Popular Post Dos_Box Posted January 13, 2015 Popular Post Posted January 13, 2015 (edited) We all like freebies, the shinier the better, from the basic pens and bag to potato powered clocks you need to know where to find them. We on the EduGeek stand will be giving away a very nice selection of freebies From our usual lanyards to unique EduGeek/VeryPC socks and our strictly members only EduGeek AFK metal pin badges - only available to those who meet us in the flesh at BETT! - we think we have some nice things to give to you all this year: But if you do find something shiny on other stands, don't keep it to yourself, let us all know here --- Subscribe to this thread for email updates and notifications on the mobile app. http://awscdn.cdngeek.net/img/a/eggen/apps_gpl_120.png http://awscdn.cdngeek.net/img/a/eggen/apps_appl_120.png Edited January 13, 2015 by elsiegee40 8
Edu-IT Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 My favourite thread of the year! Other than anything by @VeryPC of course as it usually ends up with free sweets. 1
X-13 Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 strictly members only EduGeek AFK metal pin badges - only available to those who meet us in the flesh at BETT! - we think we have some nice things to give to you all this year: [ATTACH=CONFIG]28308[/ATTACH] I've never needed anything as much as I need this. 1
TechSupp Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 Ooooooh...Looks like I will be calling round again, pizza on as usual?
timbo343 Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 (edited) Is it worth having edugeek names and profile picture on badges and those who have edugeek lanyards to wear them or is that only for those on the stand? Ive still got the EDIT2014 badge somewhere. Edited January 13, 2015 by timbo343
tj2419 Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 Love this thread. Going to BETT for the first time in a few years and missed out on the edugeek stand last time! These sound like good freebies
elsiegee40 Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 It is always helpful is edugeeks are willing to label themselves with their avatar and/or posting name. The hardest bit is calling someone by their proper name!
X-13 Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 It is always helpful is edugeeks are willing to label themselves with their avatar and/or posting name. The hardest bit is calling someone by their proper name! True... even one of my suppliers refers to me as X-13 internally. [You know who you are.] Though, I've called a 'geeker or 2 [such as the wonderful @witch ] by their first name when I'm asking for a favor. 1
witch Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 I usually print out my avatar or mod pic and put it in my badge so people know who I am. Although I don't think there will be many "women of a certain age" with wild red hair and an edugeek lanyard or four hanging around her neck - I am fairly recognisable 1
TheScarfedOne Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 My best find still has to be the Intel laptop bag that I got at the last Olympia show, after winning a bet with @vikpaw about the HP teddybears...
witch Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 I need more soft toys! I have a Ruckus dog, an HP teddy, a Consortium teddy and a Softcat cat.(Are Mulesoft going to BETT?) What else can I get? Looking forward to one of those cool badges too. Not sure what I will do with another lanyard - plait them maybe? What I DON'T need is more pens. I have hundreds. I suppose I could be nice and put them in the staff room... 1
timbo343 Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 There were A2Z piggies, casio projectors and a frog which were all stress related. We got 2 copies of serif software one year. Smoothwall had bricks and balls which can be thrown . I also won a 15 itunes voucher which still hasnt been spent. I noticed the impero are doing white mugs this year. 1
dry Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 My firstest everest BETT this year! Heard lots of good things about the freebies
fiza Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 I usually print out my avatar or mod pic and put it in my badge so people know who I am. Although I don't think there will be many "women of a certain age" with wild red hair and an edugeek lanyard or four hanging around her neck - I am fairly recognisable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvXpEb_YWzI
Joanne Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 omg.. I actually CANNOT WAIT. Only 8 days to go! (for me)
russdev Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 There were A2Z piggies, casio projectors and a frog which were all stress related. We got 2 copies of serif software one year. Smoothwall had bricks and balls which can be thrown . I also won a 15 itunes voucher which still hasnt been spent. I noticed the impero are doing white mugs this year. Yes we do along with other things such as selfie stand.. Russell
MattDLEA Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 We all like freebies, the shinier the better, from the basic pens and bag to potato powered clocks you need to know where to find them. We on the EduGeek stand will be giving away a very nice selection of freebies From our usual lanyards to unique EduGeek/VeryPC socks and our strictly members only EduGeek AFK metal pin badges - only available to those who meet us in the flesh at BETT! - we think we have some nice things to give to you all this year: [ATTACH=CONFIG]28308[/ATTACH] But if you do find something shiny on other stands, don't keep it to yourself, let us all know here --- Subscribe to this thread for email updates and notifications on the mobile app. http://awscdn.cdngeek.net/img/a/eggen/apps_gpl_120.png http://awscdn.cdngeek.net/img/a/eggen/apps_appl_120.png So I have to talk to you in person?
elsiegee40 Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 The AFK will require you talking to one of the stand staff and knowing your posting name. It's astonishing how many people say they are edugeeks and then don't know their posting name!
X-13 Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 The AFK will require you talking to one of the stand staff Do we get the cool Edugeek AFK forum badge as well?
elsiegee40 Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 Do we get the cool Edugeek AFK forum badge as well? I assume so... I haven't been told that, but it seems logical.
Chunky Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 (edited) Chunky. This is my posting name. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My posting name is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my posting name is useless. Without my posting name, I am useless. I must use my posting name true. See you there Friday & Saturday! PS: I'm after one of those kick-ass badges! Edited January 14, 2015 by Chunky
rickjames Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 I got a Casio tote bag a few years ago that actually came in quite handy carrying small bits around between the office and all sorts before losing it last year. Could do with a few pens, all mine seem to get taken when I'm not around. Softcat is good as well a Lightspeed rocket whenever anyone gets on my nerves.
HarryMonkey Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 My avatar is tattooed onto my shoulder so maybe I should wear some off the shoulder number
vikpaw Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 Love this thread. Going to BETT for the first time in a few years and missed out on the edugeek stand last time! These sound like good freebies How do you live with yourself ?! I hear Groupcall will have mugs and a football i think, but you have to answer questions and hand a form in. 1
elsiegee40 Posted January 14, 2015 Posted January 14, 2015 I won a Kindle Fire from the Teachers' Pensions stand last year. You didn't even have to be eligible for one of their products to enter the draw ... which I wasn't
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now