Pyroman Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 Thought i was going mad earlier. Tried to take a plasma screen bracket apart and a 4mm Allen key wouldn't fit, neither would a 5mm. I thought i'd never seen a 4.5mm allen key but did a quick google and found a thread about push bikes with a similar issue. Turns out it's a 3/16ths allen key!? Who still uses bolts in imperial sizes?!
Oaktech Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 Is it a Unicol bracket? They use 3/16ths as a theft deterrent.
fairm010 Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 Is it a Unicol bracket? They use 3/16ths as a theft deterrent. Coz no sod has got a 3/16th key? Genius
Oaktech Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 Coz no sod has got a 3/16th key? Genius Well, It's foiled @Pyroman
ICTDirect_Dave Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 I can't be the only one who read the thread title as Imperial Plasma Bolts can I? I got excited or a second, thought there was gonna be some cool scifi suff 2
Tesla Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 I can't be the only one who read the thread title as Imperial Plasma Bolts can I? I got excited or a second, thought there was gonna be some cool scifi suff Me too, you're not completely mad. (unless we both are....) 1
achedgy Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 Have come across this a few times, very annoying!!! But got one now as part of a security bit set
Pyroman Posted July 3, 2015 Author Posted July 3, 2015 (edited) I can't be the only one who read the thread title as Imperial Plasma Bolts can I? I got excited or a second, thought there was gonna be some cool scifi suff Haha! Sorry to disappoint you all. Yeah it was a Unicol bracket @Oaktech, i've managed to borrow a 3/16ths hex key from the DT department so we're all good now. @achedgy, I have actually got a set of security bits for the last annoyance that was a hex hole with a pin in the middle but none of those bits are imperial either! Edited July 3, 2015 by Pyroman
Oaktech Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 Yeah it was a Unicol bracket @Oaktech, i've managed to borrow a 3/16ths hex key from the DT department so we're all good now. I'm going to claim a little win there...
achedgy Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 @Pyroman hey have you got one of the little sets in the silicone case.. Those don't, but you can get a bigger set in a plastic case and they do have the imperial bits.. Been very useful, but it does seem daft when I use literally 5 bits out of the set!!!
Pyroman Posted July 3, 2015 Author Posted July 3, 2015 @Pyroman hey have you got one of the little sets in the silicone case.. Those don't, but you can get a bigger set in a plastic case and they do have the imperial bits.. Been very useful, but it does seem daft when I use literally 5 bits out of the set!!! Yeah i got the set in the silicone case, i've literally only ever used the one bit that I needed on one occasion! Managed to borrow one of these, much better than a standard allen key
john Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 This is the reason I always have metric and imperial hex keys in my toolbox The other ones to have are the ones with a hole in the key for the bolts with a pin in the middle ala Sahara
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now