SomeITBloke Posted September 23 Posted September 23 7 minutes ago, JazzFlute said: A quote from Airspan about cnMaestro “We are not buying the entire portfolio that Cambium had, but for everything that we are buying, we’ll continue to support the cloud-based cnMaestro, so any of the customers of these product lines should see no disruption at all,” Jain said. Source 1
Andycat Posted September 23 Posted September 23 but for everything that we are buying, we’ll continue to support the cloud-based cnMaestro They haven't bought the enterprise wifi
JazzFlute Posted September 23 Posted September 23 6 minutes ago, Andycat said: but for everything that we are buying, we’ll continue to support the cloud-based cnMaestro They haven't bought the enterprise wifi No, but it does provide some reassurance that the 1st October cliff edge may not happen. Hopefully, it will give the DfE, suppliers, and other stakeholders time to become involved and work towards a solution for everyone. Many schools, including ours, had their Enterprise Wi-Fi installed through CTC, and I doubt there is an expectation that schools can immediately fund a complete replacement with a compliant alternative. The CTC programme was largely aimed at schools with ageing infrastructure and slow network or Wi-Fi performance, many of which did not have the budget to upgrade to modern standards on their own. Given that background, it is difficult to see how those same schools would suddenly have the funding available to design, purchase, and deploy an entirely new wireless solution at short notice.
synaesthesia Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Indeed, it would still seem very sensible to ensure you're migrated before the 1st. Best case scenario, you've a system which still connects to an anchor account and you can onboard/remove devices. Worst case, you can't and we're in the same situation. 2
DavR Posted September 23 Posted September 23 On 17/09/2026 at 12:19, FragglePete said: I have my on prem cnMaestro up and running in it's initial state.... Things that I noted on mysetup so far. Had to convert to Hyper-V .VMDX files using Starwind V2V. - On start up of the VM on the Hyper-V console after a few seconds of a blinking cursor I just get a blank screen... No setup, nothing. It was however claiming an IP address from DHCP and using a web browser I could connect to the WebUI. Need to see if I can SSH to the box or something if need be? Just a quick note on this point, as I got as far as registering the anchor account and getting the on prem appliance running this afternoon, and had the same issue. The appliance starts, but boots to a black screen. This is discussed on this thread here - https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cnmaestro-6-0-on-prem-on-hyper-v/108854/6. You basically just need to remove "splash" or "quiet splash" from the boot options in grub bootloader. To do it once, hold down shift at boot, choose your OS entry from the list, and hit e to edit. You can set this as a permanent change by editing grub: sudo nano /etc/default/grub Remove "quiet splash" or "splash" from GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="" Save and exit You then need to regenerate the boot file: sudo update-grub HOWEVER. And this is important. Editing grub can cause it to create a boot config that calls the wrong drive UUID to boot, which will break the whole appliance. I managed to get it to save the right UUID eventually, but I'm not sure how. So only go here with caution, or if you know what you're doing with Linux grub bootloader. 1
Popular Post synaesthesia Posted September 24 Popular Post Posted September 24 A little reprieve, support for cnMaestro Cloud to continue throughout October whilst they hunt for buyers. https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/Cambium-Networks-Company-Statement-Sep-23-2026-Update.pdf 4 1
DavR Posted September 24 Posted September 24 A bit more breathing room, then. And puts the deadline for migrating to on prem into the half term hols (for most of us) which is a better than trying to get it done in September.
smarties11 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 6 hours ago, synaesthesia said: A little reprieve, support for cnMaestro Cloud to continue throughout October whilst they hunt for buyers. https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/Cambium-Networks-Company-Statement-Sep-23-2026-Update.pdf Good news on the cnMaestro side, particularly where they mention migration to on-prem, hopefully confirms their commitment to a new on-prem release that isn't cloud anchored. For us though the biggest issue is still lack of support and inability to maintain ongoing compliance. This could change I suppose if there is a buyer for enterprise Wi-Fi but I fear a buyer might dump support for existing products once they've reached any minimum periods agreed in a sale.
FragglePete Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Well, looks like it was updated again last night: https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/guidance-for-cnmaestro-enterprise-customers-updated-24-sep-2026/108849 Quote As per the notice referenced above, the cnMaestro Cloud may not support Enterprise devices post the end of October, 2026. The recommendation is to migrate your cnMaestro Cloud account to cnMaestro On-premises so that you can continue managing your network. This document provides guidance on doing that. And of note: Quote Before the Cloud Anchor shuts down, we plan to release an on-premises image for Wi-Fi and Switches only, without any dependency on the Cloud Anchor. This image will also provide all supported on-premises X features with no need for licenses. You will be able to upgrade the 6.0 version to this unrestricted build. Get busy people! As if we're not already! Pete 1
Andycat Posted September 25 Posted September 25 "In conjunction with those efforts, Cambium Networks is extending support of cnMaestro Cloud through at least October 2026, including support of the entire enterprise product portfolio. Cambium Networks’ objective is to find an acquiror for CN Maestro to ensure long-term access or, alternatively, allow the ability to transition from a cloud environment to an on-premises implementation deployment." tiny bit of good news at least, from the horses mouth. 1
Chris_Cook Posted September 25 Posted September 25 I've tested using AP Group 'User defined Overrides' to move APs from cloud to on prem. Still have to claim and reboot and delete from the original, but seemed to work for the test AP i tried yesterday, and it seemed to save me logging into the AP. https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/migrating-cnpilot-e-series-access-points-from-cnmaestro-cloud-to-on-premises/63164 Many thanks to those who posted above about how to get the on prem appliance up and running. The main thing I haven't figured out yet is moving guest access codes/vouchers over, but I don't think re-generating those is going to be too big of a problem for us. Otherwise just downloading the JSON files for AP groups and WLans and re-uploading them. Has anyone fully jumped ship to on-prem yet or are you all waiting till half term?
FragglePete Posted September 25 Posted September 25 I never had to reboot any AP. Just a patient waiting game when you delete it from the cloud, add the AP on prem and approve. Wait, wait and then assign the Profile and Sync. I've done all ours, so running on prem but of course now have issues with voucher based guest access because of no certificate. It works, but not pretty. The recommedation from Redway is setup a guest WLAN using PSK for the time being. Apart from that, all working ok with no issues. I'm watching carefully, if they release a non-anchored version with prepertual X licensing then I'll migrate it onto that box in the future. If however a buyer is found, then I'll migrate it back depending on their roadmap. Either way, plans will have to be made in the future to replace if need be. Pete 1
Popular Post Ratcliffepg Posted Monday at 10:38 Popular Post Posted Monday at 10:38 Had this from our supplier this morning Univastu India Limited has entered into an exclusivity arrangement with the Joint Administrators of Cambium Networks Ltd, appointed by RSM UK Restructuring Advisory LLP, and is advancing the proposed transaction through its wholly owned UK subsidiary. The transaction has not yet been completed. It remains subject to completion of due diligence, finalisation and execution of definitive agreements, receipt of applicable approvals, and formal closing. If the transaction is completed, Univastu’s priorities will include: • Maintaining continuity for customers and channel partners • Preserving critical technical knowledge and retaining experienced industry talent • Supporting product development, technical assistance and after-sales services • Stabilising manufacturing and global supply-chain arrangements • Establishing a credible, long-term roadmap for the relevant products and platforms • Communicating transparently with customers, distributors and other stakeholders Univastu recognises that the wireless-networking business requires specialised leadership, deep technical expertise and strong global channel relationships. We do not intend to operate the business as an extension of our EPC activities. Our objective is to support the business with experienced telecommunications professionals, preserve its core technological strengths, and establish a sustainable global operating platform. As this is an ongoing insolvency transaction, legal and confidentiality restrictions limit the information we can currently disclose. Univastu will provide an official and detailed update at the appropriate stage, in accordance with applicable regulations and the transaction process. We respect the legacy of Cambium Networks and value the trust that its customers, partners and employees have built over many years. Our approach will be guided by continuity, responsibility and a long-term commitment to the global wireless-networking ecosystem. Dr. Pradeep Khandagale Chairman & Managing Director Univastu India Limited 3 2
JazzFlute Posted Tuesday at 08:39 Posted Tuesday at 08:39 Just wondering, has anyone successfully migrated from cloud to on-prem since the announcement? I’m not asking about organisations that were already running on-prem, but specifically those who have installed an on-prem controller and migrated both Access Points and switches. I can’t seem to find anyone who has completed this successfully yet. From the latest update from Cambium, it sounds like there’s hope that cnMaestro and the enterprise product range will continue to be supported. Personally, I’m holding off on making any decisions until there are further announcements, although I’ve backed up everything I can in preparation.
Andycat Posted Tuesday at 08:43 Posted Tuesday at 08:43 Yes we're fully on prem now. After only 6 weeks in the cloud....
JazzFlute Posted Tuesday at 08:54 Posted Tuesday at 08:54 9 minutes ago, Andycat said: Yes we're fully on prem now. After only 6 weeks in the cloud.... Is everything working fine, no roaming, connectivity problems etc? Did you move switches on prem too?
Andycat Posted Tuesday at 08:55 Posted Tuesday at 08:55 Just now, JazzFlute said: Is everything working fine, no roaming, connectivity problems etc? Did you move switches on prem too? Yes all good. Switches too. They took a little longer but all on prem and working as in cloud.
falko1 Posted Tuesday at 08:55 Posted Tuesday at 08:55 (edited) Not moved yet, backed up what I can. We also have cambium switches (for the WiFi only) Redway advised us to sit tight and wait for more announcements in the hope that they get bought out. I'm getting prepared to make the migration in October half term to be honest was also hoping the on prem appliance without the cloud link would be available Edited Tuesday at 08:56 by falko1 1
FragglePete Posted Tuesday at 09:38 Posted Tuesday at 09:38 I'm fully on prem with 97 APs running on a Hyper-V VM. No issues reported from end users, the only thing I've noticed is that sometimes the management interface does seem to take a while to load but once up has no issues. I'm sort of in a holding pattern to see what happens - as to support the vouchers better I need to get a cert installed, but not sure best way of doing that just yet and how to automate them renewing on this box. If it ends up being supported, then I'll move it all back to Cloud. Pete 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now