Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ShellfishClive

Members
  • Posts

    371
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ShellfishClive

  1. It definitely seems like it is an issue with Safari requesting web pages. Are they all up to date?
  2. There seems to be a lot of talk about this around with users having this issue and using another browser seems to fix it. Do you have any extensions for Safari? Try disabling them to see if that fixes you issue.
  3. In his above post it seems like it did resolve it.
  4. Group Policy should be fine for this, and @Liam had a great idea of just changing the file name when you want to switch it. What policy were you using when you were having problems?
  5. This is something that I think is okay, it's not "creepy" and the camera's just monitor doors, in the OP you can see a camera clearly above the urinal which is a step too far.
  6. I don't think their support is the greatest but I have never had any issues with it, then again I could just be that one lucky person.
  7. Try running this terminal command to fix it:
  8. Do you have any margins set in the print options? Also what software are you using to open the PDF file?
  9. You should be able to reset your password at https://outlook.live.com
  10. Used to use RSSOwl way back when.
  11. See if there is a BIOS update as well, always best to keep them up to date.
  12. My school back in the day was newly built mid way through as the old site burnt down (A kids dream that actually came true), the toilets there were literally just line of door like @witch said, no male or female specific toilets. Just doors, to a bog.
  13. It shouldn't be allowed, that is a huge invasion of privacy, I'm guessing the school has behavioral issues but this is a step too far.
  14. I watched this the other night, what an amazing show. I felt so sorry for the walrus' trying to find ice, it was awful to see.
  15. One of the sites I visit has it and the rest have inventry and I have to say the inventry kit is better in my opinion, to use technically and as a user. Entrysign to me seems a bit clunky and slow, at the face it doesn't a look as appealing as inventry either. Is there a reason you would rather have EntrySign?
  16. Try clearing the cache on Chrome, also those sites are blocked by default on some filtering systems the link comes under blogs even if it works on Windows 7 it might be worth allowing the link through.
  17. Could we see a screenshot?
  18. You could take one of the PCIE Brackets at the back of the machine, and get a USB extension cable to go from the outside to the inside through that and tie it in. AI_Netsupport did reply though and that seems like a better solution.
  19. What machines are you using?
  20. I don't think there is a way to do this, we use USB dongles for Cubase licenses and we currently have the same issue. The only solution we came up with was to cable tie the USB stick to the case, through the key ring hole at the back. They would physically have to cut the cable tie to get it out now.
  21. Have you tried opening Excel first and then File > Open, that seems to solve similar problems for us at the moment.
  22. I'm sure it will be able to be enabled somehow or somewhere. It has to be, doesn't it.
  23. It almost certainly seems like it must be linked to the logged in user. I know there is an option to turn off Copy & Paste but I don't have access to login at the moment, Chrome logging out could be something to do with Ephemeral Mode: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3538894?hl=en
  24. I do actually think that they have removed this as a feature, I have a few laptops on different versions of Windows 10 here and I can't see it on the lock screen. I've had a look around for you and found nothing, sorry.
  25. Amber light means that it is standby mode, if it is the power light that is amber. If it's another light it will mean something different, can you get on the server with a monitor + mouse? If you can install HP System Management it should give you an exact reading of what is going on.
×
×
  • Create New...