Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

_Bat_

Members
  • Posts

    1,352
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by _Bat_

  1. I hate to say this, but I just gave up in the end and went to every computer to install the activex control. Fortunately I only had 30 or so computers to install it on. And guess what? They never use it.
  2. How much success are you having at getting into your e-mail now? It's really strange here. I can access e-mail perfectly fine via firefox, but via internet explorer, the page just either completely or half fails to load. After several hard refreshes in IE, I can eventually make the page legible, but still not loading properly. I just don't understand. Why would the page load perfectly in firefox? I suspect it is something to do with the imimic cache server, but wouldn't that affect firefox too? :?
  3. Don't mean to take this off topic, but how often DOES everyone clean the filters in their projectors? I have it easy compared to most, as I only look after about 26 projectors. For those of you with more, do you go around by yourself cleaning them all?
  4. NVU is good when it does what it says in the manual. Quite frankly though, in my experience, it has a mind of its own and crashes randomly and often. It's not really the NVU developers fault as it is based on mozilla composer and that has the same kind of bugs.
  5. I used joomla on http://www.theovalprimary.co.uk . I've not used any other CMS before, but had a look at website baker after seeing Craigs website. It looks fairly simple to use, but I think I'm going to stick with Joomla for any websites I make for the time being as it is what I'm used to now. Joomla is highly advanced and has a wide variety of common addons and extensions which can be used. It takes a little while to get used to the admin backend, but I suspect that applies to most CMS.
  6. Okay, I saw this today and burst out laughing, I'm still recovering now. Go onto google maps and get directions from London - New York. Take a look at the following direction where it says "Swim across the Atlantic Ocean 3,462 miles 29 days". This has to be some google programmers humour coming to light. Here is a screenshot as an attachment:
  7. _Bat_

    Dialup Simulation

    http://www.dallaway.com/sloppy/ Wasn't aware software like this existed before, but, of course, I had never looked for it before now. Very useful for finding out just how slow your websites load in dialup. I for one no longer have access to a dialup internet connection, so software like this is a god send.
  8. Haha, how often is the bas***d released anyway? I reckon it should be a daily thing. As for the tossing contest, I have a large number of hp deskjet 640c printers that I can freely contribute. Then again, without them, I'd probably be made redundant.
  9. Damn! Now that could have made our job easy
  10. They could make a start by arresting the right people. A few months back, a friend of mine was sitting in his house alone when a lad of about 19/20 came a kicked his front door in several times and then ran off. Now sure what the purpose was, we suspect the motive was racism . Anyway, my friend being the guy that he is wasn't gonna watch someone run away after kicking his front door like that, and he chased him down the street and after about half a mile, he caught up with him and rugby tackled him to the ground. The guy he just knocked to the ground then started screaming blue murder and he attracted a lot of attention from passers-by. To cut a long story short, my friends wife arrived home to a damaged door, several police cars stationed in and around her road and her husband under arrest. "-Now- what have you done, dear?"
  11. Haha, good question. I'd take a guess and say it's just habit. You don't finish a username with a full stop, so what would be the most common thing you'd use after typing a word. A space. Unfortunately many people still unconciously live under the delusion that if you cannot see something, it's not there. As you can't generally see the space, -obviously- it's not there.
  12. It's a good job I never select the I'm feeling lucky option.
  13. Hehehehe. Talking of usernames... this is an extremely regular problem for me (several support calls a day). The space (ranging from one space to about ten spaces) after the username is a very common one, but so are spaces in the middle of a username such as "02 j bauer" or the common o/0 problem, such as 'o2jbauer' or even extremely obvious typos such as '02jbuaer' get a support request occasionally. The strange thing is though, each teacher was given a list of usernames and passwords for each of their pupils. All the usernames follow the same layout and all the users passwords are the same (as we are a primary school). I'm not sure why it's difficult to spot errors. I wish I could emphasis enough to them that user accounts don't suddenly disappear or passwords/usernames changed automatically so therefore it's best to triple check your username and password before calling support.
  14. Haha, my mind is too innocent... I had no idea what you were talking about, so I googled 'JIZ' and google told me I'd spelt it wrong so I selected it's suggestion and was unpleasantly surprised :pukeright:
  15. There is also nothing quite like the look on the faces of a year 3 class when a teacher comes a-knocking on your office door in a panick saying their whiteboard is broken. Once arrived at their classroom, they explain in front of their class how they have tried everything in the past half an hour and nothing is getting it working, it must be broken. A quick press of the function key and f5 to switch to external video (taking less then two seconds) and the look on the pupils faces was like "woooooooow..." and some of them started clapping, lol, it was funny.
  16. Lol, bet the joke made them a small fortune as well. Now why didn't -I- have that idea? *Sigh*
  17. Haha, fair point Craig. Looking at http://www.penisland.net though, is it just me or is that site staged? The contact page is a simple mailto link which won't work on a lot of computers. There is little to no info on the site. The most useful bit if info I get is: What do you think?
  18. Haha, do you really think they would care? I know I certainly wouldn't. This is a common list that is reguarly spread around the internet. Some time last year, a list of them was published in the metro newspaper. At least one of those sites I saw has google ads on there. How much money do you think they are getting from the extra hits? It just gets their site attention at the end of the day. Who cares what methods are used to get it? It's just business practise lol.
  19. Everyone run! It's grumbledook in hiding!
  20. We also have setting the PC time from the server and setting the background as well as drive mapping, but thats it.
  21. Meh... yesterday was a day of work for me. I didn't do too much though. - Washed both cars on the front drive - Vaccummed house from top to bottom (we have a large house - three floors) - Cleared up my bedroom as much as possible (still looks like a teenagers bedroom, well I am only 20 ) - Briefly swept up back garden Then spent some of the day watching 24 (the fifth series) on my laptop. Tomorrow I think I'll be doing work for the school because I probably won't get time to do much throughout the remaining week and watching the remaining episodes of 24 .
  22. Is there really going to be no-one above you? I work for two primary schools and work there on my own, but I have a network manager who I only see about once every two weeks. I can call him if anything goes dreadfully wrong and he helps with major work (such as server upgrades), which is why I'm only considered ICT Technician. I got this job with no experience (having only recently come out of college) and the only computing related qualification I have (aside from ICT GCSE) is an AVCE course (worth two A Levels). As for the first aid knowledge, thats not something I had to have but I'd guess its because every school has to have some people working there with this knowledege and they might have lost one of their staff who has this knowledge recently so need to knock up their numbers (thats just my guess anyway).
  23. Who said MS Paint wasn't powerful enough for your schooling needs? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU This guy is either a complete pro in MS Paint or has waaaaay too much time on his hands.
  24. http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/Animator+vs+Animation/ and http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/Animator+vs+Animation+2/ These are superb. I was in tears of laugher watching them, hope you all like them as much as I did. Go weebl!
  25. Well that petabyte of hard disk space has to go to some use
×
×
  • Create New...