Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
They’re not proper hobhobs if they are calorie free!! What does calorie free hobnob even mean!?!?

They are indeed the king legend of all biscuits and should have chocolate on the top and can survive dunking in a good honest cup of tea nom nom [emoji39]

 

Part of the thrill of dunking is the peril of getting the timing sufficient to soak the biscuit but removing it before the structure becomes too soft to support the weight of the biscuit

 

And I do not support the dunking of chocolate biscuits

 

although I think that was due to watching a friend at University dunking Mars bars in out coffee breaks from labs and slowly sucking the chocolate off

 

disgusting exhibition

 

(the women in our group were always fascinated for some reason!!!)

 

 

no wonder he ended up as the vicar at a public school!!!!

Posted
Hi there Edugeekers,

 

I'm back. It's great to see some familiar names still posting and active on the forum. I previously worked for (Serco) Advanced Learning, then Impero, before leaving edtech for a few years.

I'm shortly returning full time as Director of IT and Data Services for a MAT, and I'm really excited to be returning. I've worked in a secondary sixth academy before and also at a small MAT, but it's been a good few years so I'm here catching up.

 

I'll look forward to catching some of you in person at events, don't be shy!

 

Michael

 

:welcome: Welcome back :)

  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Hi all - I'm Archie, IT Technician at Shoreham Academy, part of the United Learning Multi Academy Trust.

 

Myself, and my three colleagues look after around 800 desktops, 400 laptops and 800 chromebooks, across 1700 students and 200 staff.

We're running UniFi Wireless, HP Switches, HP Hosts running HyperV, HikVision cameras and NVR and a Panasonic NS1000 Phone System.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Im not really new as ive been around the forum for a few years now however ive never introduced myself and we recently became a sponsor on the forum.

 

I work in Sales (everybody runs) and specialise in Networking and Wireless.

 

Passionate about what i do and IT in general im here to help and also learn from other users.

 

i see myself as an EDU Geek

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hello!

 

Longtime lurker but also longtime admirer of the forums.

Got into my first edutech job back in October after being a call centre skivvy for many years and I'm loving it!

  • Thanks 3
Posted

Hi All,

 

An Ash here.

After numerous attempts of trying to remember my old account password I gave up and made a new one (and username).

 

Pretty sure email is registered to my old place of workings so I can't do an emailed password reset (and I left there 8 years ago now)

 

Been loitering under the new user for a while with no real need to post comments or look at 2post minimum locked threads till today

 

Anyway hi again

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Hi All,

 

An Ash here.

After numerous attempts of trying to remember my old account password I gave up and made a new one (and username).

 

Pretty sure email is registered to my old place of workings so I can't do an emailed password reset (and I left there 8 years ago now)

 

Been loitering under the new user for a while with no real need to post comments or look at 2post minimum locked threads till today

 

Anyway hi again

 

Welcome back. If you contact @ZeroHour with what you remember of your old account, he can find it and merge it with your new one. It will help him to deal with another orphaned account as well as boosting your rep :)

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Thanks for the info - I shall work on making myself whole again

Although I don't think my previous account had that much rep to it either but if it helps keep things tidy then it's worth doing

  • Thanks 2
Posted

Hello

 

IT Apprentice doing my level 4 network engineering course.

 

My old network manager suggested edugeek for me and its good to lurk and read how people try to resolve issues, it has definitely helped me.

Posted

Hello,

 

Been registered for a while but not really been active but want to be more active and involved this year. Have worked in education for about 8 years starting as technician but now a Infrastructure engineer working to become a security specialist.

 

Hope to learn from everyone here and pass on my knowledge :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...