AXE Posted November 11, 2014 Posted November 11, 2014 Recently upgraded Eclipse.NET server to 14.11.3.843. Several problems with this new version. Mainly... Photographs for resources or borrowers no longer display. You can't view them, or edit them. You CAN delete them, even though you can't see them. Is anyone else running this version? Are you experiencing the same issue? Does MLS even test their software before they release it? At least I didn't have to re-register thousands of fingerprints... this time.
Edu-IT Posted November 11, 2014 Posted November 11, 2014 Where did you get this update? I'm on 14.8.27.942 and I thought that was the latest!
AXE Posted November 11, 2014 Author Posted November 11, 2014 Where did you get this update? I'm on 14.8.27.942 and I thought that was the latest! It seems that MLS roll out updates to blocks of customers sporadicaly in a 'promotional' type email with heavy promotion of their paid-for installation or hosting options. They no longer provide downloads for Eclipse.NET on their website. Last version we were offered was 14.5.28.1403, which had A LOT of problems.
Edu-IT Posted November 11, 2014 Posted November 11, 2014 Upgraded and don't have any of the problems you've listed.
AXE Posted November 11, 2014 Author Posted November 11, 2014 Upgraded and don't have any of the problems you've listed. Good to know, might be a quick fix then. I've already opened a support ticket.
dastrix Posted November 11, 2014 Posted November 11, 2014 Good luck with that we have an open ticket for nearly a year now, useless.
timbo343 Posted November 11, 2014 Posted November 11, 2014 (edited) Ive just had this through from them.. https://resources.microlibrarian.net/management/WebHelp/EN/index.htm?context=2510 God knows which version we are on, I know it doesn't use Silverlight though EDIT: We are only on version 12.3 as i heard silverlight doesn't work correctly. Edited November 11, 2014 by timbo343
AXE Posted November 11, 2014 Author Posted November 11, 2014 Good luck with that we have an open ticket for nearly a year now, useless. I know. Their helpdesk system doesn't work, neither does the [email protected] address.
LeMarchand Posted November 11, 2014 Posted November 11, 2014 They have someone who occasionally posts here: @MLSInstallations. Might be worth a PM?
Sylv3r Posted November 11, 2014 Posted November 11, 2014 Isn't the intention to move to a live update scenario where when a new update is released your server will upgrade to the latest version? I think thats what the support guy said to me the last time I needed to speak to them unless i've got my wires crossed and it was anther conversation with another company.
bennz Posted November 12, 2014 Posted November 12, 2014 Isn't the intention to move to a live update scenario where when a new update is released your server will upgrade to the latest version? I think thats what the support guy said to me the last time I needed to speak to them unless i've got my wires crossed and it was anther conversation with another company. I have been told were on the latest version as of 03/11/2014 if you did an update before then you're probably on an older version. The newer version has an "update" tab within the configuration tool try that if its there.
AXE Posted November 12, 2014 Author Posted November 12, 2014 All working now. Turned out to be an issue with the Eclipse.NET installer not configuring IIS correctly when using a site other than the default. Needed to change the Application Pool identity to LocalSystem. 1
MLSInstallations Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014 All working now. Turned out to be an issue with the Eclipse.NET installer not configuring IIS correctly when using a site other than the default. Needed to change the Application Pool identity to LocalSystem. AXE, glad to hear that this has been sorted for you. If you have any queries please do message me, I'll get back to you as soon as I can. If anybody else has any queries also, don't hesitate to drop me a PM.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now