-
Posts
371 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ShellfishClive
-
New Projector ideas and suggestions
ShellfishClive replied to chewee's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
LCD are brighter and generally last a lot longer but more pricey generally.- 20 replies
-
- equipment
- new equipment
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Almost finished Altered Carbon. I've got 2 episodes left and I would recommend it to anyone who likes the Sci-Fi genre.
-
I've only ever had to buy one thing from Maplin which was a female to female audio connector. It cost me around £12 but I needed it there and then, turns out you could get the same for like £2 elsewhere. It's their own fault, lower your prices and you will get more custom.
-
New Projector ideas and suggestions
ShellfishClive replied to chewee's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I've used Hitachi before not specifically that model but they seem okay. I do normally stick to Epson as they are the most reailable ones I have found, the bulbs are a little pricey but do last a long time if they need to be replaced. For stanard I would go Epson EB-X39, if you need a short throw an EB-675W is amazing, expesnive but I've never had an issue with that series.- 20 replies
-
- equipment
- new equipment
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Brian Bilston: HOW MUCH I DISLIKE THE DAILY MAIL
ShellfishClive replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
It's....beautiful. A true masterpiece!- 1 reply
-
- brian bilston
- daily mail
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Have you forced GP updates on those machines? Are they also picking up other policies in the same GPO?
-
Brother Label Printer not installing where I want it to go
ShellfishClive replied to Kayleigh's topic in Windows
I know you got in touch with their support but try again. The only other thing you could try is a machine that is not on the network at all and connect via that see if it makes a difference. -
Brother Label Printer not installing where I want it to go
ShellfishClive replied to Kayleigh's topic in Windows
On their website there is a printer driver cleaup tool Downloads | QL-700 | United Kingdom | Brother (Assuming Win10 x64) that could help you fix the issue, it seems really bizzare that it doesn't pickup as a printer when the driver is installed. If it's happening on more than one machine on two different OS' then it seems like it could be a problem with the printer itself. I unfortunately don't have one of this at any of my sites so I'm not 100% on how they should be setup, it shouldn't be harder than just installing the driver though so it must be an issue with the printer/driver. -
With GDPR being enfocred in the very near furture this is going to be an issue for most IT support. The only real way we have found to combat this is to make USB sticks not work whatsoever. If a staff member brings a USB stick in and take data home then leaves the school there isn't much you can do about it. So the best solution we have come up with is to stop USB sticks working at all via GPO. If you really need USB sticks to work you could create a school policy that says you have to use a USB that was assigned by the school and it must be returned to the school when you leave, other than that there isn't much you can do.
-
Brother Label Printer not installing where I want it to go
ShellfishClive replied to Kayleigh's topic in Windows
If it's just a standard USB printer then the driver should make it work. Do you have another machine you could test it on as a fresh install just to double check it's not an issue with the machine it's currently on. -
Recommend exchange protection software
ShellfishClive replied to round2it's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Microsoft Forefront should allow you to do this, however if you configure the exchange server with IP blocks and Connection Filtering you should be able to keep spam to a minimum. -
We use Chromebooks in a fair amount of the schools that we support and they all love them. They are easy to setup and once the staff get their head around everything being in the cloud then they will like them as well.
-
Apple TV 4th Gen HDMI to VGA Adapter
ShellfishClive replied to arh1a's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Not all converters work with Apple TVs, they are a bit of a nightmare when you want to digital to analog. You could do it through HDMI -> DVI if that helps, I just don't think that it would work with VGA. -
Brother Label Printer not installing where I want it to go
ShellfishClive replied to Kayleigh's topic in Windows
Are you installing the printer via a network or USB? If it's on the network see if you can ping it, if it's USB make sure you can see the printer under "Device Manager". I am also assuming you have used this driver: Downloads | QL-700 | Others | Brother -
You could try rebuilding the index on that machine via control panel. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Indexing Options\Advanced\Rebuild
-
I live in York and I would say most people don't seem to take picture of the city from the top of the barre walls. If you go up on those you can take some nice photos over the river and gardens within the city. You should definitely take photos of the Minster as it's an amazing building that everyone needs to take a picture of when they visit.
-
We use Zioxi and they have been amazing, it's quick delivery and the trolleys are really easy to build. They don't have a charge timer so they are constantly charging so that's something to be aware of. The trolleys themselves though look pretty slick and are very mobile.
-
When the lump of rock fell from an iceberg and almost hit them! It was awful to think that could have smashed the submarines glass.
-
Have you tried a different wireless network or tethering to a phone? Just to rule out it's not a problem with the connection at all? I doubt it will be but it's worth a shot, see if you get the same results.
-
They are great, even if the bin overflows they don't mind they just take the overflow too.
-
One of our walls is just racking with 3 shelves about 2 meters long, and opposite that we have another wall of drawers about 40 in total again about 2 meters long. I've yet to fully fill all these drawers and shelves and that's with about 80 schools under our belt.
-
We use one in the office which was a mistake because it's gotten to the point where hearing the words "Ok, Google." are driving me round the bend. That said, everyone was born and bred here and we are all around the same age yet it knows who is who, the voice recognition is amazing.
-
That is actually really cool, they did a great job.
-
You could try revert then, it could be a dodgy update. What OS are the on, there might be some info on it somewhere.
