied to Rydra's topic in General Chat
Ill be honest, 8 weeks seems a reasonable length of time to me, especially at times when many new movies are coming out. Most people who want to see the film do so in the first few weeks -
To be fair lightscribe has never exactly been a roaring success so I doubt you're the only one who hasnt heard of it! School has a subscription to PC Pro, plus The Reg and Edugeek. That pretty much covers it for me
-
Any members runners or sports people, I've got an injury :(
sidewinder replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
bought Getting running shoes properly fitted is the best thing you could have done. I started training for a half marathon for weeks with some old totally inappropriate footwear and got all manner of pains and aches, as soon as I got the fitted ones they all dissappeared. Cant help with the injury you have though -
From the clips it does look utter garbage. I just dont see the point of it, what do you learn from watching it? I dont find extreme gore or peoples limbs being cut off particularly enjoyable (though obviously no complaints about the naked women )
-
Yes please, i'll pm my address now. When should I expect to recieve? Happy birthday
-
Ive started playing it...its pretty good though I'm not amazed yet
-
Thanks, have put ours in and its accepted it fine and activated the server
-
Thankyou. That makes sense now! I dont mind the servers using it, I just thought as it was going to take a while to get 5 servers upgraded (though we now have 4 including VM's to be fair) that I'd end up with them unactivated. But as they're included in the limit thats now fine - because the total including W7 machines will obviously be over 5 Edit: have just checked our key and it says it's B channel. The only ones that are listed as C on our SA is Data Centre/Itanium...we have Enterprise installed
-
But will this one server forever stay unactivated since its the only one with a KMS key? Or is the host excluded? (tbf it does seem to have activated)
-
No massive surprise considering they would have been paying a lot more than 4p to post it to you! Probably a misprice. Though if you receive one, fair play
-
Maybe I'm missing a key (pun intended) point because no KMS information seems especially clear to me, even on here. Our DC is running Server 2008 R2. I want this to be the KMS host. It was originally installed with a MAK key, which I have now changed to our KMS key. But I didnt want to use KMS for our servers, just the Windows 7 clients. Yet I read that its the server 2008 r2 key that will also activate the 7 clients?!? If that is the case, why the hell have I got a Windows 7 KMS key as well? Also, is my server now not going to be activated until there is 5 of them? Which there wont be for some time I must be missing something. Is my server set up now to accept Windows 7 clients? (we havent got 25 but I assume I'll at least see them listed as requests)
-
Cheapest way to obtain high-performance file server
sidewinder replied to dhicks's topic in How do you do....it?
Might be misunderstanding, but you'd have all the drives connected to the RAID card, but not set up in an array, then do all the RAID in software? No expert but I cant imagine how performance will be any better from that. Hardware RAID isnt flakey, at least it shouldnt be with a decent card! Dont think Ive ever had a card fall over on me, just disks, which would happen however they are configured -
Thanks guys, good to get some confirmation from other people!
-
Pub gold for a friends birthday tonight...god knows what Ill be 'required' to drink...
-
Collins and Herrin - very very funny
-
I'd prefer to see Swindon than Millwall so I'm rooting for you. Its also an easy away day
