DJ-1701 Posted January 30, 2017 Posted January 30, 2017 News just in about Doctor Who's 2017 season... 3
elsiegee40 Posted January 30, 2017 Posted January 30, 2017 BBC News story Peter Capaldi to leave Doctor Who http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38805151 2
DJ-1701 Posted January 31, 2017 Author Posted January 31, 2017 Shame about Capaldi... but what about this guy, I think he would make a great Doctor...
Duranis Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 I actually REALLY want a female Doctor, if for no other reason than to see people on the internet completely lose their minds 3
DJ-1701 Posted January 31, 2017 Author Posted January 31, 2017 I actually REALLY want a female Doctor, if for no other reason than to see people on the internet completely lose their minds Well there has been at least two cases of Time Lord regenration between sexes, so it's a possiblity.
6Foot2 Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 Shame about Capaldi... but what about this guy, I think he would make a great Doctor... [ATTACH=CONFIG]41130[/ATTACH] He would get my vote. Failing that here is another idea: # Link: 3
DalekSec Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 @DJ-1701 Didn't know you were a fellow Dr Who fan! Learn something new everyday Also #RickSanchez4TheDoctor 3
elsiegee40 Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 @DJ-1701 Didn't know you were a fellow Dr Who fan! Learn something new everyday Have I missed something? Although he does seem to have regenerated to a previous avatar! 1
LeMarchand Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 I was hoping we might get a season of "Moffat free" Capaldi as i feel he has been ill served by the writing. 1
DJ-1701 Posted January 31, 2017 Author Posted January 31, 2017 @DJ-1701 Didn't know you were a fellow Dr Who fan! Learn something new everyday Have I missed something? Although he does seem to have regenerated to a previous avatar! He's just pulling our legs. Also #RickSanchez4TheDoctor As a side note, this is one of the main characters from Rick and Morty (guess which one ), if you haven't seen it, it's available to watch on Netflix.
6Foot2 Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 ...he does seem to have regenerated to a previous avatar! Or traveled back along his own timeline? 2
6Foot2 Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 I actually REALLY want a female Doctor, if for no other reason than to see people on the internet completely lose their minds Plumbing the bookies' sites for candidate ideas/names:
DalekSec Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 Andrew Scott would be a good shout but I doubt it will be him
6Foot2 Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 ...anyone is better than the current one. Anyone? For the males: Piers Morgan? For the females: Heather Mills? 2
DalekSec Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 Anyone? For the males: Piers Morgan? For the females: Heather Mills? I think that's an insta ban 1
DJ-1701 Posted January 31, 2017 Author Posted January 31, 2017 Piers Morgan? Thanks... I'm going to have nightmares for a week now!
synaesthesia Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 Billy Connolly would make a great doctor. True indeed, just a shame about his condition
6Foot2 Posted January 31, 2017 Posted January 31, 2017 True indeed, just a shame about his condition Not well enough to commit to a multi-series run perhaps but, happily, not as poorly as I had imagined: ...Billy Connolly recently underwent minor surgery in America after being diagnosed with the very early stages of prostate cancer; the operation was a total success, and Billy is fully recovered. In addition Billy has been assessed as having the initial symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, for which he is receiving the appropriate treatment. Billy has been assured by experts that the findings will in no way inhibit or affect his ability to work, and he will start filming a TV series in the near future, as well as undertaking an extensive theatrical tour of New Zealand in the new year. Link: Billy Connolly News
synaesthesia Posted February 1, 2017 Posted February 1, 2017 That was 3 years ago. Have you seen his latest DVD? His humour has suffered none, if anything grown to suit. However he's not bounding around the stage like he used to, you can see the parkinsons really taking hold of him. Very immobile throughout the whole set.
6Foot2 Posted February 1, 2017 Posted February 1, 2017 The Guardian weighs in on why the next Doctor should be/must be female: Link: Doctor Who: why the new Time Lord can and must be a woman
LeMarchand Posted February 1, 2017 Posted February 1, 2017 That bookie's list isn't much different to last time! Wasn't Capaldi not mentioned until much later on such lists last time? If so they may well be a bit pointless at this stage. Anyway, had to look up a few of those but there aren't many on there that make me think "s/he's the one!". Don't agree with the Guardian that is has to be a woman (not that I think it shouldn't)- and why are all the suggestions black ladies? There are good actresses who are white/asian/oriental/other. Though a lady doctor would hit the "on trend" discussion about trans people/gender fluidity etc as well not being a patriarchal oppressor. As last time, there are a lot of people who would seem way too high earners to take the part (Idris, Hiddleston particularly) and probably too big or busy (Olivia Coleman, Robert Carlyle, David Harewood). At least the only one I can't stand is David Walliams (though I find Russell Tovey a bit annoying and he also would have to have a "no stripping" clause written into his contract if he got the job). At least Corden isn't on the list this time.
DalekSec Posted February 1, 2017 Posted February 1, 2017 I hope they did what they did with Matt Smith, cast an unknown! -Starts writing CV- 2
DJ-1701 Posted February 1, 2017 Author Posted February 1, 2017 I hope they did what they did with Matt Smith, cast an unknown! Who?
Garacesh Posted February 2, 2017 Posted February 2, 2017 (edited) #:censored:sOutTilRicksOut Plumbing the bookies' sites for candidate ideas/names: [ATTACH=CONFIG]41148[/ATTACH] Totally OK with a dark and dingy Helena-Bonham-Carter-Doctor. Edited February 2, 2017 by Garacesh 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now