_Bat_
Members-
Posts
1,352 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by _Bat_
-
Fairly certain its not. The job description they gave of their own job before leaving varies wildly from the one posted above
-
How many lines of code are you Geoff?
-
I think you just won $50 claridentech... it all depends on if the new owner of the domain accepts the workaround or wants a refund.
-
Just spamming... its a shareware site, most of the software on there would be useless to members of this board.
-
Might as well just take a picture of my server instead. They probably look very similar
-
I have forwarded that solution on. Whats annoying is I was already aware of that code but just didn't think of it! Haha. I will let you know if you won The wonders of javascript... dunno what I'd do without it EDIT I'm putting the code into here so I don't jave to keep extracting the code from your page. The other forum won't allow me to enter it directly. REDIRECT PAGE <br /> <!--<br /> if (window!= top)<br /> top.location.href=location.href<br /> // --><br />
-
Found this on another forum I regulate. Anyone up for it? ------ This is a challenge for any HTML/Internet experts. Here is the situation: I had an old subdomain account, http://will.i.am It redirected to a very specific url: http://mtylerjr.smallbizdepot.com/Pictures/Montana/Wildflowers/index.htm (my wildflower website.) Ive sold the rights to the will.i.am subdomain to someone else, so they could redirect will.i.am anywhere they want. But unfortunately, it looks like the people who own the base i.am domain are no longer supporting their subdomains, meaning subdomains can no longer -change- the redirection. Therefore will.i.am is frozen permanently redirected to my wildflower website. So, the only available alternative for me was to redirect from the other side. I can, from the control panel for mtylerjr.smallbizdepot.com, redirect that particular url (http://mtylerjr.smallbizdepot.com/Pictures/Montana/Wildflowers/index.htm) to somewhere else. I thought I had solved the problem! I redirected it to CNN.com. So, now if you go to http://will.i.am, it redirects to CNN.com. HOWEVER, and this is the challenge and question. Even though will.i.am redirects to CNN.COM, I still see "Wildflowers of Glacier national park" in the title of the browser tab, as well as the title bar of the broswer itself. This must be from the i.am site itself. I can't change that from the will.i.am account anymore. So, does anyone know of any HTML code I could include within a web page, to override the title, even if the web page is within a frame of another web page? I.e. You cant just use the tags, this doesnt reach outside of that frame to the top level. I dont know if it is possible, but maybe there is an HTML expert lurking on this board. If you can solve this problem, and this allows me to not have to refund the money for the sub domain, I will give $50 to whoever found the solution. If you find a solution, put the HTML file on the web someplace and give me the url, so I can redirect will.i.am to it, and see if it works (i.e. doenst display "Wildflowers of Glacier National Park" in the title Thanks! Oh, I need this ASAPl I dont know how long I can stall this guy from wanting a refund.
-
Another staff member proven not to be a bot. I still think Geoff is a bot though... anyone prove anotherwise?
-
For now I think we'll stick with the cages until we find a better solution (I need to spend some time planning and going through all potential solutions as opposed to diving straight in and ruining it all - i've had enough bad experiences doing that to last me a life time). The cages should hold the machines tight enough to prevent anyone getting the computer out without wrecking it completely. Break-ins are common place around my school area though, at one point it was happening on a nightly basis... the onsite caretaker was losing his mind over it (and I mean literally).
-
K. I'll look into some of the suggestions on this page. Thanks for that Geoff, certainly eyebrow raising.
-
Filtered . Apparently its pr0n lol.
-
Link has expired... I never got to see that, what was it?
-
You don't need to work in IT, Craig! You could set up a business doing the above
-
Vielen Dank!
-
I guess something like this: http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=159610&CatId=688 (which is kensington also) could be a good option. But does it actually work, or would it be easy to cut through? I'm not sure many would leave part of the monitor behind.
-
We are getting a bunch of new PCs in to school soon, but I am a little concerned about security. The current PCs are locked in gigantic cages which, to say the least, are ugly and look like they belong in a prison. There is also a couple of issues with re-using these cages. The first is that the current PCs have bars securely glued to the top of them which prevents them from being removed from the cage unless you open it. We no longer have any of these bars left and as the cages are about 10 years old, I doubt we could source any more. The second issue is that I no longer have any fingers left that haven't had a blister on them at some point from trying to open these dreadful things. You have to literally grind the key in the lock for 10 mins before it decides to open. So basically I am -hoping- to get rid of them. Are there any cheapish security devices that are easy to install but actually do the job? The rooms these computers are intended to go in are not brilliantly secure, so definately need some kind of security devices attached to the computers. Thanks
-
What book is this anyway and what is it about? I'm confused
-
I wonder how many 419 scammers are aware of that site?
-
Heh, if I had the time to go through with it, I'd do something like that. I reckon most would fall for it as well, just as thousands of people world wide still fall for the scammers. Whenever I come across a phishing site, I tend to enter loads of false details to annoy them.
-
I think it's just that swear word on the front page that could get me into trouble (it's doubtful, but best to be on the safe side)
-
I personally get my computers custom made from the local computer shop. Obviously they get the parts cheap because they are bought in bulk, which is why I don't build them myself. They are not brilliantly cheap, but certainly better spec and prices then the stuff you get at places like PC World.
-
Both my schools are like it as well. I think I mentioned it a couple of times in different threads, but I quite frankly have no idea what licenses we have for a lot of our software. There is a box I have next to me at the moment which is full of documentation, but I'm fairly certain that only half the licenses we actually have are in there. I hve tried to solve this issue with both schools several times, but with no success. I think its just one of those things that there is nothing that can be done about it apart from making sure any new software to go on the network is correctly licensed, which you are doing.
-
Heck... I don't really think a PC with that spec needs upgrading IMO unless you are a real hardcore gamer. My PC at home is trivial compared to that. I'm still with half a gig of RAM
-
Well done Craig THAT is something that is suitable to accidently leave lying around the staff room.
-
I think it'd be nice to have US members because then the site would be active 24 hours a day as opposed to 8:00am - 5:00pm Mon - Fri. It's actually quite ironic that this forum is like this because most forums usually die down during the times most of their members are at work
