DaveTheTech
Members-
Posts
410 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DaveTheTech
-
Cable ties, thats fancy - gaffa tape or just leave it hanging!
-
The folders showing as documents is a known bug. Its fairly well documented. Some of the work arounds are removing access to the administrators group, setting the owner correctly and then viewing that in the columns. My preferred way is to set their home drive to include My Documents. This would keep their name in in Staff Home. Could you post a screenshot of the permissions, or a copy and past of icacls?
-
What version of PowerShell are you using?
-
Load full-screened webpage on login.
DaveTheTech replied to ChesRuff's topic in How do you do....it?
Beaten to it, but I'd like to say that this would still allow the user to close the window or exit the full screen view. -
Could this be the credentials to access the deployment share? From memory that is in the bootstrap.ini file.
-
Surely there should be a backup if the internet fails?
-
There should be an option to edit print jobs on the printer. However, the model does need to support this.
-
Its been a couple of years since I looked, but it was only the american version that was supported for a school type scenario. In the UK it was a much more hands on process.
-
...https://ship.shapewright.com/?name=I+have+the+best+ship Also, dont go to this website - you loose 30 minutes of your day
-
Transferring Data from Nova-T6 to SQL Error Code
DaveTheTech replied to treevz08's topic in MIS Systems
Haven't got any expereince with T6, so may be well off. But if you are transferring to a SQL database, do you have the correct permissions on the destination DB? -
The Wildlife (and Gardening for Wildlife) thread
DaveTheTech replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
Quite a few Save Me videos! -
I had thought this was mapped to their documents folder? So if that has been redirected to \\myserver\students\billy\Documents it would open that folder?
-
School Cloud - Parents Evening with Chrome 85.0.4183.121
DaveTheTech replied to Max_Power's topic in Educational Software
SchoolCloudSystemsIs there any news on this update? Has it been released? -
Recommend me a camera for Music to record their A Level recitals
DaveTheTech replied to kennysarmy's topic in Hardware
If using external audio, I would consider getting a clapboard - makes it much easier to align the audio and the sound is sharp. -
Microsoft Wireless Adapters - Anyone use them?
DaveTheTech replied to sonie's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I am pretty certain that I have seen a label on more than one model of projector that said 5v. -
If you already have a TRV, its a simple screw on / off job. If not, then you'll need to drain the rad and swap it.
-
how do I deploy an exe? or use a exe in a deploy..
DaveTheTech replied to chazzy2501's topic in Windows
Are you sure that switch is valid? Usually /qn is for MSIs. There is a program called ussf - Universal Silent Switch Finder. Can be useful for just identifying what packager has been used for the Exe- 10 replies
-
- batch
- coreldraw2020
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
That would mean that you dont have departments set. Try groups?
-
My bad - had a brain fart whilst reading your post! Does changing both of the displays whilst extended to 100% stop this? There is a registry fix here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5990-change-dpi-scaling-level-displays-windows-10-a.html
-
Does running the command 'displayswitch /clone' work? If so, you could have that set to run at login for the users.
-
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3070-vs-Nvidia-GTX-970/4083vs2577 https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X/3503vs4085 I might see a bit of a preformance increase
-
Just came here to post the LTT and GN links....but I was beaten to it. Having just watched LTTs, I might wait until team red release their new GPUs. An entire machine built using Team Red? Been a while since that made sense.
-
A group of us recently spun up a Call of Duty 4 server. It was the first game that I bought for multiplayer! Found some of the remastered maps - I forgot how much fun that game was.
-
I wish I had found that a few years back. Ended up scripting something the checked for new files, stopped the slideshow and started the new one - if the folder was emptied then it would play a default show. I would have the PC auto login to a user that has the needed programs in the startup folder.
