AlexB Posted April 13, 2018 Posted April 13, 2018 Hi folks I've been using ICT Direct for years, but it is clear they are moving out of 15.6" laptops and even the 14" laptops I'm interested in are rarely in stock, so I'm looking around for another refurb supplier. Any suggestions? I've come across pcsandparts.co.uk, anyone used them? Thanks Alex
ShellfishClive Posted April 13, 2018 Posted April 13, 2018 I've used https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/st/refurbished-laptops before (not for work for personal) and they have been pretty good, would recommend them. 1
caffrey Posted April 13, 2018 Posted April 13, 2018 Ebay ? I've had to resort to that lately even if it's a gamble as even ICT-Direct is getting beyond my budget... Think I got one or two from here Recycled Computing - we sell good quality tested and refurbished second-user computers, laptops & IT equipment at low prices - fast UK delivery 1
IrritableTech Posted April 13, 2018 Posted April 13, 2018 Another vote for laptops direct. Had some refurb Lenovo’s from them recently and they’ve been excellent. I’m afraid I’ve had issues getting in touch with the guys at ict direct - I guess they are a victim of their own success. 1
AlexB Posted April 13, 2018 Author Posted April 13, 2018 Another vote for laptops direct. Had some refurb Lenovo’s from them recently and they’ve been excellent. I’m afraid I’ve had issues getting in touch with the guys at ict direct - I guess they are a victim of their own success. Cheers, I've found similar.
Chris_ Posted April 13, 2018 Posted April 13, 2018 I haven't used them, but the offerings from @StoneComputers Encore look fairly decent : https://www.encore-pc.co.uk/laptops 1
Popular Post ICTDirect_Dave Posted April 13, 2018 Popular Post Posted April 13, 2018 Guys guys guys, lets not be too hasty now We'll always try and help! Hi folks I've been using ICT Direct for years, but it is clear they are moving out of 15.6" laptops and even the 14" laptops I'm interested in are rarely in stock, so I'm looking around for another refurb supplier. Any suggestions? I've come across pcsandparts.co.uk, anyone used them? Alex, I'm afraid 15.6" laptops have always been scarce. They're the least numerous initially sold of the quality business class models we source. Let me know what 14" models you're after, I'll see what's coming in, what we can buy and what alternatives are available Ebay ? I've had to resort to that lately even if it's a gamble as even ICT-Direct is getting beyond my budget... Think I got one or two from here Recycled Computing - we sell good quality tested and refurbished second-user computers, laptops & IT equipment at low prices - fast UK delivery Is that because our prices are too high? Or your budget is shrinking? We always try and keep on top of our prices to ensure we're competitive and if your budget is stretched we'll try and accommodate that. Another vote for laptops direct. Had some refurb Lenovo’s from them recently and they’ve been excellent. I’m afraid I’ve had issues getting in touch with the guys at ict direct - I guess they are a victim of their own success. I've looked through our email history with you & you're right. Last autumn particularly it took us a while to get back to you. Last year in particular saw our order volume grow beyond all expectation. We're in the process of hiring another member of the team who will man the office with John & I to ensure we respond to every communication in a prompt manner. Whilst we're undoubtedly in the business of making money, we realise that you guys come to us because we offer a combination of great prices, quality products, support & communication. You're probably right, we had a great year and perhaps didn't plan for it so well at times. However you can rest assured that we're always looking to improve in these four areas. As I mentioned, we're looking into bringing extra people into the office to help with support and general communications. We constantly review our products in order to get the best quality machines and offer you the greatest range of choice and we try and keep our prices reasonable by looking to buy in bulk wherever possible and always looking out for new opportunities to purchase hardware. If anyone has any questions or indeed any feedback I'm always happy to chat. Contact details in my sig as usual 11
caffrey Posted April 13, 2018 Posted April 13, 2018 Is that because our prices are too high? Or your budget is shrinking? We always try and keep on top of our prices to ensure we're competitive and if your budget is stretched we'll try and accommodate that. Pretty much low budget this year (well non existent), I really really hate complaining about anything especially on forums. I asked for a quote and by the time I'd got it I'd already sourced a PC on ebay, bought it got it delivered and installed by the time I got the quote I asked for a quote from yourselves on the 18th of Jan, and you got back to me a week later PC I got from ebay was a HP G1 i5 with 8GB of ram for 175 quid inc vat delivered and I was quoted 290 ext vat from yourselves for a HP 8300 with i7 and 16gb of ram with no HD Ok slightly different specs but the 8300 is older so the price shouldn't be double even with an i7 and 16GB I know you offer longer warranties and a guarantee which is why I like using yourselves. Sorry 1
FN-GM Posted April 13, 2018 Posted April 13, 2018 Please keep the suggestions coming. I am after a particular model of Dell Laptop to boost a fleet and ICT Direct can't get any. Thanks
Norphy Posted April 13, 2018 Posted April 13, 2018 There’s always the Dell Outlet Centre. I’ve not used them in a long time but EuroPC were good when I used them. 1
ICTDirect_Dave Posted April 16, 2018 Posted April 16, 2018 PC I got from ebay was a HP G1 i5 with 8GB of ram for 175 quid inc vat delivered and I was quoted 290 ext vat from yourselves for a HP 8300 with i7 and 16gb of ram with no HD Ok slightly different specs but the 8300 is older so the price shouldn't be double even with an i7 and 16GB I know you offer longer warranties and a guarantee which is why I like using yourselves. Sorry Not to worry we can't always compete with some eBay sellers, that's one of the reasons why we offer warranties & peripherals. There's sense behind the pricing there however. The 8300 with i7 and 16GB RAM is only 12 months older than an 800 G1 and is a much better system. The i7 is a far better CPU (scoring 2300 more on cpubenchmark), and the memory is identical to the 800. I am reviewing our higher tier prices at the moment however. As this is where the market has the most volatility. Please keep the suggestions coming. I am after a particular model of Dell Laptop to boost a fleet and ICT Direct can't get any. Which particular model is this out of curiosity? Apologies if we've spoken about it, but i do sometimes struggle to reconcile edugeek names with real people
AlexB Posted April 16, 2018 Author Posted April 16, 2018 Guys guys guys, lets not be too hasty now We'll always try and help! Alex, I'm afraid 15.6" laptops have always been scarce. They're the least numerous initially sold of the quality business class models we source. Let me know what 14" models you're after, I'll see what's coming in, what we can buy and what alternatives are available Is that because our prices are too high? Or your budget is shrinking? We always try and keep on top of our prices to ensure we're competitive and if your budget is stretched we'll try and accommodate that. I've looked through our email history with you & you're right. Last autumn particularly it took us a while to get back to you. Last year in particular saw our order volume grow beyond all expectation. We're in the process of hiring another member of the team who will man the office with John & I to ensure we respond to every communication in a prompt manner. Whilst we're undoubtedly in the business of making money, we realise that you guys come to us because we offer a combination of great prices, quality products, support & communication. You're probably right, we had a great year and perhaps didn't plan for it so well at times. However you can rest assured that we're always looking to improve in these four areas. As I mentioned, we're looking into bringing extra people into the office to help with support and general communications. We constantly review our products in order to get the best quality machines and offer you the greatest range of choice and we try and keep our prices reasonable by looking to buy in bulk wherever possible and always looking out for new opportunities to purchase hardware. If anyone has any questions or indeed any feedback I'm always happy to chat. Contact details in my sig as usual Hi Dave I perhaps should have said above, but I'd rather use ICT Direct, I've been very happy and particularly value the extended warranties. My only reason for looking around is not being able to get the type of laptops we would like. 1
AlexB Posted April 16, 2018 Author Posted April 16, 2018 I haven't used them, but the offerings from @StoneComputers Encore look fairly decent : https://www.encore-pc.co.uk/laptops Totally not important, but I love the company name!
FN-GM Posted April 16, 2018 Posted April 16, 2018 Which particular model is this out of curiosity? Apologies if we've spoken about it, but i do sometimes struggle to reconcile edugeek names with real people Dell Latitude E5450 :-)
ICTDirect_Dave Posted April 16, 2018 Posted April 16, 2018 Dell Latitude E5450 :-) 14" 5th gen i5 latitudes? We can get them Did you just check on the website as we don't put speculative products on there unless we've already bought a bunch in? How many might you need?
Oaktech Posted April 16, 2018 Posted April 16, 2018 I've not seen them mentioned here yet, but ocasionally when Dave doesn't have what I'm after, or if I need a competing quote to keep Dave honest I use Tier One. Refurbished Desktop PC and laptops - Buy a Cheap Second Hand Laptop UK, Tier1Online.com They're often competitive on actual price, but I don't like them as much. We have had more issues with Tier 1 - like if I buy monitors from them they repeatedly forget to include display port adapters that we ask for, and the machines are often in not quite the described cosmetic condition, and their multi year warranties are much steeper than ICT Direct. 3
FN-GM Posted April 16, 2018 Posted April 16, 2018 (edited) 14" 5th gen i5 latitudes? We can get them Did you just check on the website as we don't put speculative products on there unless we've already bought a bunch in? How many might you need? I emailed you about a month ago and you said you didn't have any. They are 15.6” inch screens I think. You did offer the E5440 but that isn't one we would want. Thanks Edited April 16, 2018 by FN-GM
ICTDirect_Dave Posted April 16, 2018 Posted April 16, 2018 You're right, we don't have the 15" version. They're pretty rare. I could certainly look for them for you. But the Model you gave E5450 is the 14" Gen 5 version. The 15.6" Gen 4 version is E5540 I'm asking our purchasers to look into them. How many would you want?
AlexB Posted May 3, 2018 Author Posted May 3, 2018 Yeah, warranty is still my big draw to ICTDirect. Struggling to get anything above 12 months elsewhere 1
ICTDirect_Dave Posted May 3, 2018 Posted May 3, 2018 These guys do 3 years They're not the only ones! 2, 3 & 5 year options here!
SuperChris1980 Posted May 29, 2019 Posted May 29, 2019 Hi Alex I can help you with this, what specs are you after all our refurbs come with 3 years warranty Kind Regards Chris
DrBeaker Posted June 3, 2019 Posted June 3, 2019 I've used https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/st/refurbished-laptops before (not for work for personal) and they have been pretty good, would recommend them. We used them once for a bunch of Fujitsu laptops. When we had problems with them, they didn't want to know about it. Left a very bad taste for me. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now