Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

long time lurker, first time poster. I hope that I can be of assistance to some people (I'm ex-Synetrix, ex Capita) and pleased to be a contributor to the UK's foremost IT in education forum!

 

cheers

 

Lee

Posted

I should have done this a few posts ago really! Hello! Long time retail IT repair chap now working in a school as IT support and finally feeling like I have a proper job... I have loads to learn and will no doubt ask a few newbie questions despite being in my 30's :)

 

I hope to pick all of your brains in the future... for information... not for brain parts...

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Hello, Tech working in a School in Shropshire, been lurking for a while, some really good information on here and I have plenty of questions to post in future.
Posted

Hi All,

 

My names Richard and I'm a lead software developer here at Impero Solutions. This forum is a great place for honest feedback from actual users of our software so I figured I'd sign up and say 'Hi' :)

 

Rich

Posted

Hi all!

 

I'am the IT for 3 schools here in my division! One high school, one primary and one jr/primary... Busy! I'm from Alberta Canada!

 

I finally decided to make an account... I was a creeper for a long while :p.

Posted
Hi all!

 

I'am the IT for 3 schools here in my division! One high school, one primary and one jr/primary... Busy! I'm from Alberta Canada!

 

I finally decided to make an account... I was a creeper for a long while :p.

:welcome: Welcome to edugeek. :welcome:

 

Congratulations on coming out of hiding; we look forward to seeing you around :)

Posted

Welcome all :D

 

Hi all!

 

I'am the IT for 3 schools here in my division! One high school, one primary and one jr/primary... Busy! I'm from Alberta Canada!

 

I finally decided to make an account... I was a creeper for a long while :p.

 

We all started out like that at some point :p so welcome

Posted

Hi, long time "lurker" here; finally got around to saying hello to all. My excuse is that I usually look at edugeek on my phone and trying to type on it is like trying to paint a house with a water cannon. I live in South Devon and support several primary schools, 1 part time permanent employee and the others self-employed.

As an old geezer I admit to actually using Windows 2.11 for work.... . Looking forward to seeing our glorious leader Mr. Gove next wednesday at BETT.

Will try and get to the Edugeek stand to recover afterwards. Hobbies: cutting down trees, working, turnip wrangling.

Posted
Hi, long time "lurker" here; finally got around to saying hello to all. My excuse is that I usually look at edugeek on my phone and trying to type on it is like trying to paint a house with a water cannon. I live in South Devon and support several primary schools, 1 part time permanent employee and the others self-employed.

As an old geezer I admit to actually using Windows 2.11 for work.... . Looking forward to seeing our glorious leader Mr. Gove next wednesday at BETT.

Will try and get to the Edugeek stand to recover afterwards. Hobbies: cutting down trees, working, turnip wrangling.

 

Hello and welcome :welcome:

 

I shall look out for you at BETT. It's good to meet fellow mature geeks and show the youngsters that those of us aged over 35 have heard of computers ;)

Posted
Hello! Not sure I belong here! I'm not a computer geek, sorry, expert, but a Data Manager in a secondary school. Have stumbled across Edugeek a few times thanks to Googling my questions, so thought I'd join you all, and feed off your knowledge! At some point, I might even have something to share, who knows! Anyway, I'm Ali, bit frightened I might be the only female on this territory, be nice!
Posted
Hello! Not sure I belong here! I'm not a computer geek, sorry, expert, but a Data Manager in a secondary school. Have stumbled across Edugeek a few times thanks to Googling my questions, so thought I'd join you all, and feed off your knowledge! At some point, I might even have something to share, who knows! Anyway, I'm Ali, bit frightened I might be the only female on this territory, be nice!

 

:welcome: Welcome to edugeek @Ali-Edge. Data managers are welcome here along with people who don't work in education.

 

There are more of us females around than you might think... admittedly we are outnumbered by the males, but not dreadfully so. :)

Posted

Hey up.

 

Another female. Another non-geek. You are going to be overrun (albeit very, very slowly...)

 

I'm a parent governor at a Special school. We have no geek. We are geekless.

 

We manage (from what I can tell) by putting up with some truly rubbish software, because it is all via a single supplier so no arguments about who supports what thing, and by never updating *anything* if we can possibly help it.

 

We're about to update a pile of stuff.

 

I am off now to go look at profile settings and see how to put something along the lines of "I am not a geek, please be nice to me" at the bottom of all my posts... There may be a few of them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...