mattx Posted November 1, 2010 Posted November 1, 2010 WTF is all this all about ? Just got used to the green and now I'm blinded with white !! AAAggghhhhh.....
EduTech Posted November 1, 2010 Posted November 1, 2010 muhaha! Kinect Dashboard coming very soon! ;-)
elsiegee40 Posted November 1, 2010 Posted November 1, 2010 Teenage son, had a difficult time downloading the update it insisted he needed. It failed many times from this afternoon onwards and wouldn't let him use XBox Live which impressed him no end (not) as he and his mates are well into Fable 3! It finally decided to perform about 9.15pm... he seems impressed with the new scheme of things, but didn't get much opportunity to play with it before being packed off to bed.
featured_spectre Posted November 1, 2010 Posted November 1, 2010 love it! although I am seriously considering a trade up with almost all of my PC games as I no longer play on the PC...
john Posted November 1, 2010 Posted November 1, 2010 Teenage son [snip...] but didn't get much opportunity to play with it before being packed off to bed. You manage to have that control over him wow! Can you come assist at my place and sort some of the students out to get them to bed, I'm convinced they are more tired today than they were before half term!
mattx Posted November 1, 2010 Author Posted November 1, 2010 (edited) I'm still crap at MW2 - still going to get Black Ops next week though. Will be gutted that I will have to start again on the multiplayer front - it's taken me [ and my oldest ] 2 weeks to level up to 30 !! Edited November 1, 2010 by mattx
SYNACK Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 As others have said the new layout is for the Kinect release and if you look in the system options there is now a setup bit for Kinect. The new layout is also much more minimalist and square which is probably to bring it in line with the Windows Phone 7 Metro look as they are teaming the products closely together. Personally I hate the new sound scheme for the menu actions etc. and have turned them off but other than that it seems to work fine. I had hoped that they would work on the speed of the guide menu popping up and being usable because it is quite sluggish if you want to invite someone into a game quickly. @mattx - have been watching your quick rise in levels in MW2, I only just got to level 61 after ages of playing. Black ops does look good though so I may never make it to level 70 or prestige.
mattx Posted November 2, 2010 Author Posted November 2, 2010 Lordy - level 61 !! I tend to find people above 40ish or so just pummel me constantly. Still love it though.....
SYNACK Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 Lordy - level 61 !! I tend to find people above 40ish or so just pummel me constantly. Still love it though..... Thats almost solely through perserverence rather than skill, from your ratios it looks like you have been doing like I did at first playing mostly in free for all, try the mercenary team deathmatch, it gives you way more points and is actually easier. I usually play the hardcore team deathmatch stuff now as I actually find it easier than the standard ones because it has the advantage of being a tad more realistic. When you empty three or four rounds into someone they actually die rather than just looking at you funny.
mattx Posted November 2, 2010 Author Posted November 2, 2010 Thats almost solely through perserverence rather than skill, from your ratios it looks like you have been doing like I did at first playing mostly in free for all, try the mercenary team deathmatch, it gives you way more points and is actually easier. I usually play the hardcore team deathmatch stuff now as I actually find it easier than the standard ones because it has the advantage of being a tad more realistic. When you empty three or four rounds into someone they actually die rather than just looking at you funny. I shall give that a go this evening [ if I can get my 10 year old off it ] - I though that the mercenary team deathmatch would be harder which is why I have been avoiding it !! Doh.
gl3nnym Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 I prefer the older look. This update failed many times to me too.
sted Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 well its nice and simple and updated 1st time for me (took ages though) but some of the useful tabs seem to of gone but i just downloaded it then had a very quick look (and accepted the new eula without reading lol)
pscott Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 Downloaded and installed first time, however I was only presented with one option after install, play from disc - no other options at all!!! Scared me a little, but logged out of live and back in and took 10 minutes, then everything up and running!
LosOjos Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 I haven't even seen it yet and I don't like it, what was wrong with the original 360 dashboard? I still think that was the best, all the last update did was allow them to cram more advertising down your throat. I've got no problem with minimalist design, but it sounds as though they've gone OTT with it
yugo Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 Think it just takes a while to get used to...then they'll change it again!
LosOjos Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 I installed the update last night (took 2 minutes, advantage of waiting until after launch day) and to be honest I don't see what all the fuss is about, it just looks like a new skin to me, nothing's actually changed (not in the way the last update changed things I mean)
featured_spectre Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 (edited) In regards to MW2...I gave up prestiging after I did it 8 times....~I have unlocked Fall camo on every weapon possible, unlocked all titles and emblems apart from the 9th prestige and 10th prestige ones. Only thing I am struggling with now is some of the spec ops, got 2 stars on most, but Echo Ops are just insanely hard...15 juggernoughts is just too much for 1 man! haha *edit* looking at my stats and hours, it is bugged at something like 16 hours and my K/D ratio is 0.69 according to my account... although XBL when I phoned them, they said it is at 16 days 22 hours and my KD is 3.97 and hopefully the bug will be fixed soon as I am not the only person to ring up about it. Edited November 3, 2010 by featured_spectre
ICT_GUY Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 MW2 I prestiged within 21 days and am back up to level 70. We have kids in year 6 who have prestiged 10 times.
edutech4schools Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 I was on the beta program and have had this for a few months. Can I just say dont do xbox beta, every day a complete new dashboard was downloaded.
edutech4schools Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 Also Battlefield has always killed MW although I do play both.
apeo Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 Meh my system updated on launch and took ages but did it first time. Still playing MW2 and i dont know how many times i've prestige but its taking ages. Dont think i have fall camo on even 1 weapon. I'm rubbish so im that guy who plays Hardcore TD and camps.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now