Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sidewinder

Members
  • Posts

    3,170
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sidewinder

  1. Look at social networks, myspace arent even there! Talk about a fall from perhaps not grace, but popularity
  2. 'The page you tried to access is classfied as: Humour' I love that, like how DARE you look at anything amusing over a school internet connection
  3. Yeah I like the use of that sometimes - been playing Uncharted and its used to balance on beams and aim grenades. I play Burnout all the time...I didnt know it used it! Is it a feature you have to turn on?
  4. Same as the others, Theres a place for it in party games but if they start putting it into everything I wont be happy...what is wrong with a pad?! The only reason Sony will have come up with this is so they're not 'left out' of the motion control gimmick
  5. Can anyone help? A primary school has this printer, I went to help them share it, but predictably they've lost the driver cd, and the Olivetti website (which incidentally is up there with the worst websites for support) download is corrupt every time I download it. Have contacted them but just wondered if anyone here has this printer? Theres very little information on Google, not even many dodgy driver download sites with it Thanks
  6. Yeah they came with 10.6.2 but after one reboot the bind was lost. Will have a play though. Funny, never had a problem at all with 10.5.8! Well, unless OSX has decided to revert to Apples inaccurate time servers..
  7. Now my problem is either trying to get 10.6 to stay connected to AD (early indications show this still doesnt work) or force 10.5.8 on it (have read it can just about be done but you lose some functions due to the hardware being newer than the OS) Fun, fun, fun
  8. How long had it been missing?
  9. You were absolutely right, I was just being an idiot, as usual. Created a new .nbi image on the 27" mac and it now boots fine. Because I'd only needed to do it once before (because I did it on our newest macs) and it was a while ago, I'd just completely fogotten I had to do that . Thanks for your help
  10. Hi Antonio Yeah I didnt expect the actual images themselves to work, but I cant even boot into deploy studio to try one. I thought that was a universal boot image for some reason. Because even if I prepare an image from scratch on one of the 27's (which im perfectly happy to do) if I cant then boot into deploy studio to create the image I'm a bit screwed. I just assumed I could boot pretty much anything - I certainly can boot our 24/20" iMacs, our 17" 2006 iMacs, our 2008 MacBooks, and some old G4 iBooks. But Ill obviously have to have a look tomorrow on the server then.
  11. Just got some new 27" iMacs, but for some reason, our netboot setup with DeployStudio suddenly doesnt work. Holding N on bootup, I get the big globe for a few seconds, then the Apple logo with the small globe, that then dissapears but instead of changing to the moving cog and booting into deploystudio, it just sits there with the Apple logo forever. I've tried 2 just in case one was faulty, they both do it, and it does still work on our older macs. I've also upgraded DeployStudio to rc17 (we were previously on rc15) and no difference Has something changed in these latest macs?
  12. You have pm
  13. MS must be rubbing their hands with glee, could scare some people into upgrading to 7
  14. Despite giving seemingly frequent problems, I dont mind Oliver. The backend is strange, wouldnt say performance is bad or anything, just that I dont know much about administering it. And tbf the problems are often because our librarian is always trying to do something different with it, the basic day to day functions work well. Softlink are a genuinely good company with regards to support too, quick response, and they're always willing to do a remote support session or talk you through something if you're happy to do it yourself. Also (I assume because the UK office is fairly small) you can usually deal with the same few people each time, which makes things a lot easier
  15. Fair enough. Ordered 5/6 pairs from them with no problems Id take the odd mistake over paying 3 times the price personally!
  16. Readingggggg Also want to go to Glade since its so close to me but not sure if that will happen
  17. yeah get them online as long as you have a recent prescription, SO much cheaper I use Glasses Direct ™ Buy Designer Glasses and Prescription Glasses Online who even let you trial 5 pairs at home for a week free
  18. Im a rum drinker, but the selection in supermarkets is fairly abysmal. Ill buy a bottle of whatever if its on offer but often there are no offers at all Need to get it off the net really, drinksshop do the 7 year old Havana Club for about £20 which is beautiful
  19. I use this snapin quite a lot, its the quickest way to see if someone is logged on for a start. But for some reason, when I try and look at sessions on some computers it totally freezes MMC. On my previous XP install, it worked perfectly, on Windows 7 it worked perfectly, but on a reinstall of Xp on the same machine, it freezes and can barely list 5 users. Its not a sporadic thing, it either works on a machine or it doesnt. Is it network related? Something I need to change on my PC? Its not that are loads of people logged on, doesnt matter if there are only 10, it'll still freeze. Also on multiple servers so its not specific to one server. Has anyone else come across this? To put it politely, its bloody annoying
  20. Until we've solved the lack of fundamental human rights such as access to food, water and education (which I doubt will ever happen) then no, its not really high on the list of priorities. But it does depend where in the world you are. Here? Yes you probably are at a bit of a disadvantage. But in countries where internet access is sporadic, not very widespread or just too expensive then not having access isnt yet a disadvantage...though I imagine that will keep on changing
  21. ^ classsic! though not particularly hard wearing
  22. WTF looks like it exploded and a 3 year old glued it back together sure its good at what it does though
  23. Interesting that reading down hes also being tried for the ever so slightly worse charge of possessing indecent images of children, yet the paper decided to go with the 'comedy' squid headline
  24. Its a lot of hype, because people really enjoy the stations! If they wernt that good then you wouldnt hear any backlash I agree about DAB though...it really hasnt been a success, which is a shame. Its still hard to buy things with a DAB tuner (especially in car) and signal is patchy...my clock radio is currently fine but sometimes it will totally lose the signal depending what part of the room im in.
  25. I still make do with a 2GB stick plus a 250GB hard disk
×
×
  • Create New...