Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

falko1

Members
  • Posts

    33
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by falko1

  1. Not moved yet, backed up what I can. We also have cambium switches (for the WiFi only) Redway advised us to sit tight and wait for more announcements in the hope that they get bought out. I'm getting prepared to make the migration in October half term to be honest was also hoping the on prem appliance without the cloud link would be available
  2. We finished deployment in Easter. I need to change the AP passwords and our switches powering them. Thank you @synaesthesia for the guide. I will try and stand up the local controller appliance.
  3. Hi all, We currently use LGFL's Mail Protect service and seem to have a few issues. We are considering moving to Sophos Central's Email Protection or maybe just relying on Google Workspace however I like the idea of having a Filter beforehand Does anyone use Sophos Central's Email Protection??
  4. We are new, on-boarded this summer. Trying to get our heads around it all and the last two days has been painful with the disruption. Safe to say I could do with setting something like this up. Can you help point me in the right direction
  5. Thanks all, will check these out.
  6. Hi, Our library is looking for a solution to have a screen that plays news all day, preferably BBC. Muted sound. Plan is to buy a signage screen and we have a spare chromebox already that can be used. Any recommendations to better/alternative solutions?
  7. Thanks, my team seems confident that disabling Senso stops the netio.sys bsod as the issue does not seem to return.
  8. Just at had a bunch of blues screens today. Came here looking for clues. Was also thinking it was Windows updates maybe. We use senso and sophos so I'll now be looking into this!!
  9. Hi, We are looking for a UK reseller to renew our license with, any recommendations? We previously purchased via https://www.softwareparadise.co.uk/ however they have now closed Thanks
  10. Hi, Does LGFL Gridstore allow backing virtual machines and performing a full system restore, how about domain controllers? Or is it still just folder/files? Thanks
  11. That GPO did the trick, thanks
  12. okay thanks, and thanks for the earlier reply
  13. does this work for you on Windows 10 1909?
  14. what location? and all you have is the GPO set? just to add.. when locking the screen the set lockscreen image will flash quickly then change to all blue
  15. Hi, we also use Windows 10 Education and have the GPO below set, which points to \\domain\netlogon\windows10\lockscreen\lockscreen.jpg. This has never been an issue until we started testing Windows 10 1909. We have tried setting it to a local path and no joy. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization > Force a specific default lock screen and logon image In Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen I can see that it has been set any ideas? edit: just to add.. when locking the screen the set lockscreen image will flash quickly then change to all blue
  16. We seem unable to add view only collaborators to google forms. The only option is edit access. This also happens if we use 'anyone with link can access'.. anyone can make a change to it. (Want to send out to students) Does anyone else have this issue?
  17. Hi All, Our Drama department has made a request to help them find an alternative to what they and also I had at our previous jobs which was these little flip cams https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flip-Video-Definition-Camcorder-Memory/dp/B0029U29A8 Can anyone recommend anything suitable for recording theater/drama classes, needs to be easy to use for the students/staff. I was thinking maybe a GoPro as they have a line input where we could attach stage mic etc. Whilst the video is great quality @ 4K I know they are more suited to adventure style video than theater production Thanks
  18. HI, did you manage to find it, I would like to embed sky news into our xibo? thanks edit: sorted it with
  19. As per title we will be moving to SIMS for the next academic year, and I was hoping to just put this out there to make sure I follow the correct procedures when backing up the system. I haven't looked too much into SIMS yet as it is my boss who has been organizing with other members of the school and the project has not really started yet. We have Veeam and I will be looking to make a new backup job (nightly incremental with Weekly Full) just for the SIMS VM that will be built, under Application aware processing I am going to enable "Require successful processing" and "process transaction logs with this job" is this correct? also, is Veeam enough? should we also implement another backup solution for the SIMS SQL DB ? I have seen in this thread that SQLBackupFTP is used also what are your thoughts and how do you backup your SIMS in general and for those with Veeam what do you do? thanks for any input/advice
  20. Thanks Mark
  21. I use bginfo for this. I have it set to record to SQL. From there I use ms access to pull of various reports on hardware (ram, model, maker etc.), deployed image version (I have bginfo detect a reg key I place in during image build) And tracking all logins, mainly for tracking students down when there is damage.
  22. unable to get email alerts from xibo working, can anyone help?
  23. Hi, yes I did mean the ability to send mail using php. Thanks for the links I will check them out. I would like to set the alerts up etc.
  24. I have installed xibo on ubuntu 12.04. can someone please help point me in the right direction for setting up for sending email for php thanks
×
×
  • Create New...