Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICTNUT

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    1,433
  • Joined

Everything posted by ICTNUT

  1. hmmm this is something I need to look at, I have rolled out 2x Thin Client to about 40 + Pc's and this has impacted on my RIS setup. I want to look at ghost corporate (I already have a copy) to wiz images out to PC's but my question is this, having never used this before does it rely on DHCP like RIS?? or does it use it's own method of grabbing clients? Next does anyone know of a definitive guide to getting it to work, at the moment I used RIS to do Vanilla XP SP2 installs and then scripting/GPO topush apps out, as each IT suite contains the same make/model/revision of PC i would be nice to grab an image of a single pre built PC and zap it to all the others. Any pointers would be good...!
  2. @kerrymoralee9280: Of Topic But if you have not rebooted your TS server in 3 Months I take it you don't patch it?? I know that there have ben fixes for W2k3 that have required reboots.... Just a thought....
  3. On the Becta FITS website they have a section covering helpdesk and in particular logging support requests. They have supplied various Excel and Word documents in order to acheive this task and what I have done is mirrored these requirements into my Helpdesk. The guys @ BECTA that deal with the FITS side of things have been contacted in order to check the helpdesk to ensure it is fully inline with the framework and nothing has been missed out, I am awaiting feedback at the moment. The next stage is to implement SLA Management and Escalations which will extend the coverage of the Helpdesk within the FITS framework.
  4. @Jake: Thanks for the update. The small_tick.gif would have been in the admin area and yes I did do a change for the calendar button so it should indeed be looking for icon_event.gif. I will make sure that these are included in the next release. Thanks for the 64bit update I will add it to the support section of the forum on my site. Many Thanks again.....
  5. @Jake: if you could provide me with some screen shots for the missing images and the footer problem I can make sure it gets fixed in the next release. I have yet to test this on 64Bit windows of any type as I do not have access to it but if you could let me know what you did to correct the problem you had I will post the solution on my forum so others can benefit from it also.
  6. New release is out v0.9.2b. This has a number of fixes in it mainly to do with the helpdesk logic and cosmetic looks over IE and Firefox. A full changelog can be found here --> http://www.opsoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29.msg40.html#msg40 You can download the helpdesk from here --> http://www.opsoftware.co.uk/pages/download.php If you are using the helpdesk it is well worth sigining up to the forum and provide some feedback, without this I don't have any idea if to carry one with development or not, let me know what you think and if ther is anything you want included.
  7. I would agree with cadjs with the DOCTYPE. If you do not have a correct DOCTYPE then it forces IE into "quirks" mode and is not standards compliant at that point, this is them same for all versions including IE7 You may still need to use CSS hacks to get round the problems you may have the easiest being having 2 CSS files one for all browsers and one for IE. The one for IE only needs the CSS hacks in it so it displays correctly, to get your code to work out which browser is being used do the following: < link to your main css file here> [!-- If IE -] < link to your IE css here> ] What the above does is displays the IE css when required and is a quick way of ensuring your CSS hacks ONLY affect IE browsers.
  8. You can simply select the users in ADUC --> right click --> properties and then I think it's profile tab. Enter the path to the man profile you have and hit ok this will add it to ALL the selected users. You can also us ADModify as stated above as this will do what you need and a bucket load more too.
  9. @Geoff, Craig_W: This makes sense now, effectively the LEA is merely an ISP type of affair. In that case I agree with localzuk contact the provider and ask them to increase what you have, there is also the possibility that if you try to do something smart within the school to fool (NAT) to a single IP your provider may take a dim view on this especially if they are logging IP usage and such.
  10. Are you saying all your schools are connected to a single network using the same Ip ranges or part thereof?? This does not sound right to me, all our school do indeed sit on a connected community network but have a 10.x.x.x gateway address while all internal IPs inc Admin have a 192.168.x.x address this way you do not clash with other schools. I agree with RobC that you could just make your admin server a dhcp server but you say that your curric pc's are dhcp assigned so I have to assume that you have a dhcp server on your network already if that is the case adding another dhcp server will introduce problems. Can you not use the exisitng dhcp server to assign the dhcp to the admin pc's or can they not see it, hence the static assignment. Also you say you are running out of IP's this must mean that you have more than 253 ip's assigned on your admin network???
  11. Are you running static IP addresses or DHCP? That would be my first question.
  12. OK have worked out the MySQL problem and sorted it, seems like the Migration tool MySQL supplies did not migrate everything across. Have posted up a new update v0.9.1b, so anyone who has downloaded the previous version please update. See this post for full list of changes --> http://www.opsoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24.0.html
  13. @localzuk: can you PMme your email address as I can not attach any files to a PM.
  14. @webman: It is just that MySQL has a slightly different syntax when it comes to CASE statements. @localzuk: If I PM you the updated file can you try it out for me as I am not anywhere near a MySQL database at the moment (I use MSSQL)
  15. @Localzuk: Found the problem, it is MySQL specific, sorting it now and will post an update in about 10 mins.
  16. ooohhhhhhh, I forgot that bit ;-) The default admin details are as follows: Username: admin Password: password I'll update the install docs now with that, cheers mate
  17. @localzuk: Thanks for this, I will update the script and post an update shortly.
  18. In reponse to plexer's comment above I have now released the helpdesk and can be downloaded from the link in my signature or you can grab a look here --> http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9430&highlight=FITS Cheers
  19. I have had a few of them also and was very pleased with what we got.
  20. Hi All, I am happy to say the Helpdesk is available and ready for download. I think I have pretty much covered everything but hey let me know if I did miss anything, anyhow you can download from the linkis my signature below with full install instructions available here --> http://www.opsoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,18.msg23.html#msg23 If you do plan on using NTLM Authentication please pay attention to the WARNING in the setup docs..... If you want to to provide feedback you can do so here --> http://www.opsoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,2.0.html or on this forum with bug and feature requests being made here --> http://www.opsoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html Any problems shout me.
  21. @Bossman, the HT is the only one to have Vista all other PC's are WINXP SP2, although the versions of MS Access are the same down to the build number.
  22. i'll have a look and let you know but I agree MS Office should work
  23. Sorry to bump this but it was posted late last night and I was hoping someone may have come across this????
  24. I have a laptop which has Vista on it and Access 2003 now this is used as the backend for the School Improvment Software and what has happened in the past under XP is that the HT makes his updates I then come along and copy it to the network drive so other in the school can access the changes made. Now this has never been a problem until I got the HT a new laptop which had Vista on it, the program itself works great but on doing the first copy to the network after an update the network PC's complained about the database being out of date. I checked the setup table which has the version number in it and it displays as 3.0.8 this is clearly wrong as it should be 4.0.5. I went back to the laptop opened the access database and checked the version number there and sure enough it is 4.0.5, now this is me thinking I screwed up somewhere so I copied the datbase (right click, send to) a usb memory stick (brand new, nothing on it) and checked that database while still attached to the laptop and sure enough the version is .... wait for it .... 3.0.8 8O <-- How did that happen???? Next stage simply do a straight copy og the database while in the SAME folder, checked the copy again and hello --> 3.0.8. I have no way of getting this database of this laptop without loosing data, the version is not the only thing that changes. Has anyone seen this?? Is there some kind of caching going possibly, so when I copy it grabs a cached copy instead?? Is there any reason why I should not loose the will to live?? Any help would be great :?
  25. I'm sure it would'nt be that hard to include it but that would be at a later date.
×
×
  • Create New...