sidewinder
Members-
Posts
3,170 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by sidewinder
-
Thats a surprise to be honest. Perhaps not on petrol (since people are incensed about it already) but alcohol and tobacco I thought were a sure thing. Yay, wont cost any more to kill ourselves!
-
I agree that a local photo studio who can take the pictures is usually better than a stupid booth But why in this day and age do they not allow you to submit a photo digitally? Or provide a tool for printing your own (with the caveat that is must be a certain min resolution and be on photo paper perhaps) A lot of people have decent photo printers these days
-
Have to admit I was hoping for an early Federer exit as well, just because I like variety (and prefer Nadal) but it was an immense match Robson was so unlucky getting drawn Jankovic but she did play well, and no-one expected her to beat her so no shame in it at all My main problem at the minute is deciding whether to watch the tennis or the football Anyone going to Wimbledon? I went last year and it was immense, but doesnt look like I can get a day off this year
-
Ive updated straight away, since it cant be any worse than 3.1.0.3. Hopefully the problems were with Shockwave and all will now be resolved. I shall hold my breath though
-
For all you 'oldie' Street Sounds Fans out there.....
sidewinder replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Before my time but still sounds good..will take a listen -
Auditwizard here. Not free though Startup script runs however often you want it to and gathers data. Takes about 10 seconds
-
Epic problems with IE crashing here, however we still cant prove it is PCE causing it - when I've removed the client most have said its improved but some havent
-
Reading for me A lot of people have said to me they're dissapointed with the lineup but I love it - in fact theres so many bands I want to see I know I'm going to end up dissapointed! Not all that bothered about any of the headliners but want to see the Libertines, QOTSA, and most of the NME stage - especially Crystal Castles, Pendulum, LCD, Big Pink, New Young Pony Club and Hadouken
-
1700 students, 150-200 staff, 900 computers 12 servers 2x Domain Controllers 2x File servers 2x Mac servers 1x App server 1x VM Host (currently with 4 virtualised servers) 1x SIMS Server 1x Proxy Server 1x Backup server 1x Wireless management server
-
Want a simple VLAN on a single switch...but I'm confused
sidewinder replied to sidewinder's topic in Wireless Networks
Thanks guys, that works fine. Just got a bit confused with tagged ports! -
Got a Procurve 2610-48 here. It will be connected to the core switch. I want 36 ports to be part of the main network, so nothing needs to be done to them. But I want 2 groups of 6 ports to be VLAN'd, so we can run a cable from the curriculum and admin sides of our router. Essentially each of those groups are replacing a standalone 8 port switch, I dont want any traffic going between the VLANs at all. But there are so many options, and I've never really setup a VLAN before. My attempt - I created 2 additional static VLANs in addition to the default, and tagged 6 ports in each. I then forbid all the ports that wernt part of that VLAN. I realise this is probably totally the wrong way to do it! As I expected, this doesnt work. The default is still fine, and cannot see any device on the 2 other VLAN's, but if I plug 2 devices into the first VLAN of 6 ports, they cannot communicate. So something is not right....what do I need to set?
-
Its a generation behind hardware wise. The 32 and 64 were released last year, the 8 is unchanged from whenever it first came out (2008?) From a quick look, the 3rd gen have double the RAM, a quicker CPU, and a different (I assume better) GPU than the 2nd gen (which the 8GB is)
-
I wouldnt buy the 8GB version personally, even if I only wanted 8GB storage, purely because of the older hardware
-
Why no option for pink?
-
We had quite a few of SMART's version of the same thing - the Sympodium. All except one (in the hall, where it is actually beneficial to be able to write on a screen in front of you) have been replaced with smartboards. A few staff liked them, but most dont. It makes it a lot harder for students to take part in lessons using the board, and quite simply most teachers prefer to stand at a board and write on that. So they arnt useless, but only suited for certain situations IMO
-
alan - bought some sennheisers last week for exactly that reason. Such a difference from the standard ones! (I have a shuffle as well) kevbaz - ill assume it was a 32 but ill have a check at the weekend anyway. £220 for a 64 would be quality but I wont hold my breath
-
Have to be honest I dont really like cycling on towpaths anyway, some are very narrow and you do feel like you're just getting in everyones way, plus hit one rock and you could be in the water!
-
Oh I certainly wont be buying a newer model whatever they put in it, was just hoping it would cause a load of people to upgrade and sell their current ones I'd be happy to wait a while but till September seems a long time away, I'm missing not having an ipod! kevbaz - when was that? cheapest i can find on the net is about 270. £290 from HMV online
-
Agreed about comments - they're one of my favourite parts of any online paper. It adds a layer of interactivity that you cant get in a 'real' newspaper. Obviously it attracts a lot of idiiots but they usually provide a laugh. In fact I'm so sad that if theres a big news story that I know the Mail will be up in arms about, I sometimes go to their website and rate the comments (usually the well balanced liberal views are about 500 down, and the hysterical right wing ones 500 up, nice to help redress the balance!)
-
Havent stupidly high powered laser pens been available over the net for a while now? I saw a video of one that could burst balloons and set fire to things a good year or so ago Have to say I'm not usually bothered by these sort of scare stories but this is a little worrying, all it takes is one idiot to buy one and start waving it round in public and it could seriously hurt people.
-
My old 60GB iPod photo has totally given up the ghost now, so I need another. I want either a 32GB or 64GB iPod Touch (no interest in an iPhone). But should I get one now, or is Apple likely to introduce an updated model this year (so the prices of the old ones would drop) Also, noticed on ebay lots of sellers selling the 64GB for around £220, as returned units with some warranty left. Apart from the reduced warranty, is there any real reason to be wary of these? Its just a pretty decent discount over Apple's £306
-
I prefer the Guardian but I did read a fair few bits on the Times site. Shame Unfortunately we cant just expect it to be free...if people stop buying the actual papers then who is paying for the online content? That said, I dont really agree with the Times approach
-
Thanks! I've added the exceptions to both products and disabled the IE addons, so lets hope it helps! I've emailed the most vocal teachers to ask them to let me know if theres any difference, I fully expect to hear nothing back and then in 2 weeks time for them to go 'internet is still crashing, havent you done anything?' With the PCE IE add-on, I assume that is there for the web filtering rather than the caoturing. So if you dont make use of the filtering (like us) you dont actually need it?
-
Do you thinkg IPlayer is going to work next Wednesday?
sidewinder replied to SimpleSi's topic in General Chat
iPlayer is a lot more stable and gives me more confidence than ITV's player, but it is still an unprecendented event in terms of viewers and start time so I would be amazed if it worked smoothly for everyone. Got freeview boxes here -
cheers obviously not a surprise present then!
