mattx Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 What about? the shirt or the haircut? Shirt from a charity shop & the hair cut for a bet.
Mcshammer_dj Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 What about? the shirt or the haircut? Agree Urine extraction can only commense when we we know what we are extracting for. could be ridiculous mac book pro!! or the ninties stereo in the background
Dos_Box Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Nice. I've now got a face. All I need is an address to send the heavies too! 1
Mcshammer_dj Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Could be someone still using that ancient Nokia Mobile on the desk.
mattx Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 Shame it won't connect to the wireless network - just keeps timing out. All I am doing is installing Final Cut Studio - then its going straight back to the owner.....
mattx Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 Could be someone still using that ancient Nokia Mobile on the desk. Almost - it's a BT phone - [ Diverse 5250 ]
SYNACK Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 I'm suprised your not wearing gloves, it is a Mac after all I've never managed to get a mac to connect to a wireless network with anything more sophisticated than WPA-PSK, anything above that level has always been misidentified or dropped without an error message.
tech_guy Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Argggghhh, you're now unclean! Unclean, I tell you!
NikChillin Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 That's an odd shaped card pinned to your shelf.... and a very irritating avitar I might add!
mattx Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 That's an odd shaped card pinned to your shelf.... and a very irritating avitar I might add! You got a dirty mind..... It was the ONLY Xmas card I got !!
mattx Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 Argggghhh, you're now unclean! Unclean, I tell you! Sok, there are showers here, I plan on taking one lunchtime....
tmcd35 Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Matt, If you need any help using a real unix OS instead of the M$ fair you're used to, don't be afraid to ask! We're here for you man! Trust me installing Final Cut on a Mac isn't as painful as it first seems...
mattx Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 Matt, If you need any help using a real unix OS instead of the M$ fair you're used to, don't be afraid to ask! We're here for you man! Trust me installing Final Cut on a Mac isn't as painful as it first seems... I only chose the default settings for Final Cut and it says it's going to take 16 hours and 22 mins !! Lordy, this is worse than installing a MS Service Pack !!
webman Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 So, that crapbook's playing up. Hang on... I thought apple stuff just worked? Hmmm... Lol. Hope you wash your hands after touching that anyway
tmcd35 Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 I only chose the default settings for Final Cut and it says it's going to take 16 hours and 22 mins !! Lordy, this is worse than installing a MS Service Pack !! I'm afraid Apple time keeping is the same as M$ time keeping. It may say 16hr 22mins but that *could* mean 16 days 22 hrs remaining OR it could mean 16min 22sec remaining. I love M$ guestimates on how long it will take to install/move/delete/copy anything!
mac_shinobi Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Matt, If you need any help using a real unix OS instead of the M$ fair you're used to, don't be afraid to ask! We're here for you man! Trust me installing Final Cut on a Mac isn't as painful as it first seems... Don't mind him - he is just anti mac all the way :troll:along with webman and a few others on here
mattx Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 Don't mind him - he is just anti mac all the way :troll:along with webman and a few others on here Oh, you mean like me.........
mac_shinobi Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Oh, you mean like me......... In a word .................... yes !!
somabc Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 I'm afraid Apple time keeping is the same as M$ time keeping. It may say 16hr 22mins but that *could* mean 16 days 22 hrs remaining OR it could mean 16min 22sec remaining. I love M$ guestimates on how long it will take to install/move/delete/copy anything! Is that why spotlight tells me it will take 129374902 hours to index my drive?
bossman Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 @mattx: Is that a copy of my fav cartoon character "Dilbert" in the background? never noticed the "IntelMac" erh!! "Crapbook" ohhhh!! look how shiny it is, does it really work or is that a screen shot pasted on the front? 1
mattx Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 @mattx: Is that a copy of my fav cartoon character "Dilbert" in the background? never noticed the "IntelMac" erh!! "Crapbook" ohhhh!! look how shiny it is, does it really work or is that a screen shot pasted on the front? Yeah, quite an old one - tried looking for it online but can't find it - its from 2005 by looking at the number. The thing is still installing Final Cut Pro - been doing so for about 3 hours now - I've changed disks countless times...... Got it on the wireless network but Safari is sulking when trying to get through our proxy server. Hmmmm - [ note - whilst installing Final Cut Pro I have ghosted 10 RM Ones........ ]
mattx Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 Just to confirm the crapness of this Apple Mac Book Pro, after hours and hours of it installing Final Cut Studio it's now hung WHAT A PILE OF CRAP !!
jamesb Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Easy, just get a toothpick and put it in the spring release hole. If it doesn't have take out the DVD drive and find the release point. Of course, since it likely doesn't have either of those, turn it into a doorstop.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now